NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Alright, alright, I'll give you that. The Steelers have been the most successful NFL franchise since 1972. Happy now? :cheers:

There are no worse winners and no worse losers in the entire world than Steelers fans.:devil:

Win, and they never let you hear the end of it; lose, and they cry (like their players) and whine about how they were robbed. Never fails.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
There are no worse winners and no worse losers in the entire world than Steelers fans.:devil:

Win, and they never let you hear the end of it; lose, and they cry (like their players) and whine about how they were robbed. Never fails.

we need the stats

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Win, and they never let you hear the end of it;

It probably only appears that way to you, because, since the merger, no team has won more games than the Steelers.

lose, and they cry (like their players) and whine about how they were robbed. Never fails.

The only Steeler I ever knew of that cried was Kordell Stewart, and that was because he was taken out of a game and replaced by another QB.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It probably only appears that way to you, because, since the merger, no team has won more games than the Steelers.

Or because the Steelers fans I know are especially obnoxious (but I repeat myself).

The only Steeler I ever knew of that cried was Kordell Stewart, and that was because he was taken out of a game and replaced by another QB.

Hines Ward. Sideline. Heinz Field. AFC Championship.:chuckle:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
With his average stats he wouldn't be allowed to retain a starting job and get to the SB to show anyone that he was a big game player and not a stats or practice guy.

all he needs is a good coach and a good team
and
he can get you to the super bowl
but
some of you are just interested in stats
and
how great your quarterback is

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
all he needs is a good coach and a good team
and
he can get you to the super bowl
but
some of you are just interested in stats
and
how great your quarterback is
Well, you know I know it's about more than the guy under center, though without the right guy under center you're not going anywhere.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
nine over paid quarterbacks are home this weekend watching three under paid ones
The over/underpaid argument is a non starter. Wilson will be among the highest paid once his new contract is in place and there isn't a qb playing who isn't a millionaire, so it's a thin distinction.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The over/underpaid argument is a non starter. Wilson will be among the highest paid once his new contract is in place and there isn't a qb playing who isn't a millionaire, so it's a thin distinction.

not if carroll wants to be another belichick
and
not it wilson wants to be another brady

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
not if carroll wants to be another belichick
and
not it wilson wants to be another brady
How good he is or isn't will determine that for Pete. Wilson isn't Brady. Different sort of player. And many a SB has been won by a top paid qb. So I think that's a non working metric you have going. Brady and Bill have three rings over that career won by an average of a fg and as often arrived at by virtue of a fg or two. You could as easily argue what any team needs is an exceptional fg kicker and a decent team.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You could as easily argue what any team needs is an exceptional fg kicker

What's really a bummer is when a team has an "idiot kicker".

Or even worse, is when an idiot kicker gets liquored up, and shoots his mouth off.

But worst of all, is when an idiot kicker who gets liquored up and shoots his mouth off misses a 46 yard field goal that would have sent a playoff game into overtime; thus allowing his #1 seeded team to lose at home to a #6 seeded team.

Caledvwlch

What's really a bummer is when a team has an "idiot kicker".

Or even worse, is when an idiot kicker gets liquored up, and shoots his mouth off.

But worst of all, is when an idiot kicker who gets liquored up and shoots his mouth off misses a 46 yard field goal that would have sent a playoff game into overtime; thus allowing his #1 seeded team to lose at home to a #6 seeded team.

Who was this "idiot kicker"?

Caledvwlch

Mike Vanderjagt. Same guy who once declared the Pats "ripe for the picking" right before New England pasted Indy in the playoffs.

vanderjagt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.