Neg Rep Campaign Against Serpentdove

Samstarrett

I hereby declare my intention to hit serpent:duh: with a neg rep every time I can until she either:

Retracts her accusation that I, gamera, taikoo, and PlastikBuddha are the same person

or

supports it(which she will never be able to do).

All who intend to join me, please post in this thread. Then I can rep you(heh heh) and get one step closer to her.

EDIT: I'm a better writer than this, really I am. Evidently I was drunk when I wrote this post and declared my 'objection' to neg rep serpentdove rather than my 'intention'. It's fixed now.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hereby declare my objection to hit serpent:duh: with a neg rep every time I can until she either:

Retracts her accusation that I, gamera, taikoo, and PlastikBuddha are the same person

or

supports it(which she will never be able to do).

All who intend to join me, please post in this thread. Then I can rep you(heh heh) and get one step closer to her.

A retraction thread was already attempted, Sam ...

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2351400&postcount=1

To make a long story short ... SD didn't even attempt to defend her lies and we all just accepted that she is a deceiver who is morally inferior to the rest of us.

Samstarrett

I'm not surprised. :sigh:

To make a long story short ... SD didn't even attempt to defend her lies and we all just accepted that she is a deceiver who is morally inferior to the rest of us.

Yeah, probably wise. Still, this time we have a threat! :Clete: And if it doesn't work, at least we can knock her rep power way down so she can't make or break a reputation and won't be thought respected by newbies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My question is, is doing something like this allowed on this board, is this an abuse of the rep system? I can neg rep the posts where she makes the false accusations. That is allowed. But I can't just neg rep a post just because.

fool

Hall of Fame
I have never neg repped and SD isn't remotely annoying enough to blaze that trail.
When you neg rep a small piece of the world dies, and we have enough death already.
Also, when you neg it only reduces the person by half your rep power, pos reps are full power so you'd be better served to pos the people arguing against the person you want to neg and spread twice the love instead of half the hate.
On this planet there are no passengers, only crew.
Be good to each other.

csuguy

Just stick SD on your ignore list if she bugs you that much. I don't actually use my ignore list, but I make it a point to not try to reason with SD - waste of time.

Samstarrett

My question is, is doing something like this allowed on this board, is this an abuse of the rep system? I can neg rep the posts where she makes the false accusations. That is allowed. But I can't just neg rep a post just because.

It would probably be poor etiquette if done ordinarily. Still, as regards serpent:duh: the etiquette ship has sailed. I don't think there are any official rules about the rep system. Besides, the false accusations are in her sig, so she makes them in every single post.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not surprised. :sigh:

Yeah, probably wise. Still, this time we have a threat! :Clete: And if it doesn't work, at least we can knock her rep power way down so she can't make or break a reputation and won't be thought respected by newbies.

Honestly, I do not believe that ANY newbie who isn't brain dead would respect her. She is a deliberately deceitful troll.

There are posters who use the neg rep system for petty reasons. In THAT case, I don't believe there is anything wrong with giving them a taste of their own medicine.

However, certain individuals (such as SD) would more than likely enjoy that attention ... even negative attention is better than none.

IF that were not the case, SD would not have intentionally posted lies about several TOL members on her profile.

ragTagblues

Every time she makes a post the links in her signature make the assertion for her . . . .

However on another note, I will be pulling out of the neg rep SD drive as when I agreed to it SD had annoyed me; but I now remember, thanks partly to Quincy, how I feel about neg repping when I am the person doing it.

However Mr Starret[t] I will continue to raise awareness in your valiant cause . . .

Last edited:

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I like granite's idea of ignoring her better. Best not to feed trolls.

Is there something I missed in the Bible that commands the faithful to be total trolls?

Samstarrett

It is usually for the poster, not the post per se. The carpet bombing stops when the twisting of scripture stops.

IOW's, the carpet bombing stops if and when the poster acquiesces to your interpretation of Scripture, where such interpretation is even provided(more often you simply quote Scriptures we've all already heard with no exegesis as if that settles the issue).

Arthur Brain

IOW's, the carpet bombing stops if and when the poster acquiesces to your interpretation of Scripture, where such interpretation is even provided(more often you simply quote Scriptures we've all already heard with no exegesis as if that settles the issue).

Pretty much, and the rep comments themselves are usually ironically facile....

In regards to the OP I'm afraid I have a rule of thumb where I only use the rep system for pos reps, though I've no issue with you or those who utilize it for the other, especially in regards to the likes of SD....

:e4e:

Samstarrett

In regards to the OP I'm afraid I have a rule of thumb where I only use the rep system for pos reps, though I've no issue with you or those who utilize it for the other, especially in regards to the likes of SD....

Rom 14:6

Paraphrased for the present situation:

He who neg reps SD, neg reps her unto the Lord, and he does not neg rep her, unto the Lord he does not neg rep her.

Rom 14:5b

Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.