ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Translation: Christ did not die for our sins.

Once again, this perverter of the gospel of Christ is exposed.

Quit stealing others' mail, you vile perverter.

You have confessed all of your sins, have you, Endora?

Save it-it's a rhetorical q-you commit sins, that you don't even know that you are committing, and can't confess the sins you committed 7 days ago, much less 7, 70 years ago.

Had any bad thoughts today?

If Jesus Christ is not my High Priest, and is not sitting in heaven to intercede and give me access to God Almighty, and has not promised me He IS faithful and just to forgive me of all my sins . . . you would be right.

But you are wrong.

I John 1:8-2:2

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That those before Christ had to believe He would come and die for us BC is an oversimplification.

So what was their content of faith then?

God's promise of the Messiah.

True, saving faith, is premised upon assent to divine proposition revealed in the Holy Word of God = The Gospel

(See my sig)

glorydaz

Give the scripture that says Mary gave consent first before she was told she would be with child.

He gave it, but you're too prideful to read it. Read it and weep.

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.​

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
God was not only sovereign over the womb of Mary, but He is sovereign over her heart.

Of course she consented to the will of God . . .

God does not NEED our consent nor our professions of faith; rather He GIFTS both to those He chooses to bless, like Mary.
If Mary had said, "NO," would the Holy Spirit gone ahead and impregnated her anyway?

God's Truth

He gave it, but you're too prideful to read it. Read it and weep.

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.​

That is not giving God permission.

Mary wouldn't even have been chosen if she was not already a servant to God.

How does anyone get that God would even chose anyone for anything unless they are obedient?

glorydaz

God was not only sovereign over the womb of Mary, but He is sovereign over her heart.

Of course she consented to the will of God . . .

God does not NEED our consent nor our professions of faith; rather He GIFTS both to those He chooses to bless, like Mary.

He blesses those who believe. He doesn't gift them with belief because He chooses to bless them.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

glorydaz

That is not giving God permission.

I'm surprised you can even say that with a straight face. :dunce:

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.​

That is giving permission in a level higher than the 5th grade level you're accustomed to using.

God's Truth

I'm surprised you can even say that with a straight face. :dunce:

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.​

That is giving permission in a level higher than the 5th grade level you're accustomed to using.

What is unbelievable is that you see nothing wrong with giving God permission.

Mary says she is God's servant, and may the great thing she was told happen.

How does anyone get that Mary gave God permission? I can't even hardly stomach the thought of what you say.

"Okay, I will allow it". Get real.

john w

Hall of Fame
If Jesus Christ is not my High Priest, and is not sitting in heaven to intercede and give me access to God Almighty, and has not promised me He IS faithful and just to forgive me of all my sins . . . you would be right.

But you are wrong.

I John 1:8-2:2

There you go, TOL audience, further delineiating the difference between one who studies, intently, the details of this great book, the great, humble, saint(memorize that) John W., and one who studies what others say the bible teaches, and her "the" church "Statement Of Faith"(SOF), namely, Nag.

No, absolutely clueless Nag, as only sinners, need a High Priest. Believers have an advocate, not High Priest. Of course, since you are lost, you do need a High Priest.

Study it out, and quit embarrassing yourself, by taking me on, "uno a uno," which results in you slumped, bloodied, on the mat, in the middle of the ring, as the crowd jeers you.

Read it-talking to believers-"my little children"-"we"(including the writer John)-transdispensational principle...

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Details...."connecting the dots"....

John 13:33 KJV

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

The writer? John, to whom the Lord Jesus Christ gave charge of His mother, per John 19:25-28 KJV.

="little children"=a term of affection, employed by the Lord Jesus Christ, including "the little flock"-Luke 12:32 KJV,...

Mt. 12 KJV

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Thus, John "takes hold," "adopts" the Lord's spiritual family, the "born again" little children....

1 Peter 1 KJV

3 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Again...1 John 2:1 KJV

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

A parent first teaches his child to "sin not."

These are not lost people, sinners, for...

...we have an advocate with the Father,...

It does not say "High Priest"-it says "advocate."

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate. The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children, whether it be the believing remnant, the little flock, of the nation Israel, or the boc.

Members of the boc haved access, are reconciled, having no need for a High Priest, having access..

Romans 5:2 KJV By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ephesians 2:18 KJV For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Ephesians 3:12 KJV In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

No need for this....

Hebrews 2:17 KJV Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 9:25 KJV Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

Read it-the High Priest(year after year, before the Saviour came), made "reconciliation for the sins of the people."

The Lord Jesus Christ, with/in finality, took care of the sin/sins issue. Believers should assert, as I do to you:

What sin/sins?

Christ died for them..........................every last one of them.

Now, who is exalting the Saviour, glorifying the LORD God, the Lord Jesus Christ-me, or gainsayers, such as yourself, that assert the sin/sins issue remains? Rhetorical q.

QED.

Let the applause, admiration, commence...

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There you go, TOL audience, further delineiating the difference between one who studies, intently, the details of this great book, the great, humble, saint(memorize that) John W., and one who studies what others say the bible teaches, and her "the" church "Statement Of Faith"(SOF), namely, Nag.

No, absolutely clueless Nag, as only sinners, need a High Priest. Believers have an advocate, not High Priest. Of course, since you are lost, you do need a High Priest.

Study it out, and quit embarrassing yourself, by taking me on, "uno a uno," which results in you slumped, bloodied, on the mat, in the middle of the ring, as the crowd jeers you.

Read it-talking to believers-"my little children"-"we"(including the writer John)-transdispensational principle...

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Details...."connecting the dots"....

John 13:33 KJV

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

The writer? John, to whom the Lord Jesus Christ gave charge of His mother, per John 19:25-28 KJV.

="little children"=a term of affection, employed by the Lord Jesus Christ, including "the little flock"-Luke 12:32 KJV,...

Mt. 12 KJV

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Thus, John "takes hold," "adopts" the Lord's spiritual family, the "born again" little children....

1 Peter 1 KJV

3 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Again...1 John 2:1 KJV

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

A parent first teaches his child to "sin not."

These are not lost people, sinners, for...

...we have an advocate with the Father,...

It does not say "High Priest"-it says "advocate."

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate. The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children, whether it be the believing remnant, the little flock, of the nation Israel, or the boc.

QED.

Let the applause, admiration, commence...

Must be margarita hour out there . . .

glorydaz

Not a single son of Adam (sinner) would EVER believe in God, unless and until God FIRST gifted them with faith to believe and granted them repentance.

None . . .

Romans 3:19

Nonsense and that verse doesn't say it. You're confusing the Gift of the Spirit with our believing unto salvation. We access the grace of God through faith in order to receive the gift of salvation. That's why believing is what saves us. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

This is really quite simple...if you don't get hung up on your doctrine.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Nonsense and that verse doesn't say it. You're confusing the Gift of the Spirit with our believing unto salvation. We access the grace of God through faith in order to receive the gift of salvation. That's why believing is what saves us. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

This is really quite simple...if you don't get hung up on your doctrine.

You're a Calminian

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

What is unbelievable is that you see nothing wrong with giving God permission.

Mary says she is God's servant, and may the great thing she was told happen.

How does anyone get that Mary gave God permission? I can't even hardly stomach the thought of what you say.

"Okay, I will allow it". Get real.

I can hardly stomach the idea of God impregnating a woman against her will. You're accusing God of rape.:jawdrop:

I guess you think God demands man repent and believe while knowing they are unable to do so...like Nang does. Excuse me while I take a laughing break.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If people want to think that God chose them based upon His foreknowledge of their willingness to accept Him, that's ok with me. Even tho they don't see it as man taking the first step in saving himself I can live with them thinking this because, ultimately God foreknew their faith because God enabled their faith.

glorydaz

If people want to think that God chose them based upon His foreknowledge of their willingness to accept Him, that's ok with me. Even tho they don't see it as man taking the first step in saving himself I can live with them thinking this because, ultimately God foreknew their faith because God enabled their faith.

Well, we sure wouldn't want you to be bothered. We see what happens when you get bothered. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.