pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Rosenritter

You mean like in third-world countries where Muslims are 'purging' countries of Christians by mass-murder; yes, revolution and armed conflict become a necessary evil. In my opinion we're in the middle of World War III and all Muslims should be behind bars or shipped back to an Islamic country.

I'm going to take a wild stab of a guess here and say that you'd like to take vengeance against the Muslims for 9/11?

Rosenritter

The moral difference is not in the tool used, it's in the circumstances and purpose... justification.
So... is there ever any instance where there would be a moral justification for a government to implement an assassination?

Did GOD ever order a government to kill an individual or a group of people?

The Amalekites come to mind, specifically to the King of Israel, King Saul. Saul had a prophet of the LORD (Samuel) who conveyed this instruction. Are there any prophets that instruct the kings of the earth today?

Rosenritter

Actually, I was anticipating RR to come back with that one and I think he was anticipating it as well.

GOD ordered the death penalty for shedding man's innocent blood thru Noah after the flood, and it's rooted in the fact that man was created in the image of GOD. The problem with its implementation is that it relies on the judgement of 'just' men, if you can find 'em.

I don't see that it has ever been rescinded.

There might be some application of "But I say unto you" ...

Matthew 5:43-44 KJV
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

It seems that we are drifting away from "government instituted armies that attack and kill people" to a broader subject of the punishment for murder. I can see how you might say an army might be a huge agent of murder, but what if you are in the army that is the agent of murder? We can see how this can get complicated and dicey really quickly, can't we?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There might be some application of "But I say unto you" ...

Matthew 5:43-44 KJV
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

It seems that we are drifting away from "government instituted armies that attack and kill people" to a broader subject of the punishment for murder. I can see how you might say an army might be a huge agent of murder, but what if you are in the army that is the agent of murder? We can see how this can get complicated and dicey really quickly, can't we?

The so-called Sermon on the Mount or Beatitudes pertained to the Davidic Kingdom at hand for Israel.

marhig

I didn't. And you have yet to prove your position. All you did was throw a bunch of bible verses around thinking it made your case..
Those "bunch of Bible verses" do make her case!

Wars are of the world, and the world will fight one another. Those truly born of God are not of this world and our armour is the spirit of God, and our sword is the word of God. We are not to train to naturally kill one another. Jesus didn't do this, And we are to follow him.

There is a big difference in protecting our family from intruders, and going out and training to kill others. I would protect my children and grandchildren with whatever I had at hand, but I wouldn't ever train to kill another human being.

Those truly born of God are not here to kill, they are here to do the will of God and bare witness to the truth, and Christ should be living through them and they should have the hope that the life of Christ in and through them and the word of God will save as many as will believe in him.

Whosoever they are.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There is a big difference in protecting our family from intruders, and going out and training to kill others.

my son is in the military and he is trained to keep those nuclear generators humming on an aircraft carrier

he's never killed anyone, and he's never been on a mission that involved killing anyone

he has been on missions that provided humanitarian aid to locales hit hard from natural disasters

I would protect my children and grandchildren with whatever I had at hand, but I wouldn't ever train to kill another human being.

if you're not trained to protect your children and grandchildren, chances are pretty good that you'll fail when the crisis comes

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... I would protect my children and grandchildren with whatever I had at hand, but I wouldn't ever train to kill another human being ...

how about training to stop evil-doers with potentially lethal force and praying that God allows them to survive and repent?

any reason that wouldn't work?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No it is just a question you do not want to answer. I will take it as a no. You would not protect your family

they are all protected by God and Jesus. God and Jesus are the most mighty power in the universe.

We have nothing to fear.

It is too bad that you don't have much faith in God and Jesus.

marhig

my son is in the military and he is trained to keep those nuclear generators humming on an aircraft carrier

he's never killed anyone, and he's never been on a mission that involved killing anyone

he has been on missions that provided humanitarian aid to locales hit hard from natural disasters

if you're not trained to protect your children and grandchildren, chances are pretty good that you'll fail when the crisis comes
And your son is very brave, but when we belong to God we have a spiritual warfare to fight, not a natural one, that war is of this world. Spiritual warfare is fighting spiritual wickedness in high places. Standing against the wiles of devil with the armour of God and we fight with the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God

Ephesians 6

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This is the war those born of God fight, the same war that Jesus fought and he will be in the hearts of those who belong to him helping them. Jesus never fought with weapons and he is our example to follow.

marhig

how about training to stop evil-doers with potentially lethal force and praying that God allows them to survive and repent?

any reason that wouldn't work?

As I've said all that is of this world. I trust in God and have faith in him. And I know that it would be wrong before God for me to take up a weapon and train to kill.

Did Jesus train to stop evil doers with potentially lethal force?