No more anonymous reps

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From this point further Registered PLUS members will be able to see who repped them (via the user CP).

The only members who cannot see who repped them is regular Registered members. To see the differences in membership levels click here.

Crow

I think it's a good idea. As much fun as lobbing the anonymous stinkbomb can be, this will be a good thing, if for no other reason, that people can at least approach the one who bad repped them if it's a case of misunderstanding.

And I like to see who agrees with me on an issue.

Lovejoy

Heck, I'll just change my username to "anonymous reps." No one will ever know the difference.

Lovejoy

Crow said:
I think it's a good idea. As much fun as lobbing the anonymous stinkbomb can be, this will be a good thing, if for no other reason, that people can at least approach the one who bad repped them if it's a case of misunderstanding.

And I like to see who agrees with me on an issue.
Well, it does add a certain accountability to the issue.

Crow

Lovejoy said:
Well, it does add a certain accountability to the issue.

I'm kinda forgetful, too. I often forget that someone cannot see who reps them and forget to put my little :crow: smiley into the comments. And there's no way to go back and remedy the situation.

Lovejoy

Crow said:
I'm kinda forgetful, too. I often forget that someone cannot see who reps them and forget to put my little :crow: smiley into the comments. And there's no way to go back and remedy the situation.
I end up having to post something about it. At least twice now I have made a post along the lines of "I repped everyone participating in this discussion!" just in case someone was not a subscriber.

taoist

Shucks, didn't know you could give reps anonymously. Oh yeah, that'd be because I don't give reps.

PureX

taoist said:
Shucks, didn't know you could give reps anonymously. Oh yeah, that'd be because I don't give reps.
I will give positive "weenie points" on occasion, but I don't think I've given any "bad weenie" points at all. And I always send a written message.

Granite

Hall of Fame
PureX said:
I will give positive "weenie points" on occasion, but I don't think I've given any "bad weenie" points at all. And I always send a written message.

Someone has to say something really, really thick for me to neg rep them. I don't do it out of spite or after a personal attack, but density sticks in my craw.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
So you are saying now we can see who repped us without paying for it?

So according to the chart, when my sub runs out, I will fall into the category of registered plus because I have over 50 rep points and I have thousands of posts. Correct?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
So you are saying now we can see who repped us without paying for it?

So according to the chart, when my sub runs out, I will fall into the category of registered plus because I have over 50 rep points and I have thousands of posts. Correct?
Yep.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
Someone has to say something really, really thick for me to neg rep them. I don't do it out of spite or after a personal attack, but density sticks in my craw.

Same here. But, sometimes, I forget that not everyone can see who sent the points. So, I'm glad they're no longer anonymous.

Granite

Hall of Fame
ebenz47037 said:
Same here. But, sometimes, I forget that not everyone can see who sent the points. So, I'm glad they're no longer anonymous.

:thumb:

Maybe it'll keep it more accountable, or something...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When we first started with the rep points, I got caught up in the "I've got to give my friends good points" thing that was going on. After about a week of that, I started feeling obligated to do so. So, I quit giving any points at all for a while.

Now, I give good points to those who deserve them, whether I like the person or not. And, same with bad points. Even if I like you, if you say something that I think is stupid, I'll bad rep you.

erinmarie

ebenz47037 said:
When we first started with the rep points, I got caught up in the "I've got to give my friends good points" thing that was going on. After about a week of that, I started feeling obligated to do so. So, I quit giving any points at all for a while.

Now, I give good points to those who deserve them, whether I like the person or not. And, same with bad points. Even if I like you, if you say something that I think is stupid, I'll bad rep you.

I felt the same way at first, and then I felt bad when I couldn't keep up with it, so I just started doing what you're doing now Nori. Except I think I've only given out one or two bad reps. And I think they were both for the same person. :eek:

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
PureX said:

Now now... there is no reason to fib :)