My God

KingdomRose

This is why JWs no longer have me on their visit list.

Hey, I was not quoting "our" Bible. I quoted the New American Standard Bible, so why do you level your meanness at JWs? It is easy to see that many versions of the Bible do NOT say that "God" was manifested in the flesh.

You don't like the NASB version?

And you don't like the New American Bible (the official Catholic Bible)? It says: "Undeniably great is the mystery of devotion, WHO was manifested in the flesh..."

Or the New International Version? "Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: HE appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit..."

Or the Revised English Bible? "And great beyond all question is the mystery of our religion: HE was manifested in flesh..."'

I could go on. You aren't really into examining the Bible, are you? You have something about Jehovah's Witnesses, and you pounce on them for any perceived variation from what you will accept. I didn't mention JWs in my post, but quoted another version of the Bible besides the KJV, that had nothing to do with publishing by JWs, and you came down on JWs! Really, it reveals how serious you are about studying what is true in the Bible and what is not.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hey, I was not quoting "our" Bible. I quoted the New American Standard Bible, so why do you level your meanness at JWs? It is easy to see that many versions of the Bible do NOT say that "God" was manifested in the flesh.

You don't like the NASB version?

And you don't like the New American Bible (the official Catholic Bible)? It says: "Undeniably great is the mystery of devotion, WHO was manifested in the flesh..."

Or the New International Version? "Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: HE appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit..."

Or the Revised English Bible? "And great beyond all question is the mystery of our religion: HE was manifested in flesh..."'

I could go on. You aren't really into examining the Bible, are you? You have something about Jehovah's Witnesses, and you pounce on them for any perceived variation from what you will accept. I didn't mention JWs in my post, but quoted another version of the Bible besides the KJV, that had nothing to do with publishing by JWs, and you came down on JWs! Really, it reveals how serious you are about studying what is true in the Bible and what is not.

You really oughta pluck out one a them eyeballs, darlin'.:)

CherubRam

Trinitarianism in Judaism is a sin punishable by death. Trinitarianism has never been a belief in Judaism. Trinitarianism was introduced into Christianity by Gnostic Pagans.

Joshua 22:22
“The One Mighty God, Yahwah! The One Mighty God, Yahwah! He knows! And let Israel know! If this has been in rebellion or disobedience to Yahwah, do not spare us this day.

Psalm 50:1
A psalm of Asaph. The One Mighty God, Yahwah, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to where it sets.

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father ? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Malachi 2:15
Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

Romans 3:30
since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Messiah Yashua, for whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Messiah Yashua,…

James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

CherubRam

God is not a man

God is not a man: In Numbers 23:19; "God is not a man..." defies the possibility that Yahshua The Messiah is God. The text states that: Yahwah is not an ("iys / man) that He should lie, nor the son of (Adam / Man")...

Malachi 3:6
I (the LORD / Yahwah) do not change...

Hosea 11:9
I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you.

Psalm 80:17
Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.

Matthew 26:64
"Yes, it is as you say," Yahshua replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Matthew 22:41
41While the Pharisees were gathered together, Yahshua asked them, 42"What do you think about the Messiah ? Whose son is he?" "The son of David," they replied. 43He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'lord'? For he says, 44" 'The Lord said to my lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet." 45If then David calls him 'lord,' how can he be his son?"

Matthew 1:1
[ The Genealogy of Yahshua the Messiah ] This is the genealogy of Yahshua the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Matthew 1:20
But after he had considered this, an (angel/ messenger) of (the Lord / Yahwah) appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:27
to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David.

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

John 13:16
Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

John 14:28
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Philippians 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Messiah Yahshua: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
That word "equal" could be translated in other words, such as, "equated," or "counted," or "equality."And the word robbery can translate as "obtainable." If Yahshua states that "The Father is greater than I" and refers to his Father in prayer as "You, the only true God," in (John 17:3.) It's kind of obvious that he's not equal to the one who sent him. "God exalted him," he did not exalt himself !

Here is an alternate reading of Philippians 2:6. Who being in the form of God did not think equality with God as obtainable.

God is the name of no one because it is a title. There are many gods, real, or imagined. Scholars insert the article "a" whenever they think it should apply. God, or, a god. All of the sons of God are gods because they have life immortal. Yahshua said he was a son of God, so therefore he was a god. Nowhere in scripture does Yahshua ever say he is the Father or Holy Spirit, whom the Father is the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit also being a name title and not a personal name. Yahwah informs us of only one personal name for Himself, and that name is Yahwah.

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you. That is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That means the Roman Catholic Church....it got its start right in among the first Christians by twisting Scripture. That is what is being brought out.
How do you justify twisting the Scripture where the Lord Jesus promises to build His Church upon "the Rock" Peter and that she will never succumb to the gates of Hell? And then, according to you and all your ilk, she immediately fell into---according to you, re: the Trinity---fatal apostasy and blasphemy?

IMMEDIATELY. Christ's promise immediately failed, according to you. Twisting Scripture indeed.

KingdomRose

How do you justify twisting the Scripture where the Lord Jesus promises to build His Church upon "the Rock" Peter and that she will never succumb to the gates of Hell? And then, according to you and all your ilk, she immediately fell into---according to you, re: the Trinity---fatal apostasy and blasphemy?

IMMEDIATELY. Christ's promise immediately failed, according to you. Twisting Scripture indeed.

Poor guy. You have missed so much by ignoring various posts. It has been explained that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ROCK, not Peter. The true church of Jesus Christ is not the bulwark of traditions of demons--- the RCC. What did Jesus say? "Thou art Peter. And upon this rock I will build my church." Who is "this rock"? Your false sons of the Kingdom (Matt.13) say "Peter." The Bible says "Christ" himself.

"And all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ." (I Corinthians 10:4, NASB)

How about Jesus referring to HIMSELF when he said he would build his church upon the rock?

"Coming to him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For this is contained in Scripture: 'Behold, I [God] lay in Zion a choice stone, a precious corner stone, and he who believes in him will not be disappointed.' [Was he talking about Peter?] This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, 'The stone which the builders rejected [Christ], this became the very corner stone,' and 'a stone of stumbling and a ROCK of offense.'" (I Peter 2:4-8, NASB)

Peter wasn't singled out anywhere in that passage. The disciples were all also "living stones," to be built up as a spiritual house. And who was the center of attention---the main stone or ROCK? It wasn't Peter.

Christ's promise did not fail. There were always true Christians in the world, but few compared to the big fat Roman Church that was indeed on the broad way leading to destruction (Matt.7:13). The only twisting of Scripture is being done by you and your cohorts. I have shown you who the true "Rock" is.

Lon

$40,000 in education fees and they didn't teach you that verse has been altered?

Like my dad used to say, "did yuh feel sumpthin' hit yuh in the butt when yuh left"?

"It was yer change."

:sigh:

You posted this verse.

I'll take college over ignorance. Study to shew thyself approved. I'm not asking you to depend on us that did. We are responsible for our own knowledge or ignorance. It is not a bad idea to listen to others who have been working at it however. I'll never understand why someone is against 2 Timothy 2:15 -Lon

CherubRam

Yes, and Simon Peter was named "ROCK" BY JESUS.

IDIOT!
According to scriptures Simon had the name Rock before Christ met him. Also, would Christ want to glorify the Father, or Simon?

Our Rock
Genesis 49:24
But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,...

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock
, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

Deuteronomy 32:15
Jeshurun grew fat and kicked; filled with food, they became heavy and sleek. They abandoned the God who made them and rejected the Rock their Savior.

Deuteronomy 32:18
You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.

Deuteronomy 32:30
How could one man chase a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the Lord (Yahwah) had given them up?

Deuteronomy 32:31
For their rock is not like our Rock, as even our enemies concede.

1 Samuel 2:2
“There is no one holy like the Lord (Yahwah); there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

2 Samuel 22:2
He said: “The Lord (Yahwah) is my Rock, my fortress and my deliverer;

2 Samuel 22:3
my God is my Rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me.

2 Samuel 22:32
For who is God besides the Lord (Yahwah)? And who is the Rock except our God?

2 Samuel 22:47
“The Lord (Yahwah) lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior!

2 Samuel 23:3
The God of Israel spoke, the Rock of Israel said to me: ‘When one rules over people in righteousness, when he rules in the fear of God,

Psalm 18:2
The Lord (Yahwah) is my Rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my Rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:31
For who is God besides the Lord (Yahwah)? And who is the Rock except our God?

Psalm 18:46
The Lord (Yahwah)lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!

Psalm 19:14
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord (Yahwah), my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 28:1
To you, Lord (Yahwah), I call; you are my Rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who go down to the pit.

Psalm 31:2
Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my Rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

Psalm 31:3
Since you are my Rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

Psalm 42:9
I say to God my Rock, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?”

Psalm 62:2
Truly he is my Rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Psalm 62:6
Truly he is my Rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 62:7
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty Rock, my refuge.

Psalm 71:3
Be my Rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my Rock and my fortress.

Psalm 78:35
They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer.

Psalm 89:26
He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.’

Psalm 92:15
proclaiming, “The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”

Psalm 94:22
But the Lord has become my fortress, and my God the Rock in whom I take refuge.

Psalm 95:1
Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord (Yahwah); let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

Psalm 144:1
Praise be to the Lord (Yahwah) my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Isaiah 17:10
You have forgotten God your Savior; you have not remembered the Rock, your fortress. Therefore, though you set out the finest plants and plant imported vines,...

Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the Lord (Yahwah) forever, for the Lord (Yahwah), the Lord (Yahwah) himself, is the Rock eternal.

Isaiah 30:29
And you will sing as on the night you celebrate a holy festival; your hearts will rejoice as when people playing pipes go up to the mountain of the Lord (Yahwah), to the Rock of Israel.

Isaiah 44:8
Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

Isaiah 51:1
“Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord (Yahwah): Look to the Rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn;

Habakkuk 1:12
Lord (Yahwah), are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, you will never die. You, Lord (Yahwah), have appointed them to execute judgment; you, my Rock, have ordained them to punish.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
According to scriptures Simon had the name Rock before Christ met him.
And the Lord confirmed that name in Matthew 16:18 (KJV). How many times is "Peter" found in the New Testament? Every single time it's written, in confirms what the Lord confirmed.
Also, would Christ want to glorify the Father, or Simon?
Only non-Catholics think that the Church "glorifies" Peter. He is an afterthought; first and foremost it is the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit, and then Mary is honored as our model of Christian faith, and only then, Peter.