ECT Other Sheep...Not of This Sheep Pen

Jerry Shugart

Who are the "other sheep" which are mentioned by the Lord Jesus here?:

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

Jerry Shugart

The rest of Israel to whom he was sent.

Did the rest of Israel "listen to His voice" and follow Him?:

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (Jn.10:27).​

I think not!

turbosixx

Gentiles

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did the rest of Israel "listen to His voice" and follow Him?:

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (Jn.10:27).​

I think not!

But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24 NKJV)​

Are you saying Jesus was mistaken?

Danoh

You guys don't get what Jerry is doing???

He asks a question, a whip ever ready to crack on the knuckles of those who do not vomit his answer.

Whenever he pulls this nonsense - turn it on him - make him relate his own answer with his fool question.

We are adults, we don't need some clown coming along and asserting passing grades only he approves.

Shame on you once more, Jerry Shugart!

Relate your answer from the start - quit baiting others for the purpose of your own glorying over them.

You would be pope of know it all. Shame on you once more.

In short "drop dead" (meaning "get lost" as to this nonsense of yours).

revpete

Yes, the Gentiles are the answer so Jews and Gentiles make up the one flock wherein there is neither but all are one in Christ.

Pete 👤

Jerry Shugart

REAL Bible following Christians are the other sheep.

Perhaps you are right! Here we can see that the Lord Jesus speaks of those "other sheep" as already being His sheep prior to following Christ:

"I have (present tense) other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen (future tense) to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

Do you see anything significant in this?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

He is talking about Jews and gentiles who are willing to be led by Jesus.

God's Truth

Perhaps you are right! Here we can see that the Lord Jesus speaks of those "other sheep" as already being His sheep prior to following Christ:

"I have (present tense) other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen (future tense) to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

When Jesus came to earth and taught the new covenant, he came for the lost sheep of Israel. When Jesus was crucified, then ALL can come to him.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

DAN P

Hi , and I appreciate some of your posts even when I disagree with your Acts 13 position which is a combo of Kingdom and Grace !!

There is the " LITTLE FLOCK " taken away from Israel and given to the 12 , in Luke 12:32 , so it can not be them !!

#2 , And it can not be US as we are the Body of Christ , nothing HERE !!

#3 , In John 10:16 the verb " they shall hear " is in the FUTURE TENSE as is " there shall be " !!

#4 , I believe it is in the Millennium Kingdom Rom 11:19 and refernced in Matt 25:33-34 !!

What say you ?

dan p

Danoh

Hear that noise in the background, people?

The bait's been set; the trap has caught its prey, and the soap box of insistence is on its way...

Up next; Jerry's favorite compulsion - the need to lord certain issues over others... here it comes; mark my words...

Bad enough he is off-base as to who that "other sheep" is a reference to...

But, that was not really what he was after... all that was, was the parts and labor for his soapbox; just watch...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hear that noise in the background, people?

The bait's been set; the t rap has caught its prey, and the soap box of insistence is on its way...

Up next; Jerry's favorite compulsion - the need to lord certain issues over others... here it comes; mark my words...

Bad enough he is off-base as to who that "other sheep" is a reference to...

But, that was not really what he was after... all that was, was the parts and labor for his soapbox; just watch...

2918 to 3003 - rep for you

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

sheep pen ? what Bible says that ? i'm sure there is one or more, i want to know so avoid those - :patrol: