No Tattoos

clefty

I do not know the truth of your statement.
you don’t find His yoke easy and His burden is light?

Or you didn’t realize that the phrase in the letter to the Gentiles “you must be circumcised and keep the Law” is not in the NU texts.

Or you didn’t know what NU text means?

Well...we now have da google thingy which you can research and find:

“NU-Text
These variations from the traditional text generally represent the Alexandrian or Egyptian type of text [the oldest, but sometimes questioned text]. They are found in the Critical Text published in the Twenty-sixth edition of the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament (N) and in the United Bible Society's third edition (U), hence the acronym "NU-text." https://support.biblegateway.com/hc...otes-in-the-NJKV-New-King-James-Version-mean-

Just thought it interesting that it wasn’t included in the oldest translations...

Why do you say this (including) as James concluded?
at the Jerusalem council he as not only the brother of Christ but as the head of the Jerusalem church concluded his statements that certain things be immediately required of gentiles as it was his understanding and intention that these same gentiles would continue to hear Moses from Sabbath to Sabbath...in sum, gentiles would continue Sabbath keeping

The Sabbath, circumcision, these are commandments of God.
indeed and bravo you are correct and neither one of them saved anyone...but rather indicated those who wish to obey Him/His way as they view themselves as His people...already saved by their belief and faith...in what He worked out for them...

The Sabbath commandment is one of the Ten Commandments.
actually less of a commandment and more understood as one of the ten words or sayings which describe and declare Him and His people...think of them as how things would be if sin had not entered the world and how they will be again when all things are restored...His people do not kill, His people do not steal, His people do not fornicate etc...where He is there is no need to...

Moses is read in the synagogues each or every Sabbath from ancient generations.
right again you are...like three times in a row...a hat trick lol...that is why James the brother of Christ concluded that of course gentiles would continue to hear Moses and be pressed and convinced in the hearing by the Spirit to “do these and live”

Circumcision is a sign.
yup again...correct...what a streak...however circumcision never saved anyone...only He can...is why we should get to know and love Him and make sure He gets to know us...as we follow and obey Him His Way...and offer our fruits and works to indicate to Him(and share Him with others) and show our desire to please Him...in gratitude for what He did/does/will do for us...

I am circumcised,
no big deal...you are not saved because of it...it has always been silly to consider something done to you by others at infancy as salvific...you did nothing it was done for you...

I am of the nation of Israel.
also not salvific...

I read, study, observe, keep, and teach the Torah. I observe and teach the Torah. I keep and teach the commandments.
ok ok...got it...no need to stand on the corners to be seen by others so much...

Shalom.

Jacob
thanks...

clefty

Matthew 5:18 KJV, Matthew 23:1-3 KJV, Matthew 28:19-20 KJV

You're not doing any of it nor were you commanded to in the dispensation of the grace of God where the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested (Romans 3:21-22 KJV).

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

That righteousness being manifested now by Christ is the righteous Yah had before sin ever took place...the verse just prior speaks to this...for by law is the knowledge of sin...but now it that eternal righteousness prior sin even...is manifested by Christ as well

the law however is not without for in the same sentence Paul insists this eternal righteousness is being witnessed by the law and prophets...present tense I might add

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
you don’t find His yoke easy and His burden is light?

Or you didn’t realize that the phrase in the letter to the Gentiles “you must be circumcised and keep the Law” is not in the NU texts.

Or you didn’t know what NU text means?

Well...we now have da google thingy which you can research and find:

“NU-Text
These variations from the traditional text generally represent the Alexandrian or Egyptian type of text [the oldest, but sometimes questioned text]. They are found in the Critical Text published in the Twenty-sixth edition of the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament (N) and in the United Bible Society's third edition (U), hence the acronym "NU-text." https://support.biblegateway.com/hc...otes-in-the-NJKV-New-King-James-Version-mean-

Just thought it interesting that it wasn’t included in the oldest translations...

at the Jerusalem council he as not only the brother of Christ but as the head of the Jerusalem church concluded his statements that certain things be immediately required of gentiles as it was his understanding and intention that these same gentiles would continue to hear Moses from Sabbath to Sabbath...in sum, gentiles would continue Sabbath keeping

indeed and bravo you are correct and neither one of them saved anyone...but rather indicated those who wish to obey Him/His way as they view themselves as His people...already saved by their belief and faith...in what He worked out for them...

actually less of a commandment and more understood as one of the ten words or sayings which describe and declare Him and His people...think of them as how things would be if sin had not entered the world and how they will be again when all things are restored...His people do not kill, His people do not steal, His people do not fornicate etc...where He is there is no need to...

right again you are...like three times in a row...a hat trick lol...that is why James the brother of Christ concluded that of course gentiles would continue to hear Moses and be pressed and convinced in the hearing by the Spirit to “do these and live”

yup again...correct...what a streak...however circumcision never saved anyone...only He can...is why we should get to know and love Him and make sure He gets to know us...as we follow and obey Him His Way...and offer our fruits and works to indicate to Him(and share Him with others) and show our desire to please Him...in gratitude for what He did/does/will do for us...

no big deal...you are not saved because of it...it has always been silly to consider something done to you by others at infancy as salvific...you did nothing it was done for you...

also not salvific...

ok ok...got it...no need to stand on the corners to be seen by others so much...

thanks...

Shalom.

May you be blessed. God has given you understanding in some things. To not boast except in what Christ has done for you.

If I were not circumcised I would not be of Israel, and would not observe the feasts, etc.... So, I am glad that I was circumcised.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I do not know the truth of your statement. Why do you say this (including) as James concluded? The Sabbath, circumcision, these are commandments of God. The Sabbath commandment is one of the Ten Commandments. Moses is read in the synagogues each or every Sabbath from ancient generations. Circumcision is a sign. I am circumcised, I am of the nation of Israel. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach the Torah. I observe and teach the Torah. I keep and teach the commandments.
Have you read what Peter thinks in Acts 15:10 KJV? He says, concerning continuing to teach the law, especially to Gentiles but even to Jews, "Why tempt ye God?" Have you read where "the apostles and elders, with the whole church" (Ac15:22KJV), and the "apostles and elders and brethren" (Ac15:23KJV) say, "We have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment?" Acts 15:24 KJV

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you read what Peter thinks in Acts 15:10 KJV? He says, concerning continuing to teach the law, especially to Gentiles but even to Jews, "Why tempt ye God?" Have you read where "the apostles and elders, with the whole church" (Ac15:22KJV), and the "apostles and elders and brethren" (Ac15:23KJV) say, "We have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment?" Acts 15:24 KJV

Shalom.

No such commandment was given to them.

Shalom.

Jacob

clefty

Shalom.

May you be blessed.
thanks you too...

God has given you understanding in some thing.
HalleluYah

To not boast except in what Christ has done for you.
HalleluYah...yes all praise to Him

If I were not circumcised I would not be of Israel, and would not observe the feasts, etc.... So, I am glad that I was circumcised.

Ok...but circumcision is NOT salvific...why/how could something done to/for you at infancy determine your final destiny?

Think too, how for 40 years the hebrews wandered uncircumcised...were they still not Israel?

In fact, they were given the Law before they were circumcised...and even the Law was given to them AFTER THEY WERE SAVED...

And finally...how many were circumcised and were still lost?

Abraham was chosen, given a promise, and then FINALLY circumcised...His faith saved him first

Moses too, was not circumcised when chosen and given a divine mission...

It remains “mercy rather than sacrifice”...all this is but a shadow of good things to come...to train and discipline ourselves to Follow Him His way...

Shalom.

Jacob
May He still lead...

All this being said, it is true the GER saved from Egypt and travelling with the Hebrews had to be circumcised in order to fully partake in the Passover.

But it remained one Law for israel and the foreigner...

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
thanks you too...

HalleluYah

HalleluYah...yes all praise to I’m

Ok...but circumcision is NOT salvific...why/how could something done to/for you at infancy determine your final destiny?

Think too, how for 40 years the hebrews wandered uncircumcised...were they still not Israel?

In fact, they were given the Law before they were circumcised...and even the Law was given to them AFTER THEY WERE SAVED...

And finally how many were circumcised an der still lost?

Abraham was chosen, given a promise, and then FINALLY circumcised...His faith saved him first

Moses too, was not circumcised when chosen and given a divine mission...

It remains “mercy rather than sacrifice”...all this is but a shadow of good things to come...to train and discipline ourselves to Follow Him His way...

May He still lead...

All this being said, it is true the GER saved from Egypt and travelling with the Hebrews had to be circumcised in order to fully partake in the Passover.

But it remained one Law for israel and the foreigner...

You may see that you have some typos, or I do not understand all that you have communicated. There are different things that you have said that reflect different messages at different times, understood by you or others, false or not. Verify all that you have said by Scripture.

I am of Israel, an Israelite. I am a Jew. I am both a proselyte and a convert.

You are not required to observe the whole law, the entire law, in order to be saved. The Law does not save you. Jesus does. But Jesus did teach us to keep and teach the commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Breathe

Interesting conundrum....according to the OP, God believes my one tattoo is evil, yet it is a tattoo illustrating that my faith in Christ has set me free. View attachment 26082
edit: and appears to have flipped itself in the posting process.....:chuckle:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Interesting conundrum....according to the OP, God believes my one tattoo is evil, yet it is a tattoo illustrating that my faith in Christ has set me free. View attachment 26082
edit: and appears to have flipped itself in the posting process.....:chuckle:

I recommend getting the tattoo removed. It is a sin to get a tattoo, whatever the tattoo is, because tattoos are against God's Law.

Breathe

I recommend getting the tattoo removed. It is a sin to get a tattoo, whatever the tattoo is, because tattoos are against God's Law.
What about medical tattoos? I have one in my colon, put there to mark the removal of an abnormality, so the area could be checked at a later date for signs of regrowth. It is literally a tattoo - not a pretty picture, but a tattoo, nonetheless. Impossible to have it removed, but still a forbidden mark.

(And no, I will not be having my tattoo removed - every time I look at it, I am reminded of how Jesus has gotten me through the worst times of my life.)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So isn't that you?

There is no greater burden than the four essentials you find mentioned there in Acts 15.

But I have also become a part of the nation of Israel. I observe the commandments of the Torah in observance of Jesus' instruction to keep and teach the commandments.

I do not know at what age I was circumcised, nor do I know how many times. But I am circumcised, and called among the people of Israel.

The Law and the commandments are not burdensome. But the Gentiles who had turned to God from among the Gentiles were required to observe no greater burden than these four. Because circumcision and keeping the law of Moses were recognized for the burden that they were to these, by those who knew the law themselves.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What about medical tattoos? I have one in my colon, put there to mark the removal of an abnormality, so the area could be checked at a later date for signs of regrowth. It is literally a tattoo - not a pretty picture, but a tattoo, nonetheless. Impossible to have it removed, but still a forbidden mark.

(And no, I will not be having my tattoo removed - every time I look at it, I am reminded of how Jesus has gotten me through the worst times of my life.)

You do not need or have to swear to me about what you will not do, when doing so would be a good thing. I do not know what you are talking about with a medical tattoo, but you should not have any tattoos as they are against the law.