ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So Baptists are not Calvinists?

Most Baptists are Arminians, who believe in OSAS, and are not Calvinist.

However, there are Reformed Baptists who hold to the teaching of Perseverance of the Saints (PSOS) which is biblical and in accordance with the historical Reformed Confessions and Creeds.

In fact, at one time years ago, my husband founded a Reformed Baptist Church in the San Francisco Bay Area with a Baptist Pastor, even though we were formerly Presbyterians at the time.

He did so, only because there was great need for Gospel truth amongst young college-age people for whom he was providing a local bible study, and we knew the Baptist Pastor's Gospel message was the same one, of grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, according to the Holy Scriptures alone, to the glory of God alone.

And God richly blessed our efforts for many years after!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Most Baptists are Arminians, who believe in OSAS, and are not Calvinist.

However, there are Reformed Baptists who hold to the teaching of Perseverance of the Saints (PSOS) which is biblical and in accordance with the historical Reformed Confessions and Creeds.

In fact, at one time years ago, my husband founded a Reformed Baptist Church in the San Francisco Bay Area with a Baptist Pastor, even though we were formerly Presbyterians at the time.

He did so, only because there was great need for Gospel truth amongst young college-age people for whom he was providing a local bible study, and we knew the Baptist Pastor's Gospel message was the same one, of grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, according to the Holy Scriptures alone, to the glory of God alone.

And God richly blessed our efforts for many years after!

thank you for clarification.

I still don't like Calvin and his violent practice of persecuting non-tirns. It is not of Jesus. He did not have Jesus' spirit for sure with that kind of practice.

And his followers still have the same spirit as his.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
thank you for clarification.

I still don't like Calvin and his violent practice of persecuting non-tirns. It is not of Jesus. He did not have Jesus' spirit for sure with that kind of practice.

And his followers still have the same spirit as his.

I really do not know of Calvin ever violently persecuting non-Trinitarians, for there were very few Arians in his day, and his battles were primarily against the (Trinitarian) Roman Catholic Church abuses . . and lay-person Reformers such as myself hardly "persecute" non-Trinitarians of our day, for they are too various and too many . . and not really within our jurisprudence.

However, we believe anyone born of the Spirit of God, will be given insight into the plurality of the Godhead, as evidence of their saving grace.

So, I pray for you Meshak, that eventually you will concede, in faith, to the concept of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as evidenced in Holy Scripture.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I really do not know of Calvin ever violently persecuting non-Trinitarians, for there were very few Arians in his day, and his battles were primarily against the (Trinitarian) Roman Catholic Church abuses . . and lay-person Reformers such as myself hardly "persecute" non-Trinitarians of our day, for they are too various and too many . . and not really within our jurisprudence.
\

AMR and Lon claim non-trins are cult. And it seems clear that if they claim with such nonsense, it is believable that Calvin's spirit were the same. That's why they are doing this. It seems clear to me that Lon is here to silence the non-trins. Jesus claims that we know them by their fruit, not by their doctrins.

How can you claim non-trins are cult when they strive to be obedient to Jesus and His teachings?

they sure are much more godlier than most churches as a whole. And godly conduct and practice is their fruit.

it does not bother me if trins believe Jesus is God and God is trinity. But I strongly reject their persecuting spirit. It is not of Jesus.

It is their creed to claim that non-trins are cult.

I believe Calvin endorsed RCC's non-trin Mikael Servitus' burning.

it is horrible witness as a Christian.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
\

AMR and Lon claim non-trins are cult. And it seems clear that if they claim with such nonsense, it is believable that Calvin's spirit were the same. That's why they are doing this. It seems clear to me that Lon is here to silence the non-trins. Jesus claims that we know them by their fruit, not by their doctrins.

How can you claim non-trins are cult when they strive to be obedient to Jesus and His teachings?

they sure are much more godlier than most churches as a whole. And godly conduct and practice is their fruit.

it does not bother me if trins believe Jesus is God and God is trinity. But I strongly reject their persecuting spirit. It is not of Jesus.

It is their creed to claim that non-trins are cult.

I believe Calvin endorsed RCC's non-trin Mikael Servitus' burning.

it is horrible witness as a Christian.

Servetus was heretical in many ways . . For example he believed he was the archangel, Michael, who would bring about the prophecies in Revelation.

In Calvin's day, the State determined the fate of religious fanatics, so Calvin was not the sole determiner of the fate of Servetus.

It would be wise for you to do a study of Servetus, before claiming him innocent before God Almighty, and also learn some hesitance in blaming Calvin alone for his violent end.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Servetus was heretical in many ways . . For example he believed he was the archangel, Michael, who would bring about the prophecies in Revelation.

It is just doctrine interpretation. No one knows who is right. You are off taking this example to persecute them.

In Calvin's day, the State determined the fate of religious fanatics, so Calvin was not the sole determiner of the fate of Servetus.

I know but RCC did and he fully agreed with them. Why do you discern what is right thing to do just because majority say so? that kind of practice was done by Pharisees, and you cannot see that?

It would be wise for you to do a study of Servetus, before claiming him innocent before God Almighty, and also learn some hesitance in blaming Calvin alone for his violent end.

I know Servitus was a fully devoted, and godly true Jesus' servant.

Even if he was a heretical, killing is not of Jesus. Jesus would never agree to do such evil thing.

musterion

OSAS and "faith only" gospel.

These are Calvin's teaching, and majority of protestants believe it..

Calvinists do not believe in OSAS, nor do most Reformed people believe in salvation by grace through faith ALONE.

I won't waste my time explaining the differences to you, I know none of you Meshak people could care less.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Calvinists do not believe in OSAS, nor do most Reformed people believe in salvation by grace through faith ALONE.

Calvinists believe in Justification by grace alone, through faith alone . . but not according to your Antinomian version of Sanctification that advocates lawlessness.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You just proved my point, lawkeeper.

A "lawkeeper" is one who attempts to find salvation by keeping the old Covenant of Works ("Law). It is a wrong belief in the necessity of self-righteous earning of merit with God. I am not a legalistic lawkeeper.

I was justified (forgiven my sins) by God's grace alone, through His gift of faith, alone.

His Holy Spirit indwells my soul and now I repent of sin and desire to live a holy life, because my God is holy.

That is not "lawkeeping."

But you think to live morally, according to the Ten Commandments, is some kind of sin or lack of faith. This is error on your part.

The third use of the Law of God, is to guide believers away from sin. The Law is their moral protection.

Grace does not give any soul license to break or dismiss the moral laws of God. Christians are not free to worship idols or other gods, to carve images of heavenly realities, to take the name of God in vain, to neglect the Sabbath day, to dishonor parents, to murder or commit adultery or steal, to bear false witness against a neighbor, or to covet a neighbor's belongings.

Only Antinomians preach the strange and false gospel, that once a person decides they are saved by grace, they are free from responsibility for living a life reflecting the will of God expressed above in the Decalogue.

Reminder: Matthew 7:21-23

musterion

But you think to live morally, according to the Ten Commandments, is some kind of sin or lack of faith. This is error on your part.

The law is a schoolmaster to lead people to Christ. Once in Him, they're dead to the Law. It has no further purpose for them, for HE is now their Life.

So, your choice:

"Do and live" (the Law)

or

"Christ, who is my life." (Paul)

One or the other. Can't have both.

Now put your husband on.

God's Truth

The law is a schoolmaster to lead people to Christ. Once in Him, they're dead to the Law. It has no further purpose for them, for HE is now their Life.

So, your choice:

"Do and live" (the Law)

or

"Christ, who is my life." (Paul)

One or the other. Can't have both.

Now put your husband on.

Living through the Spirit is living through love.

You obey the law when you live through the Spirit.

If you live through love you do not lie, steal, commit adultery, you do not hate, etc.

Do you see now how we still obey the law?

musterion

Living through the Spirit is living through love.

You obey the law when you live through the Spirit.

If you live through love you do not lie, steal, commit adultery, you do not hate, etc.

Do you see now how we still obey the law?

The opinion of a Catholic means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.