No Works-No Salvation

clefty

I said
lolol You cant be that stupid, now what does this say?

[Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

It says when the priesthood went from an earthly mortal priest to an immortal heavenly One there was also a change of the law...so which law (notice it is singular) was changed sneaky?

Also keep in mind what the legally New High Priest said “Think not that I have come to destroy the Law”...

So which singular law was changed when the priesthood was?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It says when the priesthood went from an earthly mortal priest to an immortal heavenly One there was also a change of the law...so which law (notice it is singular) was changed sneaky?

Also keep in mind what the legally New High Priest said “Think not that I have come to destroy the Law”...

So which singular law was changed when the priesthood was?

I said
lolol Your an idiot. You just make this stuff up as you go. Are you the alter ego of Jacob????....
The old testament law(singular) was changed to the new testament law of Christ.

Jesus didn't come to abolish the old testament law He came to fulfill it. And He did fulfill it, and He has shown us how to fulfill the law also. Not you but real Christians.

I put you up some revelations of Jesus Christ on the subject. So you go read them and tell me which ones Jesus lied about.

clefty

I said
lolol Your an idiot. You just make this stuff up as you go. Are you the alter ego of Jacob????....
The old testament law(singular) was changed to the new testament law of Christ.

Jesus didn't come to abolish the old testament law He came to fulfill it. And He did fulfill it, and He has shown us how to fulfill the law also. Not you but real Christians.

I put you up some revelations of Jesus Christ on the subject. So you go read them and tell me which ones Jesus lied about.

Oh my...wrong answer...

the answer is the law of priesthood...the law that allows Him to be our High Priest...

Is why it all ends with “Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Oh my...wrong answer...

the answer is the law of priesthood...the law that allows Him to be our High Priest...

Is why it all ends with “Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”

I said
lolol It says the Priesthood being changed. Then also change the law.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I don't see how. We have to have faith, then we have to prove our faith with works. Abraham had to prove his faith. We have to prove ours.

[Jas 2:21-22, 24, 26
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? ...
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

So you believe in a faith plus works salvation. From Gotquestions.org

Question: "Is salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus works?"

Answer: This is perhaps the most important question in all of Christian theology. This question is the cause of the Reformation, the split between the Protestant churches and Catholic Church. This question is a key difference between biblical Christianity and most of the “Christian” cults. Is salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus works? Am I saved just by believing in Jesus, or do I have to believe in Jesus and do certain things?

The question of faith alone or faith plus works is made difficult by some hard-to-reconcile Bible passages. Compare Romans 3:28, 5:1 and Galatians 3:24 with James 2:24. Some see a difference between Paul (salvation is by faith alone) and James (salvation is by faith plus works). Paul dogmatically says that justification is by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9), while James appears to be saying that justification is by faith plus works. This apparent problem is answered by examining what exactly James is talking about. James is refuting the belief that a person can have faith without producing any good works (James 2:17-18). James is emphasizing the point that genuine faith in Christ will produce a changed life and good works (James 2:20-26). James is not saying that justification is by faith plus works, but rather that a person who is truly justified by faith will have good works in his/her life. If a person claims to be a believer, but has no good works in his/her life, then he/she likely does not have genuine faith in Christ (James 2:14, 17, 20, 26).

Paul says the same thing in his writings. The good fruit believers should have in their lives is listed in Galatians 5:22-23. Immediately after telling us that we are saved by faith, not works (Ephesians 2:8-9), Paul informs us that we were created to do good works (Ephesians 2:10). Paul expects just as much of a changed life as James does: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17). James and Paul do not disagree in their teaching regarding salvation. They approach the same subject from different perspectives. Paul simply emphasized that justification is by faith alone while James put emphasis on the fact that genuine faith in Christ produces good works.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So you believe in a faith plus works salvation. From Gotquestions.org

Question: "Is salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus works?"

Answer: This is perhaps the most important question in all of Christian theology. This question is the cause of the Reformation, the split between the Protestant churches and Catholic Church. This question is a key difference between biblical Christianity and most of the “Christian” cults. Is salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus works? Am I saved just by believing in Jesus, or do I have to believe in Jesus and do certain things?

The question of faith alone or faith plus works is made difficult by some hard-to-reconcile Bible passages. Compare Romans 3:28, 5:1 and Galatians 3:24 with James 2:24. Some see a difference between Paul (salvation is by faith alone) and James (salvation is by faith plus works). Paul dogmatically says that justification is by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9), while James appears to be saying that justification is by faith plus works. This apparent problem is answered by examining what exactly James is talking about. James is refuting the belief that a person can have faith without producing any good works (James 2:17-18). James is emphasizing the point that genuine faith in Christ will produce a changed life and good works (James 2:20-26). James is not saying that justification is by faith plus works, but rather that a person who is truly justified by faith will have good works in his/her life. If a person claims to be a believer, but has no good works in his/her life, then he/she likely does not have genuine faith in Christ (James 2:14, 17, 20, 26).

Paul says the same thing in his writings. The good fruit believers should have in their lives is listed in Galatians 5:22-23. Immediately after telling us that we are saved by faith, not works (Ephesians 2:8-9), Paul informs us that we were created to do good works (Ephesians 2:10). Paul expects just as much of a changed life as James does: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17). James and Paul do not disagree in their teaching regarding salvation. They approach the same subject from different perspectives. Paul simply emphasized that justification is by faith alone while James put emphasis on the fact that genuine faith in Christ produces good works.

I said
lolol Where do you get these funny books?

The bible is very clear. Even Abraham had to prove his faith with works.

[Jas 2:20-22, 24, 26
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? ...
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

clefty

I said
lolol It says the Priesthood being changed. Then also change the law.

I have asked which law was changed...

please answer...

clefty

I said
lol I have asked you what religion you are and you refuse to answer. This is a discussion board. All you do is interrogate. Please answer my question

I already have...I follow Him His way...also known as the Way...as Paul did...said copy him as he copied Christ...

Remember covenant signed by His blood and sealed by His death...NO FOLLOWING CHANGES POSSIBLE...no later additions or subtractions like your “whenever whatever”

Done deal...WWJD...do that...as He did...work six days rest the seventh...keep the Law...do His Father’s Will...

So since the priesthood was changed which law...not Law or Laws or even laws...was changed?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I already have...I follow Him His way...also known as the Way...as Paul did...said copy him as he copied Christ...

Remember covenant signed by His blood and sealed by His death...NO FOLLOWING CHANGES POSSIBLE...no later additions or subtractions like your “whenever whatever”

Done deal...WWJD...do that...as He did...work six days rest the seventh...keep the Law...do His Father’s Will...

So since the priesthood was changed which law...not Law or Laws or even laws...was changed?

I said
Your an idiot. You lie, you bear false witness. And you deny your a Christian.

[Mat 10:33
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Why do you hate Christians that worship 7 days a week instead of just one day a week?

clefty

I said
Your an idiot. You lie, you bear false witness. And you deny your a Christian.

[Mat 10:33
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Doing as He instructed and modelled is not denying Him...

It’s not squeaking LORD! LORD! but those that DO HIS WILL=KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS...here are they don’tcha know...and the faith OF His Son...NOT just IN Him...

You know His faith how He worshipped and lived and walked and asked us to follow Him...to do...if we love Him

clefty

I said
Why do you hate Christians that worship 7 days a week instead of just one day a week?

I dont hate them just remind them that Hebrews offered false worship too with that golden calf thingy...

They were so earnest about it too...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I dont hate them just remind them that Hebrews offered false worship too with that golden calf thingy...

They were so earnest about it too...

I said
lol Your an idiot. You remind them of the lolol " golden calf thingy" so you can get them to think about the old testament. That Jesus made obsolete. Your doing the work of a muslim. Is that why you don't confess being a Christian?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Circumcision is what they done to join in the old testament beliefs. And if you kept one of them you were subject to all of them. And you fall from grace.

Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
[Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

clefty

I said
lol Your an idiot. You remind them of the lolol " golden calf thingy" so you can get them to think about the old testament. That Jesus made obsolete. Your doing the work of a muslim. Is that why you don't confess being a Christian?

Old covenant is obsolete...the new covenant was taught and modelled and sign and sealed...dont add your changes to it ok?

Why you spread jewish false witness He would change customs of Moses?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Old covenant is obsolete...the new covenant was taught and modelled and sign and sealed...dont add your changes to it ok?

Why you spread jewish false witness He would change customs of Moses?

I said
There not my changes. Jesus is the one who changed the law and annulled the commandments.

[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

clefty

I said
There not my changes. Jesus is the one who changed the law and annulled the commandments.

Still adding to the word and deceiving yourself...and spread jewish false witness the customs were changed

So please answer:

Which former commandment (singular) was changed as it was weak and unprofitable?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Still adding to the word and deceiving yourself...and spread jewish false witness the customs were changed

So please answer:

Which former commandment (singular) was changed as it was weak and unprofitable?

I said
You idiot that is what the new covenant says.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

So please answer:

I said
Its obvious you don't know the new covenant. Because you reject what ever the new covenant says in favor of your own delusions.

[Act 15:24
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "[You must] be circumcised and keep the law"--to whom we gave no [such] commandment--