No Tattoos

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
There is no greater burden than the four essentials you find mentioned there in Acts 15.
It's worth noting that today only sexual immorality remains an issue of those four things. I think that speaks to the great success of the Church over the intervening centuries wrt paganisms.
The Law and the commandments are not burdensome.
What are your thoughts on Peter's words, where he calls the Law and the commandments "a yoke upon the neck," "which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" Acts 15:10 KJV

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's worth noting that today only sexual immorality remains an issue of those four things. I think that speaks to the great success of the Church over the intervening centuries wrt paganisms.
What are your thoughts on Peter's words, where he calls the Law and the commandments "a yoke upon the neck," "which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" Acts 15:10 KJV

I do not think that he is speaking to the fact that the people chose to break the law and the covenant, but that observing all of the law is quite a lot to do, especially if it is seen as a burden.

I have nothing to do with the church you are talking about, and you do not have to either.

I am sad to hear that sexual immorality is still an issue to you and to people in the world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Church are all the people, like you, who believe that the Lord Jesus is risen from the dead.
It's a tough nut to crack.

You said you are not a Catholic and if you are I have nothing to do with your Church.

You recognize sin when you see it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

That righteousness being manifested now by Christ is the righteous Yah had before sin ever took place...the verse just prior speaks to this...for by law is the knowledge of sin...but now it that eternal righteousness prior sin even...is manifested by Christ as well

the law however is not without for in the same sentence Paul insists this eternal righteousness is being witnessed by the law and prophets...present tense I might add
It's a "but now" truth revealed to and through Paul from the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ. It stands in contrast to those of Israel having to work righteousness...(keep the commandments). We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

clefty

You may see that you have some typos,or I do not understand all that you have communicated. There are different things that you have said that reflect different messages at different times, understood by you or others, false or not. Verify all that you have said by Scripture.

I am of Israel, an Israelite. I am a Jew. I am both a proselyte and a convert.

You are not required to observe the whole law, the entire law, in order to be saved. The Law does not save you. Jesus does. But Jesus did teach us to keep and teach the commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Yes thanks...was in passenger seat of a car on a long road trip...

Made some corrections...

clefty

There is no greater burden than the four essentials you find mentioned there in Acts 15.

But I have also become a part of the nation of Israel. I observe the commandments of the Torah in observance of Jesus' instruction to keep and teach the commandments.

I do not know at what age I was circumcised, nor do I know how many times. But I am circumcised, and called among the people of Israel.

The Law and the commandments are not burdensome. But the Gentiles who had turned to God from among the Gentiles were required to observe no greater burden than these four. Because circumcision and keeping the law of Moses were recognized for the burden that they were to these, by those who knew the law themselves.

Shalom.

Jacob

Food offered to idols reveals the 2nd commandment’s prohibition to “not make images of anything” “lest ye corrupt yourselves” was still binding...this was troubling for the gentiles as much of their former culture was image saturated and many were artisans and craftsmen in the idol making trade...

2 of the 4 were regarding the dietary regulations...so the distinction between clean and unclean meats still applies...one cannot properly kill a pig and make it clean to eat nor drain a dog of all its blood and make it acceptable food...

Finally James the brother of Christ and head of the Jerusalem church expected gentiles to keep crowding the synagogues to hear Moses read to them every Sabbath...

No surprise that both Peter and Paul repeatedly warned of wolves in sheep’s clothing and false teachers. History reveals how quickly the church rejected Sabbath keeping and the dietary regulations and embraced ikons

Also not surprising it was the jews themselves who first attempted to slander Paul and silence him with false witnesses claiming he spoke against the law or that the law was changed...Acts 6:13

Sadly Christians are still doing that...

Last edited:

clefty

I recommend getting the tattoo removed. It is a sin to get a tattoo, whatever the tattoo is, because tattoos are against God's Law.

This reminds me of the golden calf incident...they really thought they were celebrating or worshiping Yah...Aaron even attempted to affirm it with a proclamation “tomorrow is a feast to Yah”

The calf however was not the god that brought them out of bondage...

I often use the tattoo to demonstrate what Yahushua meant when He taught it is not what goes into you but what already is in you that is unclean...

It’s not the needle entering the skin that makes one unclean...its the fact one plans it out...picks a design or image and where to put it and then choose the artist who will ink you up...all that reveals what is in your heart...

That being said...people are deceived and not aware and true forgiveness remains...the tattoo then is an ikon of regret to the time of deception...may Yah wink at such ignorance Acts 17:30

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes thanks...was in passenger seat of a car on a long road trip...

Made some corrections...

Food offered to idols reveals the 2nd commandment’s prohibition to “not make images of anything” “lest ye corrupt yourselves” was still binding...this was troubling for the gentiles as much of their former culture was image saturated and many were artisans and craftsmen in the idol making trade...

2 of the 4 were regarding the dietary regulations...so the distinction between clean and unclean meats still applies...one cannot properly kill a pig and make it clean to eat nor drain a dog of all its blood and make it acceptable food...

Finally James the brother of Christ and head of the Jerusalem church expected gentiles to keep crowding the synagogues to hear Moses read to them every Sabbath...

No surprise that both Peter and Paul repeatedly warned of wolves in sheep’s clothing and false teachers. History reveals how quickly the church rejected Sabbath keeping and the dietary regulations and embraced ikons

Also not surprising it was the jews themselves who first attempted to slander Paul and silence him with false witnesses claiming he spoke against the law or that the law was changed...Acts 6:13

Sadly Christians are still doing that...

This reminds me of the golden calf incident...they really thought they were celebrating or worshiping Yah...Aaron even attempted to affirm it with a proclamation “tomorrow is a feast to Yah”

The calf however was not the god that brought them out of bondage...

I often use the tattoo to demonstrate what Yahushua meant when He taught it is not what goes into you but what already is in you that is unclean...

It’s not the needle entering the skin that makes one unclean...its the fact one plans it out...picks a design or image and where to put it and then choose the artist who will ink you up...all that reveals what is in your heart...

That being said...people are deceived and not aware and true forgiveness remains...the tattoo then is an ikon of regret to the time of deception...may Yah wink at such ignorance Acts 17:30

Shalom.

May God refine your understanding.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
But dispensing horrible advise...replacing art with a tattoo to scream "notice me" less is not helping...a tattoo is a one time mistake that lasts...a painting however is a daily choice to make images a priority and value...

Make no image...worship none made...

Ok, I guess I misunderstood him.

thanks.