Mean TOL members

beanieboy

It's rather interesting that I don't start threads about homosexuality. christians do. And then when I respond, I am attacked.

And you are surprised that I would respond?

It's a trap. It's dishonest, really. It's on countless threads, and from what I see on TOL, should make up at least 30% of the Bible.

But why stop by condemning homosexuals? Why not go threaten people going to temple? They don't acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God, the unrepentant sinners! Are people who are Muslim? Scream in their face. Very effective. And hindis? Tell them they are going to hell, and then add a couple of "well, y'are"s to it. Very effective. Stand outside of bars, and yell, "Drunkards! Unrepentant drunkards!" I'm sure it will make you feel superior.

Yesterday, I decided to try out the Poly method.
Be a jerk to people, mock them, respond with "Wahhhh, Baby want her bottle" to see how effective it was.

The result?
Poly got angry.
She stopped responding.
She got defensive.

So, the "being mean because I love you" approach can sometimes actually build more walls than bridges. And it isn't Christ-like.

Christ told the rich man to go and sell all he had and follow him. The man walked away sad. He had stuff to think about.
But Jesus didn't say, "Hey, do it or else!" He didn't say, "You make me vomit, you sack of poo!" He didn't say, "You are going to hell!"

He offered the choice, and backed off.

I can't imagine Jesus saying, "Hey, you skanky, unrepentant whore! Mind if I sit and eat with you?"

I can't imagine Jesus saying to someone, "You aren't going to change? Well, I've just eaten bread with you! Well, screw you, you pile of puke!"

Jesus was God, and yet, he humbled himself to the level of sinners.

It seemed to work much better than being a jerk for Jesus.

Your choice. Your karma.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
smaller,
Why do you justify beanieboy in a "lifestyle" that leads to disease and early death? Do you really hate him so much? Or does he matter to you at all?

smaller

BANNED
Banned
I am awaiting your confession of SINLESSness Nin. Before we can discuss it I must be assured that you are in fact SINLESS and a part of my group.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Now Nin, you KNOW I am waiting for your declaration of FAITH that Jesus has cleansed YOU from EVERY sin.

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by philosophizer

There's a difference between struggling and not repenting.

So tell me from what sins Beanieboy needs to repent, but is ignoring it?

Homosexuality is not the question, because it lacks any socio-cultural ground in today's world. We can accept the fact that God condemned it in OT, because it violated the rule of fertility. With nowadays demographics we hardly can believe that God condemns it even today.

The only sin i know of is smoking. Beanieboy admitted it in another thread and said that he is struggling with that. I know what it means, because i have been smoking since age 7 until i got saved in age 16. And even afterwards there has been couple of gloomy years when i falled into the sin again. Thank God, i havent touched it for 12 months already.

But if you insist that being gay is still Beanieboy's sin, then we have no common ground for further discussion about it, because one of us thinks it's sin and another thinks not so.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by smaller

Now Nin, you KNOW I am waiting for your declaration of FAITH that Jesus has cleansed YOU from EVERY sin.

smaller, I am accustomed to your inability to answer simple questions. Let me help you. On philo's thread you claim to know God calls homoism an abomination. Paul asked: Do we continue in sin so grace might abound? His answer was no, we don't. I am sorry to see you offer beanieboy a false sense of security, not only in the afterlife, but right here on earth. If you know something is wrong according to God Himself, and you are aware it leads to an early death or disease, why on earth you would keep them in such a thing is beyond me. Unless of course you hate him or really just don't care.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Yeah CoP, and MURDER is no longer a sin either. That has surely passed away from today's culture as a SIN right?

beanieboy

Originally posted by Nineveh

If Poly is judging wrongly, she will answer to the same God beanieboy will. The difference is, she has the covering of Christ and can stand before the Mighty and Righteous God. Beanieboy has only his works to cover himself with. An unrepentant homosexual covered in his abominations vs a repentant follower of Christ, so tell me folks, which shoes would you rather be in on that day?

: tries on Poly's shoes:

What does beanieboy want? To be left alone in his sin at best, to shut up the Gospel at worst. What does Poly want? To see beanieboy look to Christ for his righteousness.

Poly wants me to be under her control.
She wants me to believe exactly as she does, and I don't, so she throws a temper tantrum like a 2 yr old, cause she can't have her way.

Then she handpicks verses to show how justified she is in preaching the vengence and hatred of God, while ignoring the rest.

You think God is going to be down with that?

I spend a lot of time in prayer. I prayed last night for Poly, for God to soften her heart. I prayed for God to take away the anger I had for Poly's hurtful behavior. Lately, something has been telling me to go to Africa to work with people with AIDS.

I read the Bible, but I interpret differently.
Jesus cursed the fig tree that bore no fruit.
He also chastised those who claimed to know him but did not feed him, clothe him, take care of him in sickness...

He talked a lot about what you are supposed to do.

So Poly can tell me I'm going to hell all she wants.
She isn't God, but acts like she is.

I understand this. I was there at one time too. I used to be very condemning of other people. It's human nature.

But now I am in a different place. If Satan has led me to look for insight in all religions, is leading me to Africa to help the sick, is leading me to daily prayer...

Well, then we are definitely worshipping different Gods.

Chileice

Originally posted by beanieboy

It's rather interesting that I don't start threads about homosexuality. christians do. And then when I respond, I am attacked.

And you are surprised that I would respond?

It's a trap. It's dishonest, really. It's on countless threads, and from what I see on TOL, should make up at least 30% of the Bible.

But why stop by condemning homosexuals? Why not go threaten people going to temple? They don't acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God, the unrepentant sinners! Are people who are Muslim? Scream in their face. Very effective. And hindis? Tell them they are going to hell, and then add a couple of "well, y'are"s to it. Very effective. Stand outside of bars, and yell, "Drunkards! Unrepentant drunkards!" I'm sure it will make you feel superior.

Yesterday, I decided to try out the Poly method.
Be a jerk to people, mock them, respond with "Wahhhh, Baby want her bottle" to see how effective it was.

The result?
Poly got angry.
She stopped responding.
She got defensive.

So, the "being mean because I love you" approach can sometimes actually build more walls than bridges. And it isn't Christ-like.

Christ told the rich man to go and sell all he had and follow him. The man walked away sad. He had stuff to think about.
But Jesus didn't say, "Hey, do it or else!" He didn't say, "You make me vomit, you sack of poo!" He didn't say, "You are going to hell!"

He offered the choice, and backed off.

I can't imagine Jesus saying, "Hey, you skanky, unrepentant whore! Mind if I sit and eat with you?"

I can't imagine Jesus saying to someone, "You aren't going to change? Well, I've just eaten bread with you! Well, screw you, you pile of puke!"

Jesus was God, and yet, he humbled himself to the level of sinners.

It seemed to work much better than being a jerk for Jesus.

Your choice. Your karma.

Is it not a sad commentary that the most Christian of responses comes from one who claims to follow Buddha. As for Poly being covered by the blood of Jesus... is she? She sounds like an unrepentant sinner willfully abusing people in the name of the Lord. Will Jesus say "well done" or will he say, "away from me for I never knew you". Accepting Christ is not saying magic words. I think there are many who have said "Lord, Lord" and are lost.

The sin that Jesus most attacked was self-righteousness. He came to save sinners, not those who were "healthy" in their own eyes. I feel bad for Poly because I believe she is being deceived
by people who are leading her astray. I am sur that inside there are many good qualities that God wants to use, but that are hidden behind a mask of false bravado. I imagine she has many fears that need to be dealt with and it is easier to attack than to look to your own heart and ask God for help. I hope you do Poly. I hope that for Nineveh as well. I hope Beanie repents and opens his whole heart to Jesus and realizes His sacrifice was for him.

Although it shouldn't blow my mind, it does, that no one responded to my previous post on page 7. Folks, real life is lived out there in the real world with real people, not screaming obsenities and insults into cyber-space. Bye for now.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by smaller

Yeah CoP, and MURDER is no longer a sin either. That has surely passed away from today's culture as a SIN right?

I'm sorry you don't want to see beanieboy out of his perverse deathstyle, smaller. It's sad you won't even take a minute to tell him how God really feels about his acts. Your type of love could possibly lead to beanieboy getting diseases and costing him years off his life. That is a sort of love I want no part of. I don't want to see beanieboy become a statistic on the alter of perversity.

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Poly wants me to be under her control.
She wants me to believe exactly as she does, and I don't, so she throws a temper tantrum like a 2 yr old, cause she can't have her way.

I see Poly reaching out to a sick individual telling him about the Cure.

Then she handpicks verses to show how justified she is in preaching the vengence and hatred of God, while ignoring the rest.

You try to twist the Law into saying something other than God loaths your deathstyle. You are ignoring God's Law, not Poly.

I read the Bible, but I interpret differently.
Jesus cursed the fig tree that bore no fruit.
He also chastised those who claimed to know him but did not feed him, clothe him, take care of him in sickness...

And He also damns those not written in His Book of Life.

So Poly can tell me I'm going to hell all she wants.
She isn't God, but acts like she is.

She cares enough about you to warn you away from your perverseness and toward the Savior.

I understand this. I was there at one time too. I used to be very condemning of other people. It's human nature.

The difference being, righteous judgement using God's Law vs being merely "judgemental".

But now I am in a different place. If Satan has led me to look for insight in all religions, is leading me to Africa to help the sick, is leading me to daily prayer...

Well, then we are definitely worshipping different Gods.

I have no doubt about that.

My God wants you to repent and turn from your perversion. He sent His Son to pay the price for the sin you have commited against Him and others. If you reject Jesus, you reject Life.

beanieboy

Originally posted by lighthouse

I told him. Guess what? He ignored me.

Originally posted by lighthouse

beanieboy-
You are not a repentant sinner. You have no room to talk. So, shut up!

A. I did respond, Einstein. I can't help it if you didn't see it.

B. First you say, "Guess I told him" because you believe that I didn't respond. Then you tell me to shut up because I am unrepentant.

Catch 22.

Your arrogance shows that you are unrepentant. Jesus never treated people like this. I can't help it if you miss those parts of the bible.

beanieboy

I see Poly reaching out to a sick individual telling him about the Cure.
You try to twist the Law into saying something other than God loaths your deathstyle. You are ignoring God's Law, not Poly.
And He also damns those not written in His Book of Life.
She cares enough about you to warn you away from your perverseness and toward the Savior.
The difference being, righteous judgement using God's Law vs being merely "judgemental".
I have no doubt about that.
My God wants you to repent and turn from your perversion. He sent His Son to pay the price for the sin you have commited against Him and others. If you reject Jesus, you reject Life.

But it is my choice.
Your choice has left you angry, vendictive, self righteous, and self exhalting. And you never repent of it.

I don't want to be like that.
So I reject your religion.

On the one hand, you want me to believe in your blood thursty God, and repent.

Then have the government kill me.

Sorry. You are wacked out of your mind.

I don't listen to crazy Joe screaming on the corner that the End is Near.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

But it is my choice.
Your choice has left you angry, vendictive, self righteous, and self exhalting. And you never repent of it.

Yes. It is your choice to reject Christ. Do you understand you will live forever without God?

Any righteousness I have has been imparted to me by Jesus Christ. I don't rely on myself or my works to attain righteousness. I leave the "self righteousness" up to those who are compelled to define their own morals to justify their unrepentant sins.

I don't want to be like that.
So I reject your religion.

I'm sorry you don't want to be saved :( You need to know, it's not "my religion" you are rejecting, any religion I may or may not have won't save you, only Christ can do that.

On the one hand, you want me to believe in your blood thursty God, and repent.

Then have the government kill me.

If this nation had kept sodomy against the law, I serously doubt you would be so willing to offer your life on the alter of sex as you are now. But once again, I will point out, homosexuals are the leading cause of homosexual death.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Much closer to the truth.

Pretty "judgemental" there beanieboy, I thought you gave all that up ? You don't seem to be afraid to judge, it's a pity you are merely "judgemental" instead of being able to "judging rightly".

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Re: Mean TOL members

Originally posted by Poly

There are some really mean people on this board. They don't care enough about unbelievers to warn them of the destruction that awaits them. They lie to them and lead them down the wrong path saying such things as "God loves everybody".

As mean as I am, even I don't stoop that low. If you read this, God hates you. See how nice I am?

servent101

Sibbie
quote:
Originally posted by philosophizer

That's the point: hypocracy of unrepentance. Not disgust at sin.

Great point, philo! I truly wish others like servent101 and beanieboy could see that.

Possibly we would both agree with this
as originally posted by adajos

So, is the Bible contradicting itself then about how we are to deal with sinners? No. I think the overall idea that should be understood is that there is a time and a place for loving sinners and a time and place for dealing with them harshly.

This is my problem with Enyarts' "Nicer Than God" stuff. He takes one aspect of Christ, the fact that He could be harsh in some circumstances, and extrapolates too much from that. He could also be kind to sinners. As a result you end up having people on this board feeling godly and righteous because they call a somebody else a disgusting queer who makes them want to puke. That's just wrong. And the worst thing is, they think that is being loving.

And to add - some people are able to do this - and it works, others try to do this and it only makes matters worse - where in the Bible do you read that all people need to do this - in real life a lot of people who try to call sinners to the mat, only make matters worse - and it is more difficult for people who can by a gift of the Spirit to call people to repentance.

Where is your concern for your effective use of your time, did you ever consider to take your nose out of the Bible and see if you are doing any good? - And possibly you are doing more harm? - but No it appears not so - you just bash people with the bible - (bible in one hand, club in the other and it is like a thrill to you - you people make me sick.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

beanieboy

Yes. It is your choice to reject Christ. Do you understand you will live forever without God?

Any righteousness I have has been imparted to me by Jesus Christ.

Righteousness? I have yet to see it, you smug, arrogant jerk.

The way you are now, I want to live forever without you. That is why I reject your bloodthirsty God. Because of you. I don't want to spend eternity with people that act like they are holier than thou, then when called on it, claim that it is Jesus within them. I don't want to spend eternity that say hate is love, and love is hate. I don't want to spend eternity with people that want to kill off all gay people. If you represent God, I want nothing to do with him. How many times do I need to say this? It's you that I am rejecting.

You can explain that to God while I'm playing chess with Gandhi.