Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Rufus Wainright

Vibrate
Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk
Oh What a World
Grey Gardens
Going to Town (whatever you think of his perspective it's an amazing song)
Across the Universe (I prefer his to the original)
Dinner at Eight
Poses
Sanssouci
Tiergarten

SaulToPaul 2

Top Five Beach Boys

1. God Only Knows--brilliant melodically and lyrically conflicted. What's not to love?

2. Wouldn't It Be Nice--an optimistic smile when you're young and a bitter sweet one when you're older.

3. Good Vibrations--an all time summer feel good song for the beach.

4. Don't Worry Baby--beautiful chorus captures something poignant.

5. I Can Hear Music--a surprising, sans Wilson, love anthem by that fun loving bunch of fifty year old kids...

Sloop John B became a favorite of mine after Forrest Gump came out.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Top Ten ELO

1. Can't Get it Out of my Head--not their best known, but a song that by itself would justify the existence of a band. Terrific melody.

2. Evil Woman

3. Ma Ma Bell

4. Mr. Blue Sky

5. Telephone Line

6. Living Thing

7. Do Ya

8. Strange Magic

9. Showdown

10. Rockaria

What about "Hold On Tight"?

That's one of my favorite ELO songs, even though I have no idea what they are saying during the part of the song that is in French.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Top Ten ELEVEN albums, in no particular order:

1. Thrice, The Illusion of Safety
2. City and Colour, The Hurry and the Harm
3. Queen, Greatest Hits, because my favorite songs are spread across several albums.'Somebody to Love, Fat Bottomed Girls, and B Rhap are three favorites.
4. Slayer, God Hates Us All. lol... sorry folks. :eek:
5. The Phantom of The Opera, original cast.
6. Thrice, Artist In the Ambulance
7. Bad Religion's Christmas Album(Oh the Irony...:crackup:)
8. Turnpike Troubadors, Diamonds and Gasoline
9. Frank Sinatra... any album, compilation, whatever. I love Sinatra.
10. Dustin Kenrue, Please Come Home
11. Between the Buried and Me, Colors. (Possibly the most brilliant metal album ever.)

Honorable mention: Megadeth, Rust In Peace. The Accused, Grinning Like an Undertaker. Rent, Original Cast. The Sound of Music, duh. Handel's Messiah.

PureX

I was having a discussion with some friends on Facebook the other day about how vinyl records are still popular, and that it's because the 'imperfections' are as important to the song as the relative "perfection" is.

Someone posted this performance (on an unrelated page) and I found that what I really liked about this version is, in fact, it's 'imperfection'. This rendering of the song is a little bit 'loose'. The instruments and voices are not exactly in sync. The tones of the various instruments are just slightly 'off'. And yet it's exactly these imperfections that make it exciting for me, and more 'real', somehow, than the original.

Does anyone else hear any of this? … Know what I'm talking about?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There was an old block of a cheesy tv show on the retro channel, Hart to Hart, and I was busy doing my version of Mystery Science Theater to it when, on the second episode in I started singing an altered version of Heart to Heart as the theme song. Well, my child bride didn't know the song, so I found it for her and Jack, who was curious about the "awful, awful song"...I'd forgotten how high and light Loggins brought it in the day. Looking back it's hard to miss what never occurred to me then. Kenny Loggins was the white Michael Jackson.

:think: Okay, the other one then.

SaulToPaul 2

There was an old block of a cheesy tv show on the retro channel, Hart to Hart, and I was busy doing my version of Mystery Science Theater to it when, on the second episode in I started singing an altered version of Heart to Heart as the theme song. Well, my child bride didn't know the song, so I found it for her and Jack, who was curious about the "awful, awful song"...I'd forgotten how high and light Loggins brought it in the day. Looking back it's hard to miss what never occurred to me then. Kenny Loggins was the white Michael Jackson.

:think: Okay, the other one then.

yes, Loggins was an underrated pop singer....probably because he didn't look cool or outrageous like others in the 80s

My favorite of Loggins, "This Is It".