Neg Rep Campaign Against Serpentdove

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Pretty much, and the rep comments themselves are usually ironically facile....

In regards to the OP I'm afraid I have a rule of thumb where I only use the rep system for pos reps, though I've no issue with you or those who utilize it for the other, especially in regards to the likes of SD....

:e4e:

Without exception I have thought it was funny when I received a neg rep.
When I was still pretty new here I gave out a few negs, I'd bet the total number would be 5 to 7-ish? max.
I only give "good" rep now, to deliver a quick comment or thumbs-up.
I get the sentiment, but I'll skip the rep war. :)

(edit: so, Im basically agreeing with you AB, incase youre wondering why I quoted you. lol)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Yep and it usually is not so much content; after all we all make mistakes and we do have different views. It usually is because the person has given evidence for being a pest, pig, monkey, troll, or some other annoying personal characteristic.

Now SD is doing no more than using his own imagination to get to members he dislikes. It does not mean anything to make a silly accusation; what is causing you to fret is he links it to a page that does not go anywhere and you let is get to you. My advice, just ignore him, let it go.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
My question is, is doing something like this allowed on this board, is this an abuse of the rep system? I can neg rep the posts where she makes the false accusations. That is allowed. But I can't just neg rep a post just because.

As far as I know, Knight doesn't really care about the rep system, just so long as it isn't being used to send profane/obscene/etc. messages.

Lovejoy

Does anyone know if her links are approved?

I had to turn "signatures" back on just to see them. I was actually unaware of them until you guys made me so curious I had to check them out. I think I shut them off years ago (I find them to be clutter).

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I had to turn "signatures" back on just to see them. I was actually unaware of them until you guys made me so curious I had to check them out. I think I shut them off years ago (I find them to be clutter).

Not mine?;)

Thunder's Muse

I say your time is best spent concentrating on other things. Neg repping her will make no difference. The fact that she has lies displayed in her sig says much more about her than the ones she lies about.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Besides, the false accusations are in her sig, so she makes them in every single post.

Every time she makes a post the links in her signature make the assertion for her . . . .

You both raise an excellent point about the sig. I can legitimately neg rep her for posting the sig. It is childish of her to be posting it all over the board. As a Christian she should not be telling lies. She should be held to a higher standard.

I will join you in this drive--to get her to remove the offending signature.

Quincy

I explained in the other thread why I can't in good conscience neg rep someone but I can join the group in publically saying that I agree that many of her post are reprehensible.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Does anyone know if her links are approved?

It really does not mean a thing. You might ask Knight if you do not think I am right. Pay no attention to his signature, I believe you can turn off the viewing of signatures. Ask around, Lovejoy seems to say it can be done.
Goodnight

zoo22

My question is, is doing something like this allowed on this board, is this an abuse of the rep system? I can neg rep the posts where she makes the false accusations. That is allowed. But I can't just neg rep a post just because.

I'm not much for neg rep (especially en masse), but as far as "the posts where she makes the false allegations," that's every one of her posts, because she broadcasts them from her signature line.

So while I likely wouldn't/won't participate, every single one of her posts seems open for a response/objection as far as her making false accusations.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have never neg repped and SD isn't remotely annoying enough to blaze that trail.
I only have a couple of times in response to persistent neg reps and only as a means to discourage the practice.

When you neg rep a small piece of the world dies, and we have enough death already.
:think: Fairies? That's only going to encourage the fundamentalists from the right, you know.

Also, when you neg it only reduces the person by half your rep power, pos reps are full power so you'd be better served to pos the people arguing against the person you want to neg and spread twice the love instead of half the hate.
I always send a pos rep to anyone I like who has been hit by the neg rep stick. And with my rep weight it would take a number of people acting in concert to out pace me. So that's satisfying. :D

On this planet there are no passengers, only crew.
Be good to each other.
I can almost hear the torches crackling. :plain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll join the campaign.
I think folks SHOULD be shamed when they purposely slander.