Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite

• It was flippin' hilarious.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • It was like the dumbest movie ever.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • I Haven't seen it.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I don't understand a word you just said.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • How long did it take you to grow that moustache?

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I'm voting for Pedro Sanchez, who do you think?

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

lucybelle

TOL Princess
allsmiles said:
Lucy,

Not everything can be Beauty and the Beast;)

*gasp*

Hey!
I know that "not everything can be Beauty and the Beast" - it's not like Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie or anything - geesh.

I just don't care much for films that don't go anywhere - so there.

the Sibbie

lucybelle said:
Yea...I know, but still, it's such an accuate word at times...

I guess my main issue with the film is just personal taste - I kept waiting for the storyline to develop and noticed too late that there really WASN'T a storyline.

It scares me that so many people can love a film that's just basically a day in the life of...

That's how I felt about Garden State. But some people really like that.

N.D. had a lot of weird humor in it, but I found it far more entertaining than the immorality displayed in Garden State (which somehow was supposed to be a drama/comedy, I think).

lucybelle

TOL Princess
the Sibbie said:
That's how I felt about Garden State. But some people really like that.

N.D. had a lot of weird humor in it, but I found it far more entertaining than the immorality displayed in Garden State (which somehow was supposed to be a drama/comedy, I think).

woah girl, I hear ya!
Garden State = Horrible let down!

I remember waiting to laugh, or even think it was mildly humorous - didn't happen.

allsmiles

lucybelle said:
*gasp*

Hey!
I know that "not everything can be Beauty and the Beast" - it's not like Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie or anything - geesh.

I just don't care much for films that don't go anywhere - so there.

All right, I'll take your word for it...

...this time.

As for movies not going anywhere, have you ever seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre? jk.

You don't look like a LOTR fan.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lucybelle said:
ok ok ok - maybe it WAS my favorite movie, but things have changed - LOTR's came out and...well...

you know.
Should I change your username to LucyBilbo?

:nono:

lucybelle

TOL Princess
allsmiles said:
All right, I'll take your word for it...

...this time.

As for movies not going anywhere, have you ever seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre? jk.

You don't look like a LOTR fan.

Should I have pointy ears for ya?

What does a LOTR's fan look like??

lucybelle

TOL Princess
allsmiles said:
LOL. I can't see your ears in your avatar, as far as I know you have pointy ears and horns.

HORNS?!?!
Huh uh.

That's a negative.

However, I've got this ring I wear, makes me invisible, all powerful, you get the picture....

allsmiles

lucybelle said:
HORNS?!?!
Huh uh.

That's a negative.

However, I've got this ring I wear, makes me invisible, all powerful, you get the picture....

Something tells me you don't need to wear a ring to be all powerful;)

Once again, I'll take your word for it when it comes to the horns.

Not letting you slide again.

lucybelle

TOL Princess
allsmiles said:
Something tells me you don't need to wear a ring to be all powerful;)

Once again, I'll take your word for it when it comes to the horns.

Not letting you slide again.

*blushes*
aww goodness...thanks for keeping me in line ;)

Doo Dah

This movie is an insult to moviemaking. It has no plot, doesn't really seem to start at the beginning, and is not funny. The action figure out the window part is ALL I liked, and that's because I always wanted to do it when I was younger. ;]
~Jillian

HisLight

Doo Dah said:
This movie is an insult to moviemaking. It has no plot, doesn't really seem to start at the beginning, and is not funny. The action figure out the window part is ALL I liked, and that's because I always wanted to do it when I was younger. ;]
~Jillian

Is it worse than a movie that intended to have a plot and fails badly?

Pedro offers you his protection.

SOTK

Okay, I finally watched this movie. Although there were a few parts where I laughed out loud, I really didn't get why this movie is so popular with some of you. I wouldn't say I hated it, but I didn't quite enjoy it either. I thought it was pretty stupid actually. I guess it just doesn't appeal to my sense of humor. Airplane, Caddy Shack, or other types of comedies like these are more my speed and/or sense of humor. :)

Anyways, that's my two cents!