No Tattoos

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Interesting thoughts.

I do not know how to answer your question. Who has the mind of Christ?

Shalom.

Jacob
Matthew through Revelation indicates to me that Christ Himself has a mind, so that's One. Also, Paul says he also has the mind of Christ, and he also said others also have the mind of Christ too. I don't know who else Paul was talking about.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Matthew through Revelation indicates to me that Christ Himself has a mind, so that's One. Also, Paul says he also has the mind of Christ, and he also said others also have the mind of Christ too. I don't know who else Paul was talking about.

I have to disagree with you from your first sentence.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Can you explain? Do you think Christ has the mind of God, and so therefore not His own mind? How do you disagree that Christ has the mind of Christ?

I do not know how to explain. I believe that a person can potentially say that they have the mind of Christ. This does not mean that Christ has the mind of Christ. For the mind of Christ when mentioned in Scripture was others having the mind of Christ, not about Christ having His own mind or something else like that. I do not know what you mean by the mind of God. It sounds like you have a fascination with the word mind.

Shalom.

Jacob

2003cobra

God has said that He does not want anyone to get a tattoo.

Actually, if you will check the context of the quotes in your opening post, you will find the laws are not given to anyone and everyone.

Lev 19:
1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: ‘Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy...

If you choose to obey the 616 laws, laws which believers of Gentile origin are not required to follow (as noted by the one who posted Acts 15), then you should observe them all.

Do you attach the blue tassels to your clothes and do no work from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday?

clefty

Actually, if you will check the context of the quotes in your opening post, you will find the laws are not given to anyone and everyone.

Lev 19:
1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: ‘Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy...

If you choose to obey the 616 laws, laws which believers of Gentile origin are not required to follow (as noted by the one who posted Acts 15), then you should observe them all.

Do you attach the blue tassels to your clothes and do no work from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday?

Only four requirements listed in Acts 15?...so we can false witness, covet, steal, kill and commit adultery?

Does explain a lot to be honest...

2003cobra

Only four requirements listed in Acts 15?...so we can false witness, covet, steal, kill and commit adultery?

Does explain a lot to be honest...

Jesus gave a new commandment, that we love one another.

That eliminates the options of false witness, coveting, stealing, and adultery.

It is silent on tattoos, keeping the Sabbath, eating shrimp, wearing blue tassels on your garments, leaving the land untouched every seventh year, and so many other things.

Ok, I answered your question. You haven’t answered mine. Go look in your closet: do all your clothes have blue tassels? Do you abstain from all work from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown? Do you camp out every year at the festival of booths?

clefty

Jesus gave a new commandment, that we love one another.

Love one another? Even pagans do that...He said love Yah first which includes obedience to Him to distinguish that love from other worldly love...

That eliminates the options of false witness, coveting, stealing, and adultery.
and more but you as most christians keep it to only four requirements I imagine...

It is silent on tattoos, keeping the Sabbath, eating shrimp, wearing blue tassels on your garments, leaving the land untouched every seventh year, and so many other things.
you aren't loving Him then nor others as He loved you...as He loved you by giving those to you...His people

Acts 15 maintains the law as indicated by two direct references to kosher laws...no strangulation no blood

James concludes that the gentiles will continue to hear the Torah read every Sabbath...so our love for each other includes a seventh day of rest...

He knew the conviction of the Spirit would gradually restore them into a peculiar people not of this world full of faith...faith OF Him...His faith...with includes works...that works...

Even in biology a grafted branch must bare similar fruit to the stalk...cant graft an orange branch to an apple tree...

2003cobra

Acts 15 maintains the restrictions on blood (strangulation is a restriction on blood, since it means bleeding out the slaughtered animal is how it is killed) for a very practical reason:
Jews were so trained against eating blood that Gentiles eating blood would have been an impediment to fellowship between Jewish and Gentile believers.

You are also wrong about biology.
https://www.fruitsaladtrees.com/collections/stone-fruit/5-fruit-tree

But the fruit of the Spirit have nothing to do with dietary restrictions:
Gal 5 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 2Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

I will also ask you to check your closet. Do all your garments have blue tassels?

And I will ask Peter’s question from Acts 15: “Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Lev 19:

Seven white and one blue, yes. I wear a tallit katan with tzit-tzit. Why do you say 616 laws? Jews observe Torah which has 613 commandments. The four commandments that you refer to are for all people. Non-believers, people who have not turned to God from among the Gentiles, do not observe them.

2003cobra

If you keep all the laws, whether there are 616 or 613, that is good for you — as long as obeying those laws do not cause you to be arrested.

A married man whose married brother dies childless is obligated under the law to marry his widowed sister-in-law. That could result in a bigamy charge.

However, your proclaiming Gentile believers are obligated to follow the Law of Moses violates the decisions of the Apostles in Acts 15, decisions authorized by Jesus Christ.

And I will ask Peter’s question from Acts 15: “Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you keep all the laws, whether there are 616 or 613, that is good for you — as long as obeying those laws do not cause you to be arrested.

A married man whose married brother dies childless is obligated under the law to marry his widowed sister-in-law. That could result in a bigamy charge.

However, your proclaiming Gentile believers are obligated to follow the Law of Moses violates the decisions of the Apostles in Acts 15, decisions authorized by Jesus Christ.

Believers who have turned to God from among the Gentiles are required to observe no greater burden than four commandments which you can see in Acts 15. This does not change the Law.

For a man who dies childless his brother would raise up seed for him.

clefty

Acts 15 maintains the restrictions on blood (strangulation is a restriction on blood, since it means bleeding out the slaughtered animal is how it is killed) for a very practical reason:
Jews were so trained against eating blood that Gentiles eating blood would have been an impediment to fellowship between Jewish and Gentile believers.

Yup...the gentiles were to change and adapt to the Laws...just as in the OT

Food to idols: Leviticus 17:8-9 "Say to them: 'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice and does not bring it to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting to sacrifice it to the LORD--that man must be cut off from his people.'

Leviticus 18:6-26 lists a wide range of sexually immoral activities and ends with, "The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things,"

Meat must be properly killed...Leviticus 17:13,15 "Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth, Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean."

And of course abstain from blood...Leviticus 17:10 "Any Israelite or any alien living among them who eats any blood--I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people."

So again it is the gentiles that much change their ways...

Do you think you can kill a pig in the Levitical manner and drain its blood and have it become clean meat to eat?

Even the dietary laws remained...and the feasts were kept long after the cross supposedly abolished them

In Acts 15 James knew hearing Moses every Sabbath would continue to convince the beleiving and faithful gentiles to follow after the Spirit into continued Law keeping

We are to be citizens of Israel and follow its Yah given traditions...not changing jots and tittles to conform to our own comfort...

Your link actually proves my point...we must be more like Him His way and how He lived and keep the faith He kept...His family/genome

Not bare fruits or do works that do not resemble His...

Things like Sunday keeping and ham eating are outside His family ya dig?

Learn from Nature...

Peaches, plums and apricots, together with almonds, belong to the same genus, Prunus, in the same family, Rosacease. They all have exactly the same type of fruit, called a drupe. At the center is a single seed, generally like the familiar almond. Outside that is a fibrous to stony covering (endocarp) for the seed, then the flesh, (mesocarp) edible in the familiar fruit but tough and leathery in almond. They can all be successfully grafted onto each other and become permanent branches, fruiting as long as the tree lives. They cannot be grafted onto non-drupe fruit trees even in the same family. https://www.quora.com/Botany-Can-yo...he-same-tree-Will-it-fruit-more-than-one-year

More:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/can-graft-different-types-fruit-trees-together-60466.html

So here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua...

Follow me...He instructed...

But the fruit of the Spirit have nothing to do with dietary restrictions:
Gal 5 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 2Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
a pious muslim or Buddhist has all these fruits too...but the Spirit guides us to live unlike pious muslims or Buddhists...right?

I will also ask you to check your closet. Do all your garments have blue tassels?
actually its usually a blue thread not the whole tassel is blue...

The Law is a delight..."do this and live"...

the yoke Peter was referring to was keeping the laws in order to be saved... not the law itself...

The ancestors certainly failed...all circumcised and most lost anyway...all those animal sacrifices saved no one...in this life or for the next...

obviously it wasn't about keeping the law in order to be saved...

But rather mercy than sacrifice...

However keeping the house rules certainly testifies Whose House you wish to live in...

Just like the yoke you wear...His? Reveals to whom you belong and work for...

2003cobra

Yup...the gentiles were to change and adapt to the Laws...just as in the OT

Food to idols: Leviticus 17:8-9 "Say to them: 'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice and does not bring it to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting to sacrifice it to the LORD--that man must be cut off from his people.'

Leviticus 18:6-26 lists a wide range of sexually immoral activities and ends with, "The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things,"

Meat must be properly killed...Leviticus 17:13,15 "Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth, Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean."

And of course abstain from blood...Leviticus 17:10 "Any Israelite or any alien living among them who eats any blood--I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people."

So again it is the gentiles that much change their ways...

Do you think you can kill a pig in the Levitical manner and drain its blood and have it become clean meat to eat?

As a believer of Gentile origin, all meat is clean to me.

Mark 7:18 He said to them, "Then do you also fail to understand? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile, 19 since it enters, not the heart but the stomach, and goes out into the sewer?" (Thus he declared all foods clean.)

As for the laws you quoted, I am not an alien living in the land of Israel. So these do not apply to me.

Even the dietary laws remained...and the feasts were kept long after the cross supposedly abolished them

In Acts 15 James knew hearing Moses every Sabbath would continue to convince the beleiving and faithful gentiles to follow after the Spirit into continued Law keeping
No, your personal philosophy and interpretation about this is not supported in scripture or church history.
We are to be citizens of Israel and follow its Yah given traditions...not changing jots and tittles to conform to our own comfort...

Your link actually proves my point...we must be more like Him His way and how He lived and keep the faith He kept...His family/genome

Not bare fruits or do works that do not resemble His...

Things like Sunday keeping and ham eating are outside His family ya dig?
No, Jesus declared all food clean and I follow Him.
Learn from Nature...

Peaches, plums and apricots, together with almonds, belong to the same genus, Prunus, in the same family, Rosacease. They all have exactly the same type of fruit, called a drupe. At the center is a single seed, generally like the familiar almond. Outside that is a fibrous to stony covering (endocarp) for the seed, then the flesh, (mesocarp) edible in the familiar fruit but tough and leathery in almond. They can all be successfully grafted onto each other and become permanent branches, fruiting as long as the tree lives. They cannot be grafted onto non-drupe fruit trees even in the same family. https://www.quora.com/Botany-Can-yo...he-same-tree-Will-it-fruit-more-than-one-year

More:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/can-graft-different-types-fruit-trees-together-60466.html

So here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua...

Follow me...He instructed...

a pious muslim or Buddhist has all these fruits too...but the Spirit guides us to live unlike pious muslims or Buddhists...right?

actually its usually a blue thread not the whole tassel is blue...

the yoke Peter was referring to was keeping the laws in order to be saved... not the law itself...

The ancestors certainly failed...all circumcised and most lost anyway...all those animal sacrifices saved no one...in this life or for the next...

However keeping the house rules certainly testifies Whose House you wish to live in...

If you want to put the burden of the Law on your neck and reject the freedom we have as believers of Gentile origin, then that is your decision.

Romans 14 tells us it is the weak in faith who restricts himself in this way:

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand...Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister ? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11It is written: “ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ” 12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. 13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval. 19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall. 22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

iouae

Well said.

In Jesus we ARE SPECIAL. I don't need to walk around with a tattoo, an ear piercing and pink hair to feel special.

2003cobra

Well said.

In Jesus we ARE SPECIAL. I don't need to walk around with a tattoo, an ear piercing and pink hair to feel special.

Are you aware that the patriarch Abraham gave his future daughter-in-law a nose ring?

Man looks on the outward appearance. God looks on the heart. We should strive to follow God’s example.