On Rape

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In such a wide sense as to be meaningless.

Someone steals your credit card number online. It's your fault for having a credit card!

Someone breaks into my house while I'm at work. It's my fault because it couldn't happen unless I had a house!

Nancy Kerigan was asking for her leg to get bludgeoned. She had some nerve being good at ice skating. Her fault!

Every victim of every crime? Get real.

Which is the kind of thinking that leads to things like this:

California: Male prisoners who call themselves women will be sent to women’s prisons

And this:

District 211 has 30 days to allow Palatine transgender student locker room use (meaning the public schools now have to allow male students who claim transgender, into the girls locker rooms including showers)

So when one of the female prisoners or one of the middle school students gets raped - does only the rapist bear responsibility for this asinine policy?

Cedarbay

Did you ever stop to consider what made those crimes more likely to occur now than in the past. Step one. Did you ever think of any ways in which you could change the culture that caused the increase? Step two. Did you ever take any conscious action based on what you knew you could do? Step three.
What would your ideal culture look like?

How many generations back shall we go to find a more civilized society?

How about this?

One, quiet, Midwestern couple remain married to each other unto death. They have several children whom they raise in the Christian faith. They serve their church, their family and their neighbors. They volunteer at a local center that helps pregnant women. They write a few letters to the editor about the need for funding for these centers. They pray daily for an end to abortion because they have been told that prayer is the most powerful tool against evil.

Are they doing enough?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
or do you want to answer this simple hypothetical?

a father allows his children to be babysat by a known pedophile.

The children are molested.

is the pedophile responsible for his actions?

of course

does the father bear any responsibility for putting the children at risk?

Ooooooooo.
The first problem is that a KNOWN pedophile was back on the streets to begin with.
Should have been a death sentence, and the father would have never had to worry about them.

I agree with you, ok doser.
Perverts should be publicly shamed and punished to the max.
The punishment should be so severe that anyone willing to take that risk better be willing to give their life.

glorydaz

A dog pile? Hardly. :chuckle:

Now see, if sod was a liberal, you'd be telling him to man up. He doesn't need babying.

Not true, Anna. If he was whining, I'd be telling him to man up.

What I saw was a bunch of whiners invading his thread. He's simply trying to get the whiners to answer his questions instead of pitching fits. Nor is he in need of babying. That's one thing I can say about Res. He can take it as well as he dishes it out.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

What I saw was a bunch of whiners invading his thread. He's simply trying to get the whiners to answer his questions instead of pitching fits. Nor is he in need of babying. That's one thing I can say about Res. He can take it as well as he dishes it out.

i'm just surprised the rest of the tard-brigade wasn't here - anna must feel let down that zoo and artie didn't join in

glorydaz

How about this?

One, quiet, Midwestern couple remain married to each other unto death. They have several children whom they raise in the Christian faith. They serve their church, their family and their neighbors. They volunteer at a local center that helps pregnant women. They write a few letters to the editor about the need for funding for these centers. They pray daily for an end to abortion because they have been told that prayer is the most powerful tool against evil.

Are they doing enough?

They are doing exactly what they should be doing....and not going on a guilt trip about what they haven't done. :thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

How about this?

Are they doing enough?
No, not if that's all they are doing.
They are too one-sided.

Praising good, but keeping silent about evil is not doing enough.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

No he can't or he wouldn't have made so many reports in the woodshed.

You saw whiners because that's the only filter you use when you read a viewpoint that's not coming from a conservative. I understand that, just pointing it out. The same way you told me that liberals can't help the way they are. So he can have this thread. Maybe he'll feel better now. :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Which is the kind of thinking that leads to things like this:

California: Male prisoners who call themselves women will be sent to women’s prisons

And this:

District 211 has 30 days to allow Palatine transgender student locker room use (meaning the public schools now have to allow male students who claim transgender, into the girls locker rooms including showers)

So when one of the female prisoners or one of the middle school students gets raped - does only the rapist bear responsibility for this asinine policy?

Anyone?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Maybe he'll feel better now. :)

i'd feel better if you weren't so afraid of answering this simple question:

a father allows his children to be babysat by a known pedophile.

The children are molested.

is the pedophile responsible for his actions?

of course

does the father bear any responsibility for putting the children at risk?

that makes him a whiner

that's not faaaaaiiiirrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! :baby:

Cedarbay

No, not if that's all they are doing.
They are too one-sided.

Praising good, but keeping silent about evil is not doing enough.
This family has saved the lives of countless pre-born while counseling at the life care center. Their children follow in their footsteps. They leave a legacy of obedience and faithfulness to the Gospel.