My God

CherubRam

And the Lord confirmed that name in Matthew 16:18 (KJV). How many times is "Peter" found in the New Testament? Every single time it's written, in confirms what the Lord confirmed.
Only non-Catholics think that the Church "glorifies" Peter. He is an afterthought; first and foremost it is the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit, and then Mary is honored as our model of Christian faith, and only then, Peter.

Simon called Peter

Matthew 4:18
[ The Calling of the First Disciples ] As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen.

Matthew 10:2
These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John;…

Mark 3:16 NIV
These are the twelve he appointed: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter…)

KJV of Mark 3:16. And Simon he called Peter. Strong’s Greek. #1941, Epikaleoi: call-ed.

Luke 6:14
Simon (whom he named [call-ed] Peter), his brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew,… Strong’s Greek. #1941, Epikaleoi: call-ed.

Acts 10:5
The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter.

Acts 10:32
Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He is a guest in the home of Simon the tanner, who lives by the sea.'

Acts 11:13
He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, 'Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter.

Matthew 16:17. Jesus [Yahshua] replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on [this/that] [rock/Rock] I will build my [congregation] church,...

NASB
Mat 4:18 Now as Jesus [Yahshua] was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.

Simon already had the nick name [Peter/Rock] before Yahshua met him. Therefore Yahshua did not name him Rock, but was only calling him by his nick name. That would mean that Yahshua was speaking of the Father being that Rock, which is used often in scriptures. It's like saying, I call you by you nick name Rock, but upon THAT Rock [The Father] I will build my congregation. The word [church] is not scriptural.

This parable in scripture Should have been translated as: "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on The Rock. (God) The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on The Rock." (God)

Yahwah being That Rock. Yahwah is called The Rock many times in scriptures.
Did Yahshua want the Congregation to be built upon God The Rock, or Simon whom he called Peter?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yahshua did not name him Rock, but was only calling him by his nick name. That would mean that Yahshua was speaking of the Father being that Rock, which is used often in scriptures. It's like saying, I call you by you nick name Rock, but upon THAT Rock [The Father] I will build my congregation.
That's not how Matthew 16:18 (KJV) reads.
Did Yahshua want the Congregation to be built upon God The Rock, or Simon whom he called Peter?
He said, "You are the Rock, and upon this Rock I will build."

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Simon called Peter

Matthew 4:18
[ The Calling of the First Disciples ] As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen.

Matthew 10:2
These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John;…

Mark 3:16 NIV
These are the twelve he appointed: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter…)

KJV of Mark 3:16. And Simon he called Peter. Strong’s Greek. #1941, Epikaleoi: call-ed.

Luke 6:14
Simon (whom he named [call-ed] Peter), his brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew,… Strong’s Greek. #1941, Epikaleoi: call-ed.

Acts 10:5
The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter.

Acts 10:32
Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He is a guest in the home of Simon the tanner, who lives by the sea.'

Acts 11:13
He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, 'Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter.

Matthew 16:17. Jesus [Yahshua] replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on [this/that] [rock/Rock] I will build my [congregation] church,...

NASB
Mat 4:18 Now as Jesus [Yahshua] was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.

Simon already had the nick name [Peter/Rock] before Yahshua met him. Therefore Yahshua did not name him Rock, but was only calling him by his nick name. That would mean that Yahshua was speaking of the Father being that Rock, which is used often in scriptures. It's like saying, I call you by you nick name Rock, but upon THAT Rock [The Father] I will build my congregation. The word [church] is not scriptural.

This parable in scripture Should have been translated as: "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on The Rock. (God) The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on The Rock." (God)

Yahwah being That Rock. Yahwah is called The Rock many times in scriptures.

Excellent.

It was God who revealed to Peter that Jesus was the Christ.

God is the beginning and end of Jesus Christ.

CherubRam

That's not how Matthew 16:18 (KJV) reads.
He said, "You are the Rock, and upon this Rock I will build."

Simon already had the nick name [Peter/Rock] before Yahshua met him. Therefore Yahshua did not name him Rock, but was only calling him by his nick name. That would mean that Yahshua was speaking of the Father being that Rock, which is used often in scriptures. It's like saying, I call you by you nick name Rock, but upon THAT Rock [The Father] I will build my congregation.

Matthew 4:18New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Calls His First Disciples

18 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen.

Lon

If it's a gift, why did you try to buy it?
:doh: You know, hillbilly is as hillbilly does. There are times I think you apt to learn and times I think you spent a lot of times in the principals office. Even you had to learn to read the bible. You weren't born with reading skills. Teaching is a gift that comes after that. You have to be a learner first. Learning isn't listed as a gift. It is a command.

And yes I consider it a gift when the Spirit actually teaches me. :)

Your constant one-up one-liners speak otherwise. You are way more proud of your ignorance than I am of my education, and you know how fond I am of it. Wasn't it you that said you wish you could have gone? Is that it? Is this all simply a bit of envy? Well forgive me. I learned to 'serve' not hold it over you. Ask any time you like. -Lon

S-word

BANNED
Banned
You need to do a deeper study of the bible. Jeremiah 8:8
“‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? /// Daniel 8:12
Because of rebellion, the LORD’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.[scriptural truth]

Rome canonized the scriptures, and the Hellenist also made changes. ///
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Jude 1:4. Because you are unaware that certain men have sneaked in, who are of a ancient order to their condemnation...

Jude 1:4.

πάλαι pálai, pal'-ahee; palai denotes "long ago, of old," Heb 1:1, RV, "of old time" (AV, "in time past"); in Jude 1:4,
Long time, Old time, Ancient order.
Jeremiah 11:9
Then the Lord said to me, “There is a conspiracy among the people of Judah and those who live in Jerusalem.

Acts 6:9
Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called)—Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia—who began to argue with Stephen.

According to the Acts of the Apostles, the Synagogue of the Libertines (e.g. KJV, Wycliffe Bible) or Synagogue of the Freedmen (e.g. NKJV, NRSV) were a group of Hellenistic Jews who disputed with Saint Stephen (Acts 6:9).

The Freedmen were a secret society of Hellenistic Jews.

And why wouldn't anyone who was familiar with the Holy Scriptures dispute everything that Stephen said.

Stephen, a Greek speaking Jew, of who it is said, was filled with the Holy Spirit, who had been dragged before the Jewish authorities by Saul, in defence of his faith before being stoned to death, stated in acts 7: 4, that it was after Terah HAD DIED that his son Abraham obeyed God’s command and went to live in the land of Canaan. But the record in Genesis makes it plain that after Terah had turned 70 not 75 or 80, he became the father of Abraham, Nahor, and Haran, and that Abraham was 75 when he travelled to Canaan, leaving his father with his younger brother “Nahor,” and that his father died 60 years later at the age of 205. Stephen‘s word’s here are seen to be untrue.

Stephen who was filled with the Holy Spirit also states in Acts 7: 15-17, that Abraham bought the grave site for Sarah in the land of Shechem from Hamor, whereas Genesis 23: shows that Abraham bought the grave site from Ephron the Hittite at Machpeleh east of Mamre, which is way to the south of Shechem. Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

It is also said by Stephen in the same verses, that Jacob and his sons were buried at Shechem, when in fact, it was only the remains of Joseph which was buried there, see Joshua 24: 32. Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

Jacob and his other sons were buried at Mamre and concerning the burial of Jacob, it is written in genesis 50: 13, “They carried the body of Jacob to Canaan and buried it in the cave at Machpelah east of Mamre in the field which Abraham had bought from Ephron the Hittite.” Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

CherubRam

And why wouldn't anyone who was familiar with the Holy Scriptures dispute everything that Stephen said.

Stephen, a Greek speaking Jew, of who it is said, was filled with the Holy Spirit, who had been dragged before the Jewish authorities by Saul, in defence of his faith before being stoned to death, stated in acts 7: 4, that it was after Terah HAD DIED that his son Abraham obeyed God’s command and went to live in the land of Canaan. But the record in Genesis makes it plain that after Terah had turned 70 not 75 or 80, he became the father of Abraham, Nahor, and Haran, and that Abraham was 75 when he travelled to Canaan, leaving his father with his younger brother “Nahor,” and that his father died 60 years later at the age of 205. Stephen‘s word’s here are seen to be untrue.

Stephen who was filled with the Holy Spirit also states in Acts 7: 15-17, that Abraham bought the grave site for Sarah in the land of Shechem from Hamor, whereas Genesis 23: shows that Abraham bought the grave site from Ephron the Hittite at Machpeleh east of Mamre, which is way to the south of Shechem. Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

It is also said by Stephen in the same verses, that Jacob and his sons were buried at Shechem, when in fact, it was only the remains of Joseph which was buried there, see Joshua 24: 32. Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

Jacob and his other sons were buried at Mamre and concerning the burial of Jacob, it is written in genesis 50: 13, “They carried the body of Jacob to Canaan and buried it in the cave at Machpelah east of Mamre in the field which Abraham had bought from Ephron the Hittite.” Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

Interesting, but off topic.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:doh: You know, hillbilly is as hillbilly does. There are times I think you apt to learn and times I think you spent a lot of times in the principals office. Even you had to learn to read the bible. You weren't born with reading skills. Teaching is a gift that comes after that. You have to be a learner first. Learning isn't listed as a gift. It is a command.

I reckon I can always learn a little more of what the definition of command is.:thumb:

Your constant one-up one-liners speak otherwise. You are way more proud of your ignorance than I am of my education, and you know how fond I am of it. Wasn't it you that said you wish you could have gone? Is that it? Is this all simply a bit of envy? Well forgive me. I learned to 'serve' not hold it over you. Ask any time you like.

Wouldn't it have been more honest to say, I count my ignorance as dung.

Whether it be my Hillbilly ignorance or your High Fallutin' education which both equal the same thing?

Course I learn from my trail out of the wilderness but that does not mean my trail is was any less in the wilderness than yours.

Last edited:

Lon

I reckon I can always learn a little more of what the definition of command is.:thumb:

Wouldn't it have been more honest to say, I count my ignorance as dung.

Whether it be my Hillbilly ignorance or your High Fallutin' education which both equal the same thing?

Course I learn from my trail out of the wilderness but that does not mean my trail is was any less in the wilderness than yours.

Well yeah. Let's not disdain one another then. I may yet hold my education up for inspection, but I 'thought' you and I had pressed beyond it. I actually respect your grasp of scriptures from the wilderness as it were. Sometimes we are going to clash upon the foundations of our studies. I don't think you have to slam what I paid over the matter? In Him -Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well yeah. Let's not disdain one another then. I may yet hold my education up for inspection, but I 'thought' you and I had pressed beyond it. I actually respect your grasp of scriptures from the wilderness as it were. Sometimes we are going to clash upon the foundations of our studies. I don't think you have to slam what I paid over the matter? In Him -Lon

You seem to believe you have to have high level of equation to follow Jesus.

It is obvious most church goers' goal is not to obey Jesus' teachings.

They shy away from Jesus' word, and I know it is true especially for Calvinists.

Jesus' word don't need much education to follow. His teaching is clear and simple.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Guilty as charged.

I'll try to refrain from pickin' yer scabs.

Remember, I'm sayin' I'll try. ;)

Reactions: Lon

Lon

Guilty as charged.

I'll try to refrain from pickin' yer scabs.

Remember, I'm sayin' I'll try. ;)
Thanks. I don't generally see it as necessary discussion anyway. Notice I don't bring up my education where you are concerned, specifically because I remember you saying you wish you could have. It is a point of mutual appreciation at that point. In the future, however, we are not going to agree so I'll continue to give scriptures and small pieces for contemplation of the rebuttal. I am convinced Jesus is God. It IS on faith rather than logic, though I do think it logical as well. Too many scriptures give the Lord Jesus Christ a place of worship and we are only to worship one God. Because of that, I'm literally forced to the triune position. No other position can satisfy those scriptural demands as far as I understand scriptures. I at least appreciate when another has the same deep conviction over this particular clash. For me, it is a crucial doctrine because of it. My scriptural understanding demands it. -Lon