Pagans IV: Because This is a Weird Place

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Wait, there are moon landing deniers here too?

i see you drank the kool-aid :chuckle:

ngbbs4b916e4dda085.jpg

Quincy

There's no hypocrisy like the hypocrisy of claiming to be a true patriotic Christian American..... and then spitting on the face of the country's greatest scientific achievement. I wish we could line up the delusional jerks and let Buzz Aldrin punch them all.

Caledvwlch

It's been a real wasteland, lately, too.

I don't have the long perspective to compare it to any other time. It seems more or less the same to me, except the political stuff being more of a parody of itself than at any previous time that I can remember.

Are we talking about the same thing?

PureX

I don't have the long perspective to compare it to any other time. It seems more or less the same to me, except the political stuff being more of a parody of itself than at any previous time that I can remember.

Are we talking about the same thing?
There are always a certain number of folks who post on TOL, with whom it's not really even possible to converse. They simply cannot cognate the ideas expressed by others. Their whole existence is based on the intent of advancing their own opinions (which they see as the absolute, undeniable and unquestionable truth) and any thoughts expressed by others are perceived as little more than nonsense, or 'white noise'.

There are also those who fly into 'auto-defend' mode so easily and so quickly that there's no point in trying to converse with them, either. As they will perceive every thought and opinion that doesn't align exactly with their own as an 'attack' on them, personally.

And of course there are always one or two of those emotional retards around that are not looking for any conversation at all, but only for an excuse to attack other people with childish insults.

Over the course of time I have noticed a kind of ebb and flow to the percentages of these non-communicants among the active participants on the site. And when their percentages are high, the site becomes very boring (to me), because an actual conversation involving an exchange of ideas becomes more and more difficult to engage in.

This seems to be one of those times.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There are always a certain number of folks who post on TOL, with whom it's not really even possible to converse. They simply cannot cognate the ideas expressed by others. Their whole existence is based on the intent of advancing their own opinions (which they see as the absolute, undeniable and unquestionable truth) and any thoughts expressed by others are perceived as little more than nonsense, or 'white noise'.

There are also those who fly into 'auto-defend' mode so easily and so quickly that there's no point in trying to converse with them. They will perceive every thought and opinion that doesn't ratify their own as an 'attack' on them, personally.

And of course there is always one or two emotional retards here that are not looking for any conversation at all, but only for an excuse to attack other people with adolescent insults.

Over the course of time I have noticed a kind of ebb and flow to the percentages of these non-communicants among the active participants on the site. And when their percentages are high, the site becomes very boring (to me), because an actual conversation involving an exchange of ideas becomes more and more difficult to engage in.

This seems to be one of those times.

All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.