Observations Great and Small

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Hey, look. My stalker has more posts in here than I do. :shocked:

oh, i'm sure you'll start locking it down soon enough

the smart money had you waiting until tomorrow before starting to complain about it :chuckle:

but i toooold 'em...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: Everyone have their tree up already? I use live trees and plant them on the acreage so mine just came in last night and is sitting pretty at present. Here's last years in the hall outside of Jack's playroom.

PureX

According to Gallup, conservative Americans continue to outnumber both liberals and the moderates. It's 38% conservative to 24% liberal, with the 14% gap being the smallest since Gallup started tracking it in 1992.

In 1992 moderates claimed the largest stake in the body politic, holding 43% of the electorate, while conservatives held 35% and liberals 17%.

Now it's conservatives at 38%, moderates at 34% and liberals at 24%. The way I read this is that moderates are steadily giving up on conservatism and are siding with the left. This, it seems to me, is bad news for conservatism. If it continues as as a trend the gains made since 92 will be overwhelmed by the two to one defection of the middle to the left.

So, if you're a conservative I'd argue it's time to rebuild a once thriving moderate base within your constituency. The left is gaining on you without it.
One has to wonder what the criteria was for each category. Seems to me we're pretty well split down the middle.

No tree up, here. But I did put up Christmas lights.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i leave mine outside and let God decorate them :)

33a9f20e0f0eddb69a83be4cb7c639d6.jpg

OCTOBER23

They say that cursive writing is dying
=======================

I analyze Handwriting for a hobby.

And you are right , Handwriting is a dying grammatical activity.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
One has to wonder what the criteria was for each category. Seems to me we're pretty well split down the middle.
Moderates have fallen from 43 to 34 over the period, with most of th gains going to the left. There are still enough of us that neither party can win without us, but the country is more polarized.

No tree up, here. But I did put up Christmas lights.
Did you put them up or just turn them back on. :shocked: :eek:

They say that cursive writing is dying
=======================

I analyze Handwriting for a hobby.

And you are right , Handwriting is a dying grammatical activity.
Too bad. Same with letters. I think that the extra effort tends to make us consider our choices a bit more, put more into our writing, attach more importance and thought...the antithesis of the tweet/text.

I suppose tomorrow I'll begin hiking pants and talking about the "kids" music. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Put them up, but inside the windows so I wouldn't have to go outside to plug them in.

I love Christmas lights. Not the prefab things, but the ones that are strung up by people with widely diverging levels of creativity and ability. There's something very endearing about the efforts that are obviously struggling in the daylight, but become beautiful every night. :)

bybee

I love Christmas lights. Not the prefab things, but the ones that are strung up by people with widely diverging levels of creativity and ability. There's something very endearing about the efforts that are obviously struggling in the daylight, but become beautiful every night. :)

Before I left for Florida my dear next door neighbor was out on the rooftop stringing lights along with assorted fun blow up characters on the lawn. Our neighborhood becomes a magical place after dark!

PureX

At the local dollar store, they are selling a string of LED lights with large plastic colored covers on them resembling the old-time Christmas bulbs from when we were kids. And they are really beautiful! And very bright.

I bought a string to put up in the house just for the colors (no tree) and I had to go back and get another (they are a little expensive at $7 a string). Now I might have to go get a small fake tree to put them on. Then you know what will happen, I'll see that the tree needs ornaments … and the insanity begins.

Or perhaps it already has. :)

PureX

You'd like mine. I didn't even try to border the windows. I just draped them across the whole pane so that from the outside the windows are a rectangle of colored lights, at night. From the inside I don't really see them because they're behind the blinds and drapes. I just plug them it at five and unplug them at eleven.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
At the local dollar store, they are selling a string of LED lights with large plastic colored covers on them resembling the old-time Christmas bulbs from when we were kids. And they are really beautiful! And very bright.

I bought a string to put up in the house just for the colors (no tree) and I had to go back and get another (they are a little expensive at $7 a string). Now I might have to go get a small fake tree to put them on. Then you know what will happen, I'll see that the tree needs ornaments … and the insanity begins.

Or perhaps it already has. :)

And tinsel and garland. How long are the strings of lights, Town ?

LED (light emitting diode) is the best !!!