Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite

• It was flippin' hilarious.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • It was like the dumbest movie ever.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • I Haven't seen it.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I don't understand a word you just said.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • How long did it take you to grow that moustache?

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I'm voting for Pedro Sanchez, who do you think?

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

JoyfulRook

BillyBob said:
It seems more like a guys movie to me. I don't think Mrs. BillyBob was all that impressed with it.....
My mom watched ten minutes, and said that it was the stupidest movie she'd ever seen. My dad, my brother, and I, all loved it though!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Uh..... you do realize they didn't actually time travel right?
Okay, so that was another funny part I didn't even remember was in ND.

I was just saying in general the things that turn me off to a movie.

And here's another one: [rant]characters that go out of character! I really hate this one because just one scene where an established character does something that they wouldn't possibly do if they were real ruins everything. Also, when stock characters are used - for instance, soldiers - hollywood cannot seem to make them like soldiers that actually exist[/rant]

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yorzhik said:
Just to set the record straight; I thought it was basically boring with a few good laughs. But stories of 1)bratty kids 2)disfunctional families 3)time travel and most "Christian movies" (all of them being CV) are just things that turn me off to a movie.

I got to admit though, Kip having the guts to sing that song and Napolean riding up on a horse was fipp'in hilarious.

I still love technology.
It was made by mormons so it isn't really a christian movie.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would certainly not call Napoleon Dynamite a Christian movie.

That being said, the movie had nothing profane in it whatsoever. No cussing, no nudity, no sexual references, no homo themes nothing! Just good clean fun.

Another cool thing about the movie was it was made on a shoestring budget yet was able to bring in millions of dollars. Napoleon Dynamite sent a message to Hollywood that movies that appeal to the younger crowds do not have to be filled with sex, language or violence (no that I oppose violent movies).

Yet on the other hand it was pretty violent when uncle Rico hit Napoleon Dynamite in the face with a steak. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
HisLight said:
Why/how is it that so much of the dialogue is so easily quoted? I am not one to memorize movie dialoge and still some of this movie is stuck in my head.
Actually the dialogue is what makes the movie so funny.

The dialogue was brilliantly crafted to carry the movie and make it funny in a realistic and subtle way.

Ninjashadow

One thing that I like about this movie was that it was not the typical claptrap that hollywood spews out of its whoremouth, the greedy soulless remakes of movies that weren't any good the first time around, and showed that people can like a movie that hasn't been done a hundred times before.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ninjashadow said:
Are you sure you weren't thinking of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?
I listed things that I get bugged about in movies in general, not everything I listed was specific to ND.

RiotGurl

BillyBob said:
It seems more like a guys movie to me. I don't think Mrs. BillyBob was all that impressed with it.....

It is so not a guys movie, I'm a chic, and I think it's flippin' awesome!!! :)