NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But I don't see Kubiak being all that much different. Although with Kubiak you will likely get a more creative offense.

You would be running the Paul Brown/Bill Walsh/Mike Shanahan offense without Terrell Davis. Which is still more creative than Fox. And while Manning can change any play he wants, changing plays at the line doesn't change the philosophy.

The Berean

Should the NFL count Jim Kelly's 9,842 yards & 83 touchdowns he had with the Houston Gamblers of the USFL in 1984 and 1985?

If so, Kelly would move from #24 to #7 on the NFL's all time TD list for quarterbacks.

Sure, count those stats, too. I know it won't happen. However, there is an important distinction between the AAFC/AFL and the USFL. The AAFC/AFL merged with the NFL and the USFL didn't. Do you know that the longest punt in NFL history (Steve O’Neal, 98 yards, Sept. 21, 1969) actually occurred in an AFL game before the AFL-NFL merger?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You would be running the Paul Brown/Bill Walsh/Mike Shanahan offense without Terrell Davis. Which is still more creative than Fox. And while Manning can change any play he wants, changing plays at the line doesn't change the philosophy.
It's funny you say that because here in Denver we are thankful to have CJ Anderson who is the best cut-back runner we have seen since Terrell Davis.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see a couple downsides--one, Peyton is probably gone within one or two seasons, which very likely could mean the coach is out too if Elway blows the joint up and starts from scratch. I dunno...I'd be curious what Elway's long-term post-Manning strategy really is. "Does this outfit have a future?" is a heady question.
I have a feeling Elway will be able to bring in a quality QB if and when Peyton retires.

Elway can play the "QB" card better than any other GM.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No one is a bigger Tebow fan than me. But even I am convinced bringing in Manning was the right move. Manning took the struggling Broncos and turned them into a perennial power. He is an incredible leader.

Sure Peyton is slowing down but I would take a 75% healthy Manning over almost every other quarterback in the league.
Agreed and with the newly found running game...Look, before he was hurt and without that running game in full voice the Broncos went into Seattle and played them close.

Work a little more on the O line and sort out the defense a bit more and I like your chances if you keep Manning healthy. And that running game could be just what you need, starting early, to do that.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's funny you say that because here in Denver we are thankful to have CJ Anderson who is the best cut-back runner we have seen since Terrell Davis.

And maybe he could be a 2000 yard runner with that upgrade.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what? Were talking pro football right?

So that means Cleveland has the most dominate run in professional football history, and Tet doesn't want it that way. You know, rivalries and all.

10 championship games in 10 seasons, winning 7 times. In 2 different leagues.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are obviously just a Broncos hater. I'm done until there is a person with objective perspective to talk to.

Nah, he is just a Steelers homer. I don't fault it for it. He just lets it blind him in judgment.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think peyton is asking for urban meyer

When Peyton Manning does another "one-and-done" next year, it will make 10 times that he has done it.

I wonder how many "one-and-dones" Peyton Manning has to have before TH and other Peyton Manning defenders will admit he is the biggest postseason choker ever to play the game?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
When Peyton Manning does another "one-and-done" next year, it will make 10 times that he has done it.
Thanks for doing a better job at underscoring the emotional, irrational root of your response on the point than even my game by game and collective set out of actual position statistics could.

I wonder how many "one-and-dones" Peyton Manning has to have before TH and other Peyton Manning defenders will admit he is the biggest postseason choker ever to play the game?
It won't ever have anything to do with post season team wins or losses except to the extent he influences it. So in the last game, which he really shouldn't have played, it was on him. Disproportionately failed the team. In the loss to the Ravens and for the most part it's the other way around.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sure, count those stats, too. I know it won't happen. However, there is an important distinction between the AAFC/AFL and the USFL. The AAFC/AFL merged with the NFL and the USFL didn't. Do you know that the longest punt in NFL history (Steve O’Neal, 98 yards, Sept. 21, 1969) actually occurred in an AFL game before the AFL-NFL merger?

How about the WFL from 1974 & 1975?

The Memphis Southmen had Larry Csonka. Csonka rushed for 421 yards.

The Birmingham Vulcans were the WFL Champions in 1975.

I remember watching some WFL games when I was a kid. The thing I remember most was touchdowns were worth 7 points, and teams could get an "action point" after a touchdown by rushing or passing. There was no kicking after touchdowns.

The Berean

So that means Cleveland has the most dominate run in professional football history, and Tet doesn't want it that way. You know, rivalries and all.

10 championship games in 10 seasons, winning 7 times. In 2 different leagues.

Exactly. The 1948 Browns were undefeated at 15-0. The AAFC was probably as strong or stronger than the NFL from 1946-49. They went head-to-head vs the NFL in acquiring college players and actually drafted and kept more of the top college football talent. The AAFC merged with the NFL in 1950. The Browns first game as an NFL team was against the defending NFL champion Philadelphia Eagles. Many in the NFL wanted to embarrass the Browns and assumed the Eagles would defeat the Browns easily. Wrong answer! The Browns crushed the Eagles 35-10 removing any doubt that the Browns were the best team in pro football. The Browns went 10-2 and won the NFL title, the only "expansion" team to win an NFL title in their first year. In the Browns first six seasons in the NFL they were 58-13. They played for the championship all six seasons and won three titles.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Most people see that Raven's loss as I do.
Most people are bias blinded for any number of reasons when it comes to sports and typically not very knowledgeable about the particulars. That's okay, it's not going to kill someone or deprive them of a right, but it's still lamentable.

Status
Not open for further replies.