No Tattoos

clefty

Well said.

In Jesus we ARE SPECIAL. I don't need to walk around with a tattoo, an ear piercing and pink hair to feel special.

The irony is that so many people actually do eat and drink unhealthing things poisoning their bodies and/or even alter it with tattoos or piercings or branding or implants or plastic surgery or...just for kicks and attention but when it comes to circumcision OH NOOOOOOO.....lol

People will endure much pain for vanity but when it comes to distinguishing themselves as His people they will twist deny and/or distort as much as possible of scripture to avoid and reject it...

Head coverings for the women too...woman color bleach cut style use extensions wigs all manner of effort to express themselves but to merely cover...nope much too extreme lol

clefty

As a believer of Gentile origin, all meat is clean to me.
yeah? How about human flesh? And why not? (I assume you dont...a wild guess)

Mark 7:18 He said to them, "Then do you also fail to understand? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile, 19 since it enters, not the heart but the stomach, and goes out into the sewer?" (Thus he declared all foods clean.)

Oh boy...really? You read this issue of eating with unwashed hands as it allows you to eat pig...dog...snake?...humans?

Wait wut?! humans aint food?

As for the laws you quoted, I am not an alien living in the land of Israel. So these do not apply to me.
right...you are not an alien...stop living as one...you are Israel...

No, your personal philosophy and interpretation about this is not supported in scripture
sure it is... even Peter kept kosher refusing to eat unclean animals...the vision remember?

or church history.
fuh fuh fuh...not interested in muh religion mmmmkay? It got lots wrong...

No, Jesus declared all food clean and I follow Him.
no and no and...no...

To a pious jew "all food clean" would not include pig...just as "all meat" would not include human flesh with you...(again risking a quess as to your taste in flesh)

As for following Him...He never had pig...certainly not Sunday Ham...or for Christmas...

If you want to put the burden of the Law on your neck and reject the freedom we have as believers of Gentile origin, then that is your decision.
actually recommended as His yoke is easy and light...He does that...sad you see that as freedom to "do what thou wilt"...

Romans 14 tells us it is the weak in faith who restricts himself in this way:

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand...Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister ? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11It is written: “ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ” 12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. 13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval. 19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall. 22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Again...clean and unclean do not mean in accordance to diet but to its ceremonial use...Paul would not consider pig dog or snake meat for food...everything which is already considered food is either ceremonially clean or unclean...is why nothing considered food is of itself unclean to eat but is made unclean ceremonially...as by offering clean food to an abominable idol...now that clean food is unclean to eat...

So eat to be mindful of causing others to stumble...this is His house His table and food...

You destroy the work of Yah for to eat da bacon...understandable as I hear it is sooo good...addictive even...

2003cobra

yeah? How about human flesh? And why not? (I assume you dont...a wild guess)

[/i]

Oh boy...really? You read this issue of eating with unwashed hands as it allows you to eat pig...dog...snake?...humans?

Wait wut?! humans aint food?

right...you are not an alien...stop living as one...you are Israel...

sure it is... even Peter kept kosher refusing to eat unclean animals...the vision remember?

fuh fuh fuh...not interested in muh religion mmmmkay? It got lots wrong...

no and no and...no...

To a pious jew "all food clean" would not include pig...just as "all meat" would not include human flesh with you...(again risking a quess as to your taste in flesh)

As for following Him...He never had pig...certainly not Sunday Ham...or for Christmas...

actually recommended as His yoke is easy and light...He does that...sad you see that as freedom to "do what thou wilt"...

Again...clean and unclean do not mean in accordance to diet but to its ceremonial use...Paul would not consider pig dog or snake meat for food...everything which is already considered food is either ceremonially clean or unclean...is why nothing considered food is of itself unclean to eat but is made unclean ceremonially...as by offering clean food to an abominable idol...now that clean food is unclean to eat...

So eat to be mindful of causing others to stumble...this is His house His table and food...

You destroy the work of Yah for to eat da bacon...understandable as I hear it is sooo good...addictive even...

Paul was not a believer of Gentile origin, and Paul was clear in his letter to believers of Gentile origin that all food was clean, You are free to ignore his instructions to Corinth, if you don’t acknowledge the validity of his instructions.

If you want to eat humans instead of starving, join those rugby players in the mountains of South America. Neither I nor Paul will condemn you.

As Jesus pointed out, David was not condemned for eating food only typically available to priests.

heir

TOL Subscriber
VAYIKRA/LEVITICUS 19:28

You shall not make a cut in your flesh for the dead, and a tattoo shall you not place upon yourselves -- I am HASHEM.​

Leviticus 19:28 KJV - 28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I [am] the LORD.

Leviticus 19:28 NKJV - 28 'You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I [am] the LORD.

Leviticus 19:28 NASB - 28 'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.
Leave it to Jacob to try and put us all under the law. SMH

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am a Jew, of Israel, a proselyte and a convert. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach the Torah (God's Law). I observe and teach the Torah as Jesus did. I keep and teach the commandments as He instructed me to. None of the commandments have been annulled, according to Him (-none should).

Shalom.

Jacob
You aren't any of the above, don't keep the law and were never commanded to and aren't obligated to keep any ordinances. LMHO

clefty

Paul was not a believer of Gentile origin, and Paul was clear in his letter to believers of Gentile origin that all food was clean, You are free to ignore his instructions to Corinth, if you don’t acknowledge the validity of his instructions.

Witnessing your use of scripture...Paul...has been typical as is your rebellion for FREEEEDOM!...

Some of us are grateful we remain His slaves and are our brother's keeper...

If you want to eat humans instead of starving, join those rugby players in the mountains of South America. Neither I nor Paul will condemn you.
I dont want to eat humans...I wish to keep my temple clean...you on the other hand are on this "do what thou wilt" thingy...

As Jesus pointed out, David was not condemned for eating food only typically available to priests.

Oh my...you really are reaching for straws...David eating the bread had nothing to do with being able to eat pig...or your FREEEDOM...

It was about comparing the authority of kingship to the law...David was anointed...as was Yahushua...hmmmm so they both could have eaten pig...but didnt...hmmm...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Leave it to Jacob to try and put us all under the law. SMH
It is my believe that you should live your life to the glory of God.
You aren't any of the above, don't keep the law and were never commanded to and aren't obligated to keep any ordinances. LMHO
I do keep the law. I would like to wear tefillin. I believe that I have at some point in my life.

Shalom.

Jacob

2003cobra

Jacob,
I encourage you to read Romans 14.

I think you are well intentioned but confused and that passage may help you.

iouae

As the OP shows, God forbade tattoos. He also forbade fraternising with demons, wearing garments of wool and cotton, eating unclean animals etc. I presume we ignore these laws at our own peril, especially the ones we can keep, such as not getting tattoos and not going to seances etc.

Beside that, if you like art, get a wall and a painting. It does not scream "notice me please" quite as much.
How much beautiful skin I have seen ruined by cave art.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As the OP shows, God forbade tattoos. He also forbade fraternising with demons, wearing garments of wool and cotton, eating unclean animals etc. I presume we ignore these laws at our own peril, especially the ones we can keep, such as not getting tattoos and not going to seances etc.

Beside that, if you like art, get a wall and a painting. It does not scream "notice me please" quite as much.
How much beautiful skin I have seen ruined by cave art.

I am not sure what you mean. I think you are instructing me about something better than breaking God's Law. I do not think that way. Except that we should observe God's Law, keep it, obey it. I am saying that I do not substitute something that is different from breaking God's Law and justify doing it because it is better or might answer a question about a subject some relate to breaking God's Law but which it really then being used as a substitute since it is really something people do that is falling under a category that the sin falls under. If any art is sin then art is sin. If art is not sin, it is not a substitute for a sin some consider to be art. Do not do with your art what God has commanded you not to do. It may be a prop to get around something that is not of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am not sure what you mean. I think you are instructing me about something better than breaking God's Law. I do not think that way. Except that we should observe God's Law, keep it, obey it. I am saying that I do not substitute something that is different from breaking God's Law and justify doing it because it is better or might answer a question about a subject some relate to breaking God's Law but which it really then being used as a substitute since it is really something people do that is falling under a category that the sin falls under. If any art is sin then art is sin. If art is not sin, it is not a substitute for a sin some consider to be art. Do not do with your art what God has commanded you not to do. It may be a prop to get around something that is not of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob,

iouae is agreeing with you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is my believe that you should live your life to the glory of God.
Those of us who have trusted Christ believing Paul's gospel are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. We were never under the law or the keeping of ordinances. They were against us and contrary to us. We are saved and serve the Lord, but it has nothing to do with keeping the law.

I do keep the law.
No you don't and every time you say you do, you call God a liar.

clefty

Jacob,

iouae is agreeing with you.

But dispensing horrible advise...replacing art with a tattoo to scream "notice me" less is not helping...a tattoo is a one time mistake that lasts...a painting however is a daily choice to make images a priority and value...

Make no image...worship none made...

2003cobra

Romans 14 does not justify tattoos in any way shape or form.

You think it only applies to telling you not to condemn others for eating any meat and for not keeping the Sabbath? You don’t see the general principle, the continuing implementation and direction of Acts 15?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Those of us who have trusted Christ believing Paul's gospel are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. We were never under the law or the keeping of ordinances. They were against us and contrary to us. We are saved and serve the Lord, but it has nothing to do with keeping the law.

No you don't and every time you say you do, you call God a liar.

You are incorrect. If Jesus told you to keep and teach the commandments is it possible for you to keep them? Yes.