NFL 2018 Season Starts Tonight

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NFL 2018 Season Starts Tonight

NFL 100 was the best commercial.
The best part was when Joe Montana said “no can do Cowboy” to Michael Irvin.
Next best part was Bradshaw & Franco reliving the Immaculate Reception.
Third best was the ‘72 Dolphins in their teal blue tuxedos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tom Brady has won more Super Bowls than any other player has played.

Jerry Shugart

The old guys do it again. Offensive genius? 3 points?

The Pat's defense did something in the Super Bowl this year that no other team has ever done before except the Dallas Cowboys--not allowing the other team to score a touchdown. That feat had remained untied for 47 years since the Boys beat the Dolphins 24-3 in Super Bowl VI!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Pat's defense did something in the Super Bowl this year that no other team has ever done before except the Dallas Cowboys--not allowing the other team to score a touchdown. That feat had remained untied for 47 years since the Boys beat the Dolphins 24-3 in Super Bowl VI!

The Steelers defense in Super Bowl 9 did not allow the Vikings to score a point.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
That was a brutal game to watch, and Brady's performance did as little to advance his legend, as SB L did to advance Peyton's. In both cases, their teams won despite their QB's play and not because of it. The game really felt all the way through like the Pats' defense had a pillow over the Rams' face, and just kept applying gentle pressure until they stopped fighting.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That was a brutal game to watch, and Brady's performance did as little to advance his legend, as SB L did to advance Peyton's. In both cases, their teams won despite their QB's play and not because of it. The game really felt all the way through like the Pats' defense had a pillow over the Rams' face, and just kept applying gentle pressure until they stopped fighting.
I think you have to credit their influence more than their play, though both played an important role in the victory. Brady looked like a rested and well prepared version of himself at home against the Chargers, but the next couple of games were progressively unkind. I think Brees faded at the end too. Father time may be catching them both, though Brady is a year farther down that road.

Most boring game I can remember, SB wise, though I credit Bill with doing a heck of a job coaching and scheming.

Jerry Shugart

Most boring game I can remember, SB wise, though I credit Bill with doing a heck of a job coaching and scheming.

The rumor is that bill Bilicheat was able to spy on the Rams's practices leading up to the Super Bowl with the help of some wiz kids from MIT.

Not!

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I think you have to credit their influence more than their play, though both played an important role in the victory. Brady looked like a rested and well prepared version of himself at home against the Chargers, but the next couple of games were progressively unkind. I think Brees faded at the end too. Father time may be catching them both, though Brady is a year farther down that road.

I don't even think it was all that difficult. He knew that the Rams defense was undersized, and so they needed to make sure they made the Rams pay for that deficiency somehow. There's obvious ways to do that, when you have a strong offensive line, so long as you don't fall far behind them in points, which NE never did. You just keep getting first downs. Points don't even matter because you'll get them later, so long as you get yards and first downs, you make them pay for being undersized, a penalty that they can't afford to pay all game long, unlike a rightly sized defense, which could keep paying the penalty all game long, you don't play against that defense the same way as against the Rams. The strategy is very easy and guaranteed to work if you don't fall behind them in points, and NE never did. By the fourth quarter, the Rams defense was dead on their feet, compared to how they started the game. They gave up first downs easier, and eventually points. You could see them crumbling, and the game swirling away from them ultimately, and it was due to Belichick's scheme, but it did not take genius to devise that scheme, but it did require a bit of a genius to thwart it, and apparently McVay's not.