Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite

• It was flippin' hilarious.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • It was like the dumbest movie ever.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • I Haven't seen it.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I don't understand a word you just said.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • How long did it take you to grow that moustache?

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I'm voting for Pedro Sanchez, who do you think?

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, finally saw it about a week ago and thought it was hilarious. :darwinsm:

"Tina! Come get some ham!

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Wamba the Fool

Okay, finally saw it about a week ago and thought it was hilarious. :darwinsm:

"Tina! Come get some ham!
Turbo and I have went to see that movie with some a group of friends. One of his buddies has a wife named Tina, so you can imagine the comments she gets all the time. Poor girl.

Their quote is a different one, though: "Tina, you fat lard, come get your dinner!"

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I posted a picture of Tina in the "Guess what Knight is going to do" thread last night. :chuckle:

Thia

I love love love Napolean Dynamite

NP: You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Gosh!

Eowyn

Proverbs 4:11-13
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by the Sibbie

Turbo and I have went to see that movie with some a group of friends. One of his buddies has a wife named Tina, so you can imagine the comments she gets all the time. Poor girl.

Their quote is a different one, though: "Tina, you fat lard, come get your dinner!"

Aww, poor thing!:(

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just to set the record straight; I thought it was basically boring with a few good laughs. But stories of 1)bratty kids 2)disfunctional families 3)time travel and most "Christian movies" (all of them being CV) are just things that turn me off to a movie.

I got to admit though, Kip having the guts to sing that song and Napolean riding up on a horse was fipp'in hilarious.

I still love technology.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yorzhik said:
3)time travel and most "Christian movies" (all of them being CV) are just things that turn me off to a movie.
Uh..... you do realize they didn't actually time travel right?

Ninjashadow

How do you get it being a "christian movie?" I know many christians like it, but I wouldn't call it a "christian movie."
I thought it was a very good movie and enjoyed it. What was up with his boots?

Ninjashadow

Yorzhik said:
Just to set the record straight; I thought it was basically boring with a few good laughs. But stories of 1)bratty kids 2)disfunctional families 3)time travel and most "Christian movies" (all of them being CV) are just things that turn me off to a movie.

I still love technology.

Are you sure you weren't thinking of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

HisLight

Knight said:
Thoughts?

Doesn't thinking defeat the whole purpose of this movie?

I do have one question for everyone whether you liked it or not. Why/how is it that so much of the dialogue is so easily quoted? I am not one to memorize movie dialoge and still some of this movie is stuck in my head.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My son watched it 2 or 3 times and he was really hard to be around for a few weeks. I saw about 10 min of it and thought it was pretty funny but my wife hates it so bad that I am not going to subject her to one more minute of it. So if I do ever get a chance to watch it it's going to be when she's not around.

MrsDearDelmar

Okay, it wasn't the dumbest movie ever! I did laugh, but my 16 year old son drove me so crazy 30 minutes into it I had to go to the other room. Although, Big D and I are going to rent it the week before the kids fly to Texas so they can drive their family there crazy!!! I admit, I would like to watch it all the way through now. We told a friend of ours about it and he had to go and buy it with out even seeing it!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
It seems more like a guys movie to me. I don't think Mrs. BillyBob was all that impressed with it.....

Ninjashadow

HisLight said:
Doesn't thinking defeat the whole purpose of this movie?

I do have one question for everyone whether you liked it or not. Why/how is it that so much of the dialogue is so easily quoted? I am not one to memorize movie dialoge and still some of this movie is stuck in my head.

That's because the dialogue came across as so natural. It's stuck in your head because the characters said things that we've all probably said, in one form or another, hundreds of times before.