ECT Other Sheep...Not of This Sheep Pen

Interplanner

No, I just noticed how you were so taken by 1-2 verses of Colossians at a time that you mention a couple in your footer, then another couple, then another 1 lol!

Jerry Shugart

I believe it is in the Millennium Kingdom Rom 11:19 and refernced in Matt 25:33-34 !!

What say you ?

Do you not know that those in the Body of Christ will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to set up His earthly kingdom?

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

Therefore, beginning when those in the Body are caught up to meet the Lord in the air they will be with Him forever. That can only mean that when He returns to set up His earthly kingdom the members of the Body will be with Him. And theywill be with Him throughout the Millennial Kingdom.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you not know that those in the Body of Christ will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to set up His earthly kingdom?

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

Therefore, beginning when those in the Body are caught up to meet the Lord in the air they will be with Him forever. That can only mean that when He returns to set up His earthly kingdom the members of the Body will be with Him. And theywill be with Him throughout the Millennial Kingdom.

Why your simple question became such complicated talk?

Jerry Shugart

Where are you going with this Jerry?

I just want to see other people's opinion, especially in regard to this:

Here we can see that the Lord Jesus speaks of those "other sheep" as already being His sheep, and that is prior to listening to His voice:

"I have (present tense) other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen (future tense) to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

This seems to contradict what He said here:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

What do you think? Does anyone have an opinion about this?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I just want to see other people's opinion, especially in regard to what I pointed out earlier:

Here we can see that the Lord Jesus speaks of those "other sheep" as already being His sheep prior to listening to His voice:

"I have (present tense) other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen (future tense) to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd" (Jn.10:16).​

What do you think?

It seems to me He is talking about gentiles who will be His followers.

It is all about all His followers both Jews and gentiles.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Perhaps you are right! Here we can see that the Lord Jesus speaks of those "other sheep" as already being His sheep prior to following Christ:

Do you see anything significant in this?

We were foreknown and predestined just as the Jews were.

Interplanner

Totton,
It is not true of all the Jews. I don't think you know what Rom 9 is about. that is about why more Jews don't 'automatically' believe. Many of them do not, and many are the vessels of wrath mentioned in the middle of that chapter.

Rom 9 among other places is why the idea that God is doing things with all Jews, for or against them, is a product of Judaism, not Scripture. And Dispensationalism picked up where Judaism left off.

Jerry Shugart

We were foreknown and predestined just as the Jews were.

Let us look at this verse:

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love" (Eph.1:4).​

Once a person is "in Him" or "in Christ" he is saved:

"Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory" (2 Tim.2:10).​

So we can see that being chosen before the foundation of the world is in regard to salvation since the elect are chosen "in Him." In other words, no one can be chosen "in Him" unless salvation is first secured.

And since the "other sheep" are already His sheep before they even hear the voice of the Lord then I cannot see that it is possible that Ephesians 1:4 answers anything about this subject.

Danoh

Let us look at this verse:

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love" (Eph.1:4).​

Once a person is "in Him" or "in Christ" he is saved:

"Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory" (2 Tim.2:10).​

So we can see that being chosen before the foundation of the world is in regard to salvation since the elect are chosen "in Him." In other words, no one can be chosen "in Him" unless salvation is first secured.

And since the "other sheep" are already His sheep before they even hear the voice of the Lord then I cannot see that it is possible that Ephesians 1:4 answers anything about this subject.

Hmmm, the noise stopped...

That's because the soap box others were tricked into helping Jerry build, is now complete, once more...

There you have it, Jerry's same old desperate need to prove what believes about salvation; the issue he was actually baiting others into debating with him.

Towards what end?

This too has a recurrent pattern.

Towards proving he is right, and others are wrong.

This, while remaining clueless as to what John 10:16 is actually referring to.

Jerry Shugart

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything new which you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.

Danoh

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything new which you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.

Drop dead (get lost... out of sight, nor more the baiting black widow spider of a pest you have proven to be), you twister of other's words.

Danoh

You wish evil on others who are exactly like you.

In my generation "drop dead" means "get lost; go try that on someone else..."

It is a form of the Jewish tradition of kicking the dust off one's shoes as one dismisses someone one who has continually proven not worthy of hearing out no matter how much one has tried to "cut them some slack."

In short, drop dead, GT, lol

God's Truth

In my generation "drop dead" means "get lost; go try that on someone else..."

It is a form of the Jewish tradition of kicking the dust off one's shoes as one dismisses someone one who has continually proven not worthy of hearing out no matter how much one has tried to "cut them some slack."

In short, drop dead, GT, lol

Your drop dead comments are evil and are not from God.