No Works-No Salvation

clefty

I said
You idiot that is what the new covenant says.

[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

Please answer which commandment (singular) was changed...

clefty

I said
Its obvious you don't know the new covenant. Because you reject what ever the new covenant says in favor of your own delusions.

[Act 15:24
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "[You must] be circumcised and keep the law"--to whom we gave no [such] commandment--

Acts 15 And acertain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, b“Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”

Unless you do x you can not be saved was NOT taught in the OT...it was by faith any were saved...

They were saved from egypt before they even knew what the law was...

The new covenant was taught and modeled before He died...His blood and death signed and sealed it...so NO CHANGES AFTER...ok?

WWJD?...do that

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Acts 15 And acertain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, b“Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”

Unless you do x you can not be saved was NOT taught in the OT...it was by faith any were saved...

They were saved from egypt before they even knew what the law was...

The new covenant was taught and modeled before He died...His blood and death signed and sealed it...so NO CHANGES AFTER...ok?

WWJD?...do that

I said
Your an idiot. You take these little bits and pieces and try to make them fit your perversion. What did He do with those that He saved out of Egypt. He destroyed them.
[Jde 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said
Your

*You're

an idiot. You take these little bits and pieces and try to make them fit your perversion. What did He do with those that He saved out of Egypt. He destroyed them.
[Jde 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

And why did He destroy them? BECAUSE THEY DISOBEYED!

clefty

I said
The point is that He destroyed them. Saved is not salvation.

Just like now sneaky...

Many around here call and claim “LORD! LORD!” But who are the ones actually entering in?

Those that DO His Father’s will...you know...outlined in the OT...upheld and even amplified in the NT

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Just like now sneaky...

Many around here call and claim “LORD! LORD!” But who are the ones actually entering in?

Those that DO His Father’s will...you know...outlined in the OT...upheld and even amplified in the NT

I said
lol Who is LORD, LORD?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Someone you offer false worship to...Someone many call out to but do NOT DO the Will of His Father...

I said
You really are an idiot.

LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AND ALSO Lord JESUS CHRIST=LORD Lord

Ps 110:1

1 The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool."

(Matt)
Matt 25:1-12
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
Luke 13:25-27
25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
Matt 25:31-46
31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
33 "And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 'for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36 'I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38 'When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39 'Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Luke 13:28
28 "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
Heb 10:10
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Rom 14:9
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
Rom 14:11
11 For it is written: "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
Jude 1:4
4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
(NKJ)
XXXXX Lord is a title of spiritual authority over the earth. The LORD God held it alone until Jesus proved Himself to God the Father. Then God the Father gave the title of Lord to Jesus when Jesus received His Ministry. God is the title of spiritual authority over the universe which only God the Father holds. But even Jesus will hold that title at His second coming. God gave Jesus the title of Lord, not LORD. There is only one LORD, and there is only one Lord. And the Father is the only God.

[Rev 17:14
14 "These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those [who are] with Him [are] called, chosen, and faithful."

See also Treasures
Works Inside And Outside

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Someone you offer false worship to...Someone many call out to but do NOT DO the Will of His Father...

I said
You know even common sense says your an idiot. I have showed you with the Word of God and even with the revelations of Jesus Christ how wrong you are. And I do it with Gods Word.
And yet you want to argue with me. With no more than your own opinion which is contrary to Jesus. You know that is the same thing the Pharisees done with Jesus. He had the truth about God and came to share it with them. But in their arrogance, and pride they just kept trying to prove Him wrong.

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith Without Works -Is No Salvation

[Heb 6:1-3
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary [principles] of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this we will do if God permits.
[Jas 3:13
13 Who [is] wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct [that] his works [are done] in the meekness of wisdom.
... 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
[Jas 2:21-24, 26
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
[Jas 1:22-25
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues [in it], and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
[Tit 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.

xxx You cant get out of the milk understanding without works. If you dont believe in works your abiding in the milk. And you are falling short of salvation. Salvation must be worked for.

[Phl 2:12-16
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for [His] good pleasure.
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing,
15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

You believe just like the Pharisees did.

They even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23.

Faith comes first. When one comes to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him God gives him the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit, not the law, working in the life of the believer that produces good works and the Christian life.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

It is all of God and not of the law or religion. If you are not being led by the Holy Spirit and the Gospel of Jesus Christ your good works are worthless. Christians do good works out of gratitude for what Christ has done for them and not to please God. God is already pleased with his Son Jesus Christ. We are acceptable to God only because of the doing and the dying of Jesus.

beloved57

pates false statement

Faith comes first. When one comes to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him God gives him the Holy Spirit.

Man by nature cant come to Christ because hes spiritually dead. Those in the flesh cant please God Rom 8:8, Faith pleases God Heb 11:6

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Faith comes first. When one comes to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him God gives him the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit, not the law, working in the life of the believer that produces good works and the Christian life.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

It is all of God and not of the law or religion. If you are not being led by the Holy Spirit and the Gospel of Jesus Christ your good works are worthless. Christians do good works out of gratitude for what Christ has done for them and not to please God. God is already pleased with his Son Jesus Christ. We are acceptable to God only because of the doing and the dying of Jesus.

I said
You seem to have me mixed up with someone else. I don't pay tithes.
And keeping Jesus' commandments is our works. You should rethink your position or you will be standing their on judgment day with an empty lamp.

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
You seem to have me mixed up with someone else. I don't pay tithes.
And keeping Jesus' commandments is our works. You should rethink your position or you will be standing their on judgment day with an empty lamp.

4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

You said, "Keeping Jesus commandments is our works".

That is living by the law. We are not called to live by laws, rules or religion. Living by laws, rules and religion promotes sin.

"But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT THE LAW SIN WAS DEAD"

"For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, SIN REVIVED AND I DIED"

"And the commandment which was ordained to life, I FOUND TO BE UNTO DEATH" Romans 7:8-10.

You are in total and complete opposition to the apostle Paul.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You said, "Keeping Jesus commandments is our works".

That is living by the law. We are not called to live by laws, rules or religion. Living by laws, rules and religion promotes sin.

"But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT THE LAW SIN WAS DEAD"

"For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, SIN REVIVED AND I DIED"

"And the commandment which was ordained to life, I FOUND TO BE UNTO DEATH" Romans 7:8-10.

You are in total and complete opposition to the apostle Paul.

I said
In Gods grace, His grace not ours. He sent us a new law based on better promises. The law of Christ. And in the law of Christ there are many commandments from Jesus that we must obey.

[Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Don't you know there are laws in any contract. You do this and I'll do this. You don't do this and you broke the contract.

[Heb 8:6
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
In Gods grace, His grace not ours. He sent us a new law based on better promises. The law of Christ. And in the law of Christ there are many commandments from Jesus that we must obey.

[Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Don't you know there are laws in any contract. You do this and I'll do this. You don't do this and you broke the contract.

[Heb 8:6
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

No doubt about it, you are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned, just like the Pharisee that you are.

There are no laws, rules or religion for those that are "In Christ". To be under the law is to be under condemnation.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" Romans 8:1.

Living by laws, rules and religion is living after the flesh.

You have misinterpreted Galatians 6:2. The "Law of Christ" is not really a law. It is the Spirit of Christ. It is all that Jesus is and what he is.

Hebrews 8:6. The more excellent ministry and the better covenant, which is based upon better promises is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Old Covenant of law and religion has been replaced by the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

1 John 4:2. The same John that said, "If we don't keep the commandments the truth is not in us" also said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8. Which one do you want to believe? John, like Peter, did not fully understand the Gospel and justification by faith. They had to learn it from Paul.

clefty

I said
You know even common sense says your an idiot. I have showed you with the Word of God and even with the revelations of Jesus Christ how wrong you are. And I do it with Gods Word.
And yet you want to argue with me. With no more than your own opinion which is contrary to Jesus. You know that is the same thing the Pharisees done with Jesus. He had the truth about God and came to share it with them. But in their arrogance, and pride they just kept trying to prove Him wrong.

1 John 2:6 Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.

Claiming you are free to keep Sabbath all the days is not living as He did...

Is EXACTLY like the Pharisees trying to ADD things to out perform those who DO HIS WILL...

Now you claim you worship Him ALL DAYS...as if golden calves pleased Him

That is pride...but there are those who would change both times and Laws...Daniel knew about you guys...

clefty

Yup...His yoke is easier BECAUSE we have faith in Him...

They were saved first from egypt and then the law was given to be kept out of gratitude...