Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite

• It was flippin' hilarious.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • It was like the dumbest movie ever.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • I Haven't seen it.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I don't understand a word you just said.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • How long did it take you to grow that moustache?

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I'm voting for Pedro Sanchez, who do you think?

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

Lovejoy

How in the heck is this server handling that kind of traffic?! They must of hacked into the Amercan Idol vote system! Actually, that would explain a great deal about the voting on American Idol.

lucybelle

TOL Princess
To be honest - I would have thought it the worst movie I'd seen in years EXCEPT for the dance. The dance made all the rest of it bareable. If he hadn't danced - I would have hated it.

allsmiles

lucybelle said:
To be honest - I would have thought it the worst movie I'd seen in years EXCEPT for the dance. The dance made all the rest of it bareable. If he hadn't danced - I would have hated it.

Hate's such a strong word...

Oh, Knight, Turbo, someone, could you delete my Napoleon Dynamite thread? I feel like a total boob for having started one, I didn't even spell Napoleon right. As if I don't give people around here enough reason to think I'm daft...

lucybelle

TOL Princess
allsmiles said:
Hate's such a strong word...

Yea...I know, but still, it's such an accuate word at times...

I guess my main issue with the film is just personal taste - I kept waiting for the storyline to develop and noticed too late that there really WASN'T a storyline.

It scares me that so many people can love a film that's just basically a day in the life of...

Last edited by a moderator:

lucybelle

TOL Princess
No no no - Seinfeld had characters that everyone could relate to - I just couldn't find that match in Napoleon Dynamite.

SOTK

I still have never seen this movie! :angel:

I keep hearing mixed reviews. Either people say it's cool or they absolutely hated it. I'm really going to have to find out for myself one of these days.

Army of One

Well, after reading this thread earlier today, I had to go out and rent Napoleon Dynamite. I'm kind of mixed on what I thought of it. I definitely wouldn't rate it as a favorite movie, but there were some really funny parts in it. Uncle Rico was awesome. At least I'm now starting to understand some of the avatars used on TOL (Turbo, Wamba, etc.). :D

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You should watch it again before you return it. A lot of people like it even better the second time through.

allsmiles

Turbo, the second time around thing is totally true. Almost everyone I know who loves it (except for my mom) said that they didn't like it the first time but that the second time won them over.

Lucy,
Yea...I know, but still, it's such an accuate word at times...

I guess my main issue with the film is just personal taste - I kept waiting for the storyline to develop and noticed too late that there really WASN'T a storyline.

It scares me that so many people can love a film that's just basically a day in the life of...

Not everything can be Beauty and the Beast;)