My God

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus tells them here directly that HE gives eternal life. Does He not? And also Jesus says directly that "I and the Father are One." doesn't He?

But who resurrects them?

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. (Romans 8:11)​

Tnkrbl123!

But who resurrects them?

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. (Romans 8:11)​
the Father did, but Jesus is also one with the Father so Jesus had the power to raise Himself but He became flesh and modeled the perfect life for us and we s humans cannot do anything without the Father (who is one with Jesus) and so Jesus modeled the way we are to depend on God from birth to Resurrection. I'm sorry I am not the best at putting my thoughts into words but can you see what I'm saying here?

Tnkrbl123!

Did you know that Jesus was anointed to be the Christ? Did you know that the first step in establishing his kingdom is war?

Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations as He fights in the day of battle. (Zechariah 14:3)​

What will be the result?

And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. (Zechariah 14:12)​

Why?

You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land so that the nations may know Me when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes. (Ezekiel 38:16)​

What is the purpose for all this?

"I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains," says the Lord God. "Every man’s sword will be against his brother. And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself and I will be known in the eyes of many nations.

Then they shall know that I am the LORD." (Ezekiel 38:21-23)​
in all of those verses it says that GOD is the one who uses the sword not us. But if you want to go into this topic fully I would be glad to but we should start a new thread to talk about it because I have a lot that I can say on it but I don't think this thread is the appropriate place because it goes way off topic lol. SO if you want we can do that.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
in all of those verses it says that GOD is the one who uses the sword not us. But if you want to go into this topic fully I would be glad to but we should start a new thread to talk about it because I have a lot that I can say on it but I don't think this thread is the appropriate place because it goes way off topic lol. SO if you want we can do that.

Go for it, it might be interesting.

But a wife should support her husband in whatever he does in the Lord.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, he gives them eternal life by leading them to the Father who grants immortality.

You overlook the fact that here the Apostle John is saying that the Lord Jesus is God:

"We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​

Tnkrbl123!

You overlook the fact that here the Apostle John is saying that the Lord Jesus is God:

"We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​
No I am agreeing that in 1 John 5:20 the Apostle John who knew Jesus very well because He was around Jesus for all 3 years of HIs ministry and saw all of the miracles Jesus did, more than were recorded in the Bible, and who was there for His death and resurrection and met with Jesus after His resurrection. The Apostle John who heard Jesus teach for 3 years and who was a friend of Jesus say that Jesus is God in this verse.
But then I said that John 10:25-30 echoes that verse in a way but quotes Jesus directly.

John 10:25-30. "Jesus answered, “I have told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name testify to me; but you do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep. My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand. What my Father has given me is greater than all else, and no one can snatch it out of the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.”

Jesus tells them here directly that HE gives eternal life. Does He not? And also Jesus says directly that "I and the Father are One." doesn't He?

Tnkrbl123!

Go for it, it might be interesting.

But a wife should support her husband in whatever he does in the Lord.

Agreed! That is why I have not married yet lol. I will choose my husband very very carefully and make sure he is a man who lives a life pleasing to God so that I can trust and support him with no worries :)

CherubRam

You over look the fact that those who do the translating make mistakes in translation.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]My God My God[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 22:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My[/FONT][FONT=&quot] God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 27:46[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And about the ninth hour Yahshua cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Foot note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Matthew 27:46[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Some manuscripts Eloi, Eloi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 20:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yahshua said, “Do not cling to me, for I have yet to ascend to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark 15:34[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And at the ninth hour Yahshua cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Additional comments.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 10:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, my God.’” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 3:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 3:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited:

S-word

BANNED
Banned
[FONT="]My God My God[/FONT][/B][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Psalm 22:1[/FONT][/URL][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]My[/FONT][/B][FONT="] God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+27:46&version=KJV"][FONT="]Matthew 27:46[/FONT][/URL][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]And about the ninth hour Yahshua cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? that is to say, [B]My[/B] [B]God[/B], [B]my[/B] [B]God[/B], why hast thou forsaken me? [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Foot note:[/FONT][/B][FONT="] [/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+27+&version=NIV#en-NIV-24176"][FONT="]Matthew 27:46[/FONT][/URL][FONT="] Some manuscripts Eloi, Eloi[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+20:17&version=NIV"][FONT="]John 20:17[/FONT][/URL][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]Yahshua said, “Do not cling to me, for I have yet to ascend to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to [B]my Father[/B] and your Father, to [B]my God[/B] and your God.’”[/FONT]
[URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+15:34&version=KJV"][FONT="]Mark 15:34[/FONT][/URL][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]And at the ninth hour Yahshua cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, [B]My God, my God[/B], why hast thou forsaken me? [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Additional comments.[/FONT][/B]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+10:7&version=NIV"][FONT="]Hebrews 10:7[/FONT][/URL][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, [B]my God[/B].’” [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+3:2&version=NIV"][FONT="]Revelation 3:2[/FONT][/URL][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of [B]my God.[/B] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+3:12&version=NIV"][FONT="]Revelation 3:12[/FONT][/URL][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of [B]my God[/B]. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of [B]my God[/B] and the name of the city of [B]my God[/B], the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from [B]my God[/B]; and I will also write on them my new name.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]

Rev 3: 21; To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me on my throne, just as I have been victorious and now sit by my Father on his throne.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
My God My God
Spoiler

Psalm 22:1
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Matthew 27:46
And about the ninth hour Yahshua cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Foot note:Matthew 27:46 Some manuscripts Eloi, Eloi

John 20:17
Yahshua said, “Do not cling to me, for I have yet to ascend to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Mark 15:34
And at the ninth hour Yahshua cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Additional comments.

Hebrews 10:7
Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, my God.’”

Revelation 3:2
Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God.

Revelation 3:12
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

" And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. " John 17:5 (KJV)