Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those the follow him will suffer if they use violence,

Scripture please.

we are to suffer

Scripture please.

and not repay with violence but overcome evil with good.

It's a very good thing to actively defend yourself and kill the guy who's attempting to murder you if the government is unable to intervene.

The world will use swords, guns and all manor of weapons.

And?

But those born of God have faith and the Holy Spirit. And they have God to fight for them. And I trust in him.

So let me ask you this:

If you and your family are walking down the street in the evening after enjoying a nice dinner at a nice restaurant, and you see a man start running at you with a large knife out, would you rather rely on God's protection to protect you from the man stabs first your husband to death, then your children, then you? Or would you rather rely on the deterrent effect that a handgun has and pull it out and point it at the man and tell him to stop and put the knife down, hoping and praying that the man stops, and if not, knowing that your good care of the weapon makes it reliable enough to shoot the guy with? :think:

Good grief, Marhig, you pacifists really are stupid if you think that God has a protective bubble around those who love him.

Meshak is the same way, but she thinks there's a protective bubble around everyone, somehow.

It's utter stupidity.

This is reality, we're talking about, not some fantasy la la land.

Romans 12

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Give place to wrath means to let the government deal with punishing the criminal. It is NOT implying that one should never defend himself against an attacker on the street, NOR, for that matter, does it imply that a government should not use deadly force when engaging an evil foreign nation.

The Greek word where "wrath" is used is this:

Strong's g3709

- Lexical: ὀργή
- Transliteration: orgé
- Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
- Phonetic Spelling: or-gay'
- Definition: anger, wrath, passion; punishment, vengeance.
- Origin: From oregomai; properly, desire (as a reaching forth or excitement of the mind), i.e. (by analogy), violent passion (ire, or (justifiable) abhorrence); by implication punishment.
- Usage: anger, indignation, vengeance, wrath.
- Translated as (count): wrath (27), anger (5), of wrath (3), to wrath (1).

It is the government's place, as God's servant., as Paul mentions just a few verses later, to be an "avenger to execute wrath (same word) upon him who practices evil.

It's a very good thing to deter your wicked neighbor, through force if necessary), from committing a crime.

------------------------------------

One of my favorite jokes, from http://www.jokeindex.com/joke.asp?Joke=3848

Here is a little test that will help you decide*

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, an Islamic terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the knife, and charges at you.*

You are carrying a Glock cal 40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.*

What do you do?*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Democrat's Answer:*

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!*

Does the man look poor! Or oppressed?*

Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?*

Could we run away?*

What does my wife think? What about the kids?*

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?*

What does the law say about this situation?*

Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?*

Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?*

Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?*

Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?*

If I were to grab his knees and hold on , could my family get away while he was stabbing me?*

Should I call 9-1-1 ?*

Why is this street so deserted?*

We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.*
This is all so confusing!*

I need to discuss with some friends over a latte and try to come to a consensus.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Republican's Answer:*

BANG!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Redneck's Answer:*

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click....*
(sounds of reloading)*

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click*

Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?'*

Son: 'You got him, Pop! Can I shoot the next one?'*

Wife: 'You are not taking that to the taxidermist !*

:french:

:Grizzly:

:AoO:

john w

Hall of Fame
No matter how many you guys bring excuses to justify violent faith, it will be refuted miserably.

No,the "sweet little baby lying in a manger," the "lowly Galilean fisherman," would never employ violence....

John 2 KJV
12 After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days. 13 And the Jews’ passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, 14 and found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 15 and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables; 16 and said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.

Exodus 15 KJV

3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

I have officially closed this "thread." RIP.

Rosenritter

We haven't had a real 911 conspiracy theorist in a long time! :banana:

Far be it from me to take away someone's nationalistic motivation for creating faith-based concentration camps, but it didn't strike you as unusual when picture-perfect demolitions brought down towers supposedly melted by kerosene?

Rosenritter

I'm sorry, what? Are you SERIOUSLY implying that 9/11 was an inside job? Because Aimiel said "destruction," not "damage."

The WTC was destroyed by two groups of muslim terrorists flying a plane into each building. Not by bombs.

Or are you referring to the WTC bombing in '93, which damaged the North Tower, but didn't bring it down...? Please clarify.

In BOTH cases, it was muslim terrorists (and yes, terrorist is the correct word) who planned and executed the attacks.

We (the American government) should have put the terrorists (the ones who survived BOTH attacks) to death after finding them guilty, and it should have happened within 48 hours of the attacks, not after 4 years, in some cases.

Including the terrorist that removed the bomb-sniffing dogs 3 weeks prior?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Far be it from me to take away someone's nationalistic motivation for creating faith-based concentration camps, but it didn't strike you as unusual when picture-perfect demolitions brought down towers supposedly melted by kerosene?

oh goody - he appears to be of the "kerosene doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel" variety!

they're my favorite! :banana:

ok doser

Including the terrorist that removed the bomb-sniffing dogs 3 weeks prior?

looks like Sirius didn't get the memo:

sirius.jpg

This unit experienced what might be the first loss ever of an American police dog due to international terrorism when Sirius, PAPD Badge #17, died in the collapse of the World Trade Center's South Tower. Sirius' remains were recovered in 2002, and ceremoniously removed with full honors.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Authority_of_New_York_and_New_Jersey_Police_Department

Aimiel

It's highly unlikely that anyone Muslim brought down those buildings like a textbook perfect professional demolitions demonstration. If you're for locking people up, you might want to break out the cuffs for whomever had the bomb-sniffing dogs removed three weeks prior, or the person who had just put the huge insurance policy on the buildings right before. He could be a closet Muslim, maybe, and you'd get your wish that way.
Yeah, right... and we never landed on the moon, Trump is a Satan-worshipper, all airplanes are dropping chemicals on us and there is a 1,000 MPG engine available but the 'big oil' companies are keeping it from us, right? :rolleyes:

ok doser

Yeah, right... and we never landed on the moon, Trump is a Satan-worshipper, all airplanes are dropping chemicals on us and there is a 1,000 MPG engine available but the 'big oil' companies are keeping it from us, right? :rolleyes:

has trump ever gone to bohemian grove? :think:

Rosenritter

I wouldn't know about that (although Trump is certainly suspect) but perhaps you'd like to tell us how crashing a plane into a building brings about a professional-class demolition?

ok doser

I wouldn't know about that (although Trump is certainly suspect) but perhaps you'd like to tell us how crashing a plane into a building brings about a professional-class demolition?

south tower started collapsing at 0937 with the 90th floor, collapsed in total at 0959

not a "professional-class demolition"

north tower started collapsing at the top, at 1020, fully collapsed eight minutes later at 1028

not a "professional-class demolition"

The lower portions of both buildings' cores (60 stories of WTC 1 and 40 stories of WTC 2) remained standing for up to 25 seconds after the start of the initial collapse before they too collapsed.[44]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_of_the_World_Trade_Center#South_Tower_collapse