Mom writes "goodbye" letter to baby she is about to abort

oatmeal

Genesis 2:7

When did Adam become a living soul?

What does it mean when people use the expression, "he took his last breath"?

alwight

How would you know? What's your guideline?
Probably from a similar place as you, inside my head, mental processes, reasoned conclusions, although I at least can accept that I make my own choices while you seem to think that they are made for you by God and that you would deviate at your peril. :shocked:

bybee

Probably from a similar place as you, inside my head, mental processes, reasoned conclusions, although I at least can accept that I make my own choices while you seem to think that they are made for you by God and that you would deviate at your peril. :shocked:

You may be misjudging her. I believe she means that God has set a moral standard and we are free to follow it or not.
The moral standards set by man can be capricious and variegated.

alwight

You may be misjudging her. I believe she means that God has set a moral standard and we are free to follow it or not.
In a reasonably rational democratic society I think that general moral standards become somewhat reflected in civil law.
They remain because they work reasonably well, but we are not particularly free to pick and choose as individuals.
Godly morality however is rather more likely to change depending on who claims to know the mind of God most convincingly, imo.;)

bybee

In a reasonably rational democratic society I think that general moral standards become somewhat reflected in civil law.
They remain because they work reasonably well, but we are not particularly free to pick and choose as individuals.
Godly morality however is rather more likely to change depending on who claims to know the mind of God most convincingly, imo.;)

That is to say who wields the most powerful sword?

whitestone

well,I guess we all agree the letter was addressed to the baby in heaven,and that it was hopefully not stamped return to sender and sent to Hell,,,but then it is a "goodbye letter",,,,,,

IMJerusha

You're just ignoring Him. That's not quite the same thing as getting by without. You have no clue what He's doing on your behalf throughout your life.

IMJerusha

Got that right! And with that law written on his heart, he doesn't really understand that in following it, he's following God. Oops!

whitestone

exactly,,,,here on earth we fight to explain the right to life OR NOT,,we feel it is correct to justify our position,,,,,we just beg to differ if the aborted babies should have the right to "abort their parents from heaven",,1stcor. 6;3,,,,,,"SHOULD THEY HAVE THE SAME RIGHT THAT WE FEEL IS REASONABLE"?,,,

whitestone

dear mom,,,,

I am in heaven now,and have never been in the carnal world. I because you decided you did not want me was not tempted by the things of the earth. I am in a peculiar spot,,,if you decided not to live with me in the world,and aborted me,should I respect your wishes and cast you out of heaven so you don't have to live with me here?,,,

signed "LOVE,YOUR BABY!!!!!!",,,,,,,,

quip

BANNED
Banned
Because I am fully cognizant of my belief in Him. You, on the other hand, don't seem to know why you do the things you do or don't do them.

You don't make moral choices based upon reason and a community of interest ..... justice, humanity, compassion, humility, peace and empathy toward fellow man?

If so, so does alwight..he simply doesn't require a divine mental crutch to reach the same moral conclusion as you.

If not, then....:darwinsm:

IMJerusha

You don't make moral choices based upon reason and a community of interest ..... justice, humanity, compassion, humility, peace and empathy toward fellow man?

If so, so does alwight..he simply doesn't require a divine mental crutch to reach the same moral conclusion as you.

If not, then....:darwinsm:

We make moral choices based upon the Law that God wrote on our hearts the response to which is not a crutch but evidence of God at work in our lives; the very God he ignores.