ECT Other Sheep...Not of This Sheep Pen

themuzicman

Who are the "other sheep" which are mentioned by the Lord Jesus here?:

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

The text does not tell us, and we shouldn't presume, and then build doctrine on it.

Danoh

Are you mocking Jesus? Jesus says to be careful how you judge because it will be how you will be judged.

Under the Law
O wretched condition
He did not die
There is no remission
Its up to me
Its all up to me
He's not redeemed us once and for all.

Under the Law - O wretched condition
Under the Law - O doubter believe it
Cling to yourself, your burden is all
He's not redeemed us, once and for all

There ya go, GT, a hym (more like a you) just for you.

God's Truth

Under the Law
O wretched condition
He did not die
There is no remission
Its up to me
Its all up to me
He's not redeemed us once and for all.

Under the Law - O wretched condition
Under the Law - O doubter believe it
Cling to yourself, your burden is all
He's not redeemed us, once and for all

There ya go, GT, a hym (more like a you) just for you.

Come to the place of understanding. Obey and come to understanding.

We obey by repenting then get knowledge.

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

If we obey Jesus---THEN WE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH.

John 8:31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Jesus reveals himself to those who obey him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Who are the "other sheep" which are mentioned by the Lord Jesus here?:

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

It's sheepfold not pen buddy

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you are right! Here we can see that the Lord Jesus speaks of those "other sheep" as already being His sheep prior to following Christ:

"I have (present tense) other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen (future tense) to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

Do you see anything significant in this?

The knowledge of God as revealed thru creation is sufficient to condemn the natives but not sufficient to save them my dear Sugart.
This is why you must move your belongings to some remote savage land immediately and begin your preaching there. Where no one can no any better. Selah

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think you are right, but there are those of Israel that are among the Gentiles. Most don't consider that the apostles also gained many converts to the east in "Media" where the 10 tribes were hauled off to by the Assyrians. I believe this is why there was also an Aramaic version of the scriptures generally known as the Peshitta or Peshito. This is the land the "wise men" came from to worship the infant Jesus, and was at the time known as the Parthian Empire which had actually made some significant inroads into "Babylonia" against the Romans. This explains why Herod was so freaked out when a "Parthian" delegation shows up to pay homage to the "new-born king."

Absolutely true. :thumb:

Interplanner

Absolutely true. :thumb:

It's Medea, and some of those examples are before the apostles. Most of the apostles did not spread out that direction because of travel conditions and the hostilities against the Roman Empire's hold on the Mediterranean. Aramaic arrived way before Christ.

Most of the apostle's attention was on Jews who were in the Med basin, because they wanted their countrymen to work in God's mission, his new vineyard to the nations.

Danoh

It's Medea, and some of those examples are before the apostles. Most of the apostles did not spread out that direction because of travel conditions and the hostilities against the Roman Empire's hold on the Mediterranean. Aramaic arrived way before Christ.

Most of the apostle's attention was on Jews who were in the Med basin, because they wanted their countrymen to work in God's mission, his new vineyard to the nations.

I read that somewhere too... in a book "about" it. Lol

Danoh

Ezekiel 34:

23. And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
24. And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.
25. And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.

Ezekiel 37:

21. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22. And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23. Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places,
wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24. And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26. Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

John 10:

14. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

When will He gather said other sheep out of those Israelites scattered among the heathen?

The first part - Matthew 10:

5. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

16. Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18. And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be
given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
21. And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

So much for notions of 70AD, and books about Peter in Rome and James in India, and more, and more "books about."

Matthew 24:

29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power
and great glory.
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

So what happened?

Romans 11:25-29, etc.

themuzicman

Actually, the passage does tell us - in fact; several times in the same passage.

14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

Please. Point it out.

Interplanner

Ezekiel 34:

23. And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
24. And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.
25. And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.

Ezekiel 37:

21. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22. And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23. Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places,
wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24. And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26. Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

John 10:

14. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

When will He gather said other sheep out of those Israelites scattered among the heathen?

The first part - Matthew 10:

5. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

16. Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18. And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be
given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
21. And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

So much for notions of 70AD, and books about Peter in Rome and James in India, and more, and more "books about."

Matthew 24:

29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power
and great glory.
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

So what happened?

Romans 11:25-29, etc.

No, the answer is not your misunderstood Rom 11, which is a soundbyte of D'ism for the last 150 years, but is clearly not about a distant future. The answer is that the delay that was allowed did indeed happen, and we are in it. It's 2 Peter 3 that explains that, unless you think that 'coming' is the first. Isn't it odd that a passage of Scripture itself would resolve things?

Danoh

No, the answer is not your misunderstood Rom 11, which is a soundbyte of D'ism for the last 150 years, but is clearly not about a distant future. The answer is that the delay that was allowed did indeed happen, and we are in it. It's 2 Peter 3 that explains that, unless you think that 'coming' is the first. Isn't it odd that a passage of Scripture itself would resolve things?

Lol; you're asserting your own 2P2P, and don't even know you are.

Interplanner

You are breathtakingly ignorant. I'm speaking of one people and program. Thus the passage is NOT about a future one, which would be two. Are you having trouble with the math.

What is 2P2P about saying he meant one people and program by referring to the Israel of 11:26 as being justified by Christ, not a future one that would be a theocracy due to misplaced or unfinished business from Abraham's punchlist of promised goods?

He meant one people/program and that is what is there to the end of time. All of that Israel gets justified from its sins, and he wants (urges) his own countrymen to work as missionaries toward that message instead of lose their lives in a stupid fight for a theocracy against Rome under John of Gischala in 68AD.

Honestly, I think that is my best "Paul in one line."