pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Rosenritter

The so-called Sermon on the Mount or Beatitudes pertained to the Davidic Kingdom at hand for Israel.

Because God only desires peacemakers if they are Jewish, and only Jews commit adultery if they have lust in their heart. Of course, God would only want Jews to love their enemies and resist not evil with evil, certainly not anyone else.

Rosenritter

my son is in the military and he is trained to keep those nuclear generators humming on an aircraft carrier

he's never killed anyone, and he's never been on a mission that involved killing anyone

he has been on missions that provided humanitarian aid to locales hit hard from natural disasters

if you're not trained to protect your children and grandchildren, chances are pretty good that you'll fail when the crisis comes

If you are trained to ask God for protection, chances are pretty good that you may be protected if the crisis is allowed to occur.

Rosenritter

how about training to stop evil-doers with potentially lethal force and praying that God allows them to survive and repent?

any reason that wouldn't work?

If you found yourself in a situation where you were using force that could potentially be deadly, would you also pray that your enemy not be harmed?

Rosenritter

LOL!!!! Jesus being the 2nd in the trinity, didn't need TO TRAIN, all he had to do was speak it....also, he had command over 1000's of angels who would utterly destroy at Jesus' word.

Luke 9:54-56 KJV
(54) And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
(55) But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
(56) For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Matthew 5:43-44 KJV
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

And for those who say that Jesus's words don't apply to them (only for JEWS) we have a similar passage in Romans:

Romans 12:17-21 KJV
(17) Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
(18) If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
(19) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
(20) Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
(21) Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Rosenritter

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

That was not a universal truth which Christ stated, but was a warning specific to the situation.
If Peter and others had persisted with the sword that night they would have died that night.

Obviously, not every person who has ever fought with a sword has died by a sword.

The reason for them not to fight with the sword wasn't because they would have died, it was because Christ didn't want them to use the sword to the degree that he would also let them perish who take up the sword. If Jesus can raise Lazarus from the dead after four days and restore the ear of the servant of the high priest when it is cut off, he likewise could have raised any of his disciples that perished in fighting.

Matthew 26:52 KJV
(52) Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

The reason Jesus stated that he had twelve legions of angels if he wished was to reassure Peter that He didn't need protecting from that silly sword.

Matthew 26:53-54 KJV
(53) Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
(54) But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Question: did Jesus somehow lose command of his angels between now and then that he now needs us to take up swords? Or do we have a lack of faith that tells us that God doesn't know what is really happening and that he actually needs us to direct the world? Sort of like Peter thought?

Rosenritter

We are simply responding to those who misuse the Scripture to reinforce their false doctrine.

That night, Peter cut off the ear of the servant of the high priest with a sword.

How does history say that Peter died?

We are told that he perished on a cross, even upside down at his own request. It seems he took Christ's words to heart and put away the sword, doesn't it?

drbrumley

Luke 9:54-56 KJV
(54) And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
(55) But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
(56) For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Matthew 5:43-44 KJV
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

And for those who say that Jesus's words don't apply to them (only for JEWS) we have a similar passage in Romans:

Romans 12:17-21 KJV
(17) Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
(18) If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
(19) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
(20) Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
(21) Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Nice verses. But again, context. It wasn't His time.....

Rosenritter

No, the destruction of the World Trade Center was merely their declaration of war against the USA. I'm for protecting American citizens by shipping them out of our country or locking them up like we did the Japanese during WWII. Until they learn not to wipe out entire populations of Christians once they take over power, they belong behind bars.

It's highly unlikely that anyone Muslim brought down those buildings like a textbook perfect professional demolitions demonstration. If you're for locking people up, you might want to break out the cuffs for whomever had the bomb-sniffing dogs removed three weeks prior, or the person who had just put the huge insurance policy on the buildings right before. He could be a closet Muslim, maybe, and you'd get your wish that way.

Rosenritter

Nice verses. But again, context. It wasn't His time.....

I agree that it wasn't Christ's time to fight against his enemies, but that's the reason why Christ didn't fight with his angels. That wasn't the reason he gave Peter as to why to put away his sword, Jesus gave him an entirely different reason all together that applies no matter what dispensation someone wants to invent or imagine.

drbrumley

That wasn't the reason he gave Peter as to why to put away his sword, Jesus gave him an entirely different reason all together that applies no matter what dispensation someone wants to invent or imagine.

“Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given Me?”

:think:

marhig

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

That was not a universal truth which Christ stated, but was a warning specific to the situation.
If Peter and others had persisted with the sword that night they would have died that night.

Obviously, not every person who has ever fought with a sword has died by a sword.
Those the follow him will suffer if they use violence, we are to suffer and not repay with violence but overcome evil with good. The world will use swords, guns and all manor of weapons. But those born of God have faith and the Holy Spirit. And they have God to fight for them. And I trust in him.

Romans 12

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

marhig

And He was right. What's the context? 54 "But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?”

He is going to do just that, or haven't you heard?
This is the weapon that Christ uses.

Revelation 2

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's highly unlikely that anyone Muslim brought down those buildings like a textbook perfect professional demolitions demonstration. If you're for locking people up, you might want to break out the cuffs for whomever had the bomb-sniffing dogs removed three weeks prior, or the person who had just put the huge insurance policy on the buildings right before. He could be a closet Muslim, maybe, and you'd get your wish that way.

We haven't had a real 911 conspiracy theorist in a long time! :banana:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I'm sorry, what? Are you SERIOUSLY implying that 9/11 was an inside job? Because Aimiel said "destruction," not "damage."

The WTC was destroyed by two groups of muslim terrorists flying a plane into each building. Not by bombs.

Or are you referring to the WTC bombing in '93, which damaged the North Tower, but didn't bring it down...? Please clarify.

In BOTH cases, it was muslim terrorists (and yes, terrorist is the correct word) who planned and executed the attacks.

We (the American government) should have put the terrorists (the ones who survived BOTH attacks) to death after finding them guilty, and it should have happened within 48 hours of the attacks, not after 4 years, in some cases.