My God

Jerry Shugart

If you had a good study bible, you would see that the the scriptures have been tampered with. Read the foot notes in a NIV study bible. NIV 1 John 5

What does the NIV study Bible say about this verse which we find at the end of the same chapter?:

"We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​

Lon

Do they sin any worse than me?

I wanna be perfect but in doing so I should forget those things that went before and keep lookin' forward.

I have found you to be a learner and have enjoyed your presence and listening over in the Triune thread. It might help Meshak to know you and have a bit more of a discussion tenor rather than debate for most of our interactions over this subject. It does tend to lend toward less posturing, even if we haven't eliminated it between us altogether. -Lon

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus who admits that he spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by our Lord God and saviour, says in John 5: 24; "Whoever hear my words (The words that he was commanded to say) and believes in "HIM" who sent me, has eternal life.

You must believe in "HIM" who sent Jesus to inherit eternal life.

John 14: 24; "And the word which you hear is not mine, but the father’s who sent me.

Whose words were these in reference to the body of Jesus which had been filled by the spirit of the Lord that had descended upon him in the form of a dove?

"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up?"

If those were the words of the man Jesus, we would expect to see that Jesus raised himself from death, but if they were the words of the Lord who filled the man Jesus with his spirit and chose him to speak in his name, then they would have been the words that the Lord commanded his obedient servant Jesus to speak, and we would expect to see that it was the Lord who raised the man Jesus to life, as seen in...............
Two things I would like to note:

Jesus did have power to raise Himself.

John 10:17-18 KJV​
(17) Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.​
(18) No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

I'm not sure that saying that everything The Son says are the words of The Father speaking through Him (The Son) is as cut-and-dry as you present it.
Because it implies that whenever The Son says He will do something, it is really The Father that is going to do it because it is really The Father's words of what He Himself will do.

The Son says He must suffer and die.
If your logic follows, then those are really The Father's words of what He Himself will do, and therefore will be The Father that must do the suffering and dying.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Nope! I am Just one who believes the word of God and rejects the filthy yeast that has been added by the priests of the Roman church of Emperor Constantine.
That is literally what every single one of you says. :yawn: Please cut to the quick and join your local mosque.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have found you to be a learner and have enjoyed your presence and listening over in the Triune thread. It might help Meshak to know you and have a bit more of a discussion tenor rather than debate for most of our interactions over this subject. It does tend to lend toward less posturing, even if we haven't eliminated it between us altogether. -Lon

I am not interested in debating.

It is so strange that Jesus' says we know them by their fruit, yet all you want to talk about or debating doctrines.

Even if you have the right doctrines if your practice is not reflecting, it is meaningless..

CherubRam

What does the NIV study Bible say about this verse which we find at the end of the same chapter?:

"We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​
Yahshua said to him, “I am the way to the Truth and Life; no man comes to the Father, but through me. It is Yahwah who gives eternal life, and it is Yahwah who is called the God of Truth.

Jerry Shugart

It is Yahwah who gives eternal life...

Here are the words of the Lord Jesus:

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

Besides that, in the first chapter of John's first epistle the Lord Jesus is referred to as "Eternal Life":

"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us" (1 Jn.1:1-2).​

Therefore, when we read these following words later in the same epistle we can be sure that the Lord Jesus is God:

"We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life"
(1 Jn.5:20).​

Tnkrbl123!

Yahshua said to him, “I am the way to the Truth and Life; no man comes to the Father, but through me. It is Yahwah who gives eternal life, and it is Yahwah who is called the God of Truth.

I think you meant to say that Jesus said "I am THE way, THE truth and THE light" not "the way TO the truth and the light" :)

Tnkrbl123!

Believe in trinity is essential to be saved is your main teaching. So much so that they killed many Christians just because they opposed your doctrine.

You keep disregard this disgraceful fact, and continually finger point at non-trins by saying they are non-believers, unsaved, cult and so on.

Do you realize that trins are misrepresenting Jesus by pro-military to the world?

Hey girl! I know you know that I enjoy chatting with you. So I am saying this with love to you but I am a trinitarian but I am not pro-military. I posted in your last thread about how much I agree with you that we should not go to war because Jesus demonstrated to us that war is not the way to live in His kingdom. So I just hope you are not assuming that ALL trinitarian share the same belief about everything. In fact there is a lot of healthy debate between trinitarians on many subjects and war is one of them. I used to believe strongly in "just war theory" but now I see it totally differently after studying the Scriptures. It doesn't hurt that I am Canadian and we don't have a huge military culture to start with in Canada. But not all trinitarians are pro-military, in fact now I strong believe in passivism even though it's hard to accept because I am only human and we all have a natural bent towards violence to start with its our sin nature.
And also not all trinitarians are more focused on believing and not showing love through actions and produce fruit. In fact my whole life purpose is to be the hands and feet of God. I just wanted to let you know.
Bless you

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey girl! I know you know that I enjoy chatting with you. So I am saying this with love to you but I am a trinitarian but I am not pro-military. I posted in your last thread about how much I agree with you that we should not go to war because Jesus demonstrated to us that war is not the way to live in His kingdom. So I just hope you are not assuming that ALL trinitarian share the same belief about everything. In fact there is a lot of healthy debate between trinitarians on many subjects and war is one of them. I used to believe strongly in "just war theory" but now I see it totally differently after studying the Scriptures. It doesn't hurt that I am Canadian and we don't have a huge military culture to start with in Canada. But not all trinitarians are pro-military, in fact now I strong believe in passivism even though it's hard to accept because I am only human and we all have a natural bent towards violence to start with its our sin nature.
And also not all trinitarians are more focused on believing and not showing love through actions and produce fruit. In fact my whole life purpose is to be the hands and feet of God. I just wanted to let you know.
Bless you

I understand what you are saying but you are one of very minority.

The fact is that most trin churches focus on their own doctrines and disregard Jesus' word by saying your works cannot save you. This is their beef.

It is all about popularity to gain or keeping their church members.

They disregard how they are misrepresenting Jesus to the world.

It is tragedy.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
That is literally what every single one of you says. :yawn: Please cut to the quick and join your local mosque.

No thanks. I will remain with the promised seed of Abraham, and not have anything to do with Ishmael who despised and persecuted, he who was born according to the promise of God according to the workings/power of the Holy Spirit See Galatians 4: 29; Amplified version.

You can continue to prostrate yourself to the god of Ishmael and Esau, if you so choose, but not I.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I posted in your last thread about how much I agree with you that we should not go to war because Jesus demonstrated to us that war is not the way to live in His kingdom.

Did you know that Jesus was anointed to be the Christ? Did you know that the first step in establishing his kingdom is war?

Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations as He fights in the day of battle. (Zechariah 14:3)​

What will be the result?

And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. (Zechariah 14:12)​

Why?

You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land so that the nations may know Me when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes. (Ezekiel 38:16)​

What is the purpose for all this?

"I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains," says the Lord God. "Every man’s sword will be against his brother. And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself and I will be known in the eyes of many nations.

Then they shall know that I am the LORD." (Ezekiel 38:21-23)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Note: The term "mountains" is the scriptural symbol for nations.

Also, it will be a war between brothers; Isaac and Ishmael were brothers.

The Arab nations against the nations of Israel.

CherubRam

Here are the words of the Lord Jesus:

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

Besides that, in the first chapter of John's first epistle the Lord Jesus is referred to as "Eternal Life":

"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us" (1 Jn.1:1-2).​

Therefore, when we read these following words later in the same epistle we can be sure that the Lord Jesus is God:

"We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life"
(1 Jn.5:20).​

Yes, he gives them eternal life by leading them to the Father who grants immortality.

CherubRam

Note: The term "mountains" is the scriptural symbol for nations.

Also, it will be a war between brothers; Isaac and Ishmael were brothers.

The Arab nations against the nations of Israel.
The Seven Hills of Rome
Quirinal Hill
Aventine Hill
Capitoline Hill
Palatine Hill
Ancient Rome
Esquiline Hill
Caelian Hill
Viminal Hill
I find no scriptures that imply that the mountains are nations.

Tnkrbl123!

Yes, he gives them eternal life by leading them to the Father who grants immortality.

John 10:25-30 echoes this very same verse in 1 John "Jesus answered, “I have told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name testify to me; but you do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep. My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand. What my Father has given me is greater than all else, and no one can snatch it out of the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.”

Jesus tells them here directly that HE gives eternal life. Does He not? And also Jesus says directly that "I and the Father are One." doesn't He?