Mean TOL members

Chileice

Originally posted by Chileice

Keep your accounts clear:

Don't borrow money you can't pay back,
Don't make promises you can't keep,
Don't make threats you aren't going to follow through with.:nono:

Life is faaaar tooo short to fill it with hatred.

A young boy, ten years old, lies on life support.

His brain is dead.

His parents wanted nothing to do with our Christianity, but he accepted Christ in front of our house when my wife shared with him about Jesus about a year ago. Last Sunday he was singing at church (we don't go to that church, we moved to another city) and his teacher said he was singing so loud and so happy to know Jesus.

Yesterday he had a cerebral hemmorage and the doctors did emergency surgery but now he is dead. When the pull the life support, we will drive four hours to the funeral and we will hug his mom and dad and shed tears with them and love them and cry with them. We will not tell them what evil sinners they are or tell them they are going to hell. We won't because we love them.

We WANT them to come to know the Saviour their boy is now with. Can you understand what I am trying to say? Does anyone get it? Had we cursed them or forsaken them we would have no opportunity to minister to them. Life is SOOOOOO short. Why spend it in hatred? I hope at least one person will go away from this thread with a new attitude. O God, I pray.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by adajos

I would like to see Poly, Sibbie, or Lucky respond to post 50 and 52 on this thread. They got lost in the flood of posts.
I'll start working on the responses. :cattyfan:

Lucky

Hall of Fame

By the way, Poly, do you tell overweight people who aren't repentant that you are disgusted by their vile and disgusting sinful acts of gluttony and that you can't wait until they are condemned to hell? Perhaps calling them "fatties" and "tubs of lard" will make them repent of their sins and come to Christ. Or do you reserve this sort of behavior only for the sins you pick and choose?
Adajos, I think your post (#50) is at least worthy of a response from who it was addressed to. I'm really not sure if I disagree that much to attack it dead on. Balance is good.

I'd especially like to see what Poly's response to the above excerpt will be.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Poly,

That's right---Christ called them foul names from a distance while emphasizing how they made him want to puke and repeatedly told them they were damned until they repented, and once they repented then He dined with them. (Heavy Sarcasm)

C'mon now, that's bunk. You have any evidence to substantiate your claim that He only ever associated with sinners after they repented?
Did Zacheus continue to take more taxes than he should? No, he went around paying people what he owed and then some.

Jesus told Mary Magdelene to "Go and sin no more". Apparently it was important to Him that she repent. Was she repentant? Do you really think that one who isn't repentant, blatently continuing in her perversions, is going to have the audacity to sit at the feet of Jesus, washing them with her tears? Tears come with repentance.

By the way, Poly, do you tell overweight people who aren't repentant that you are disgusted by their vile and disgusting sinful acts of gluttony and that you can't wait until they are condemned to hell? Perhaps calling them "fatties" and "tubs of lard" will make them repent of their sins and come to Christ. Or do you reserve this sort of behavior only for the sins you pick and choose?
If one is a glutton, and has the kind of haughty and proud spirit toward God as most homos do, hating Him and responding in such a manner as "I don't care what God says about taking care of my body. I know better than He does. There's nothing wrong with being a glutton no matter what God says." then yes, this person needs to be shown that he is wrong and should repent of his attitude.
Are overweight people proud of this? Do they flaunt it in the face of God? No
The same, usually, cannot be said of a homosexual.

Last edited:

adajos

Poly,

Did Zacheus continue to take more taxes than he should? No, he went around paying people what he owed and then some.

I don't remember Christ calling Zaccheus derogatory names prior to his repentance however. Or talking about how much he disgusted him.

Jesus told Mary Magdelene to "Go and sin no more". Apparently it was important to Him that she repent. Was she repentant? Do you really think that one who isn't repentant, blatently continuing in her perversions, is going to have the audacity to sit at the feet of Jesus, washing them with her tears? Tears come with repentance.

Of course repentance is important. What evidence have you that she already had repented and thus Christ treated her lovingly rather than that Christ treated her lovingly and then she repented? You can't know which it was.

What say you to this:

Matthew 9:9-12
9As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.
10While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. 11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[1] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

So what evidence do you have from this passage that Matthew repented prior to Jesus dining with him at his house?

If Matthew and the tax collectors were already repentant, then they were no longer "sick and in need of a doctor" as Jesus described them.

You can try to explain away Christ's association with sinners all you want, but the fact of the matter is that He did, and they weren't always repentant prior to His association with them.

If one is a glutton, and has the kind of haughty and proud spirit toward God as most homos do, hating Him and responding in such a manner as "I don't care what God says about taking care of my body. I know better than He does. There's nothing wrong with being a glutton no matter what God says." then yes, this person needs to be shown that he is wrong and should repent of his attitude.
Are overweight people proud of this? Do they flaunt it in the face of God? No
The same, usually, cannot be said of a homosexual.

As Greg Boyd said in church this past Sunday, "All sin misses the mark". In other words, all sin is implictly an act of pride. You put yourself above God's rules. Gluttons are rebelling against God's rules as surely as homosexuals. Every time they bring their fork to their mouth they are rubbing their sin in God's face (to borrow your terminology, Poly).

So you're talking about arbitrary degrees of pridefulness between homosexuals and gluttons that is found nowhere in the Bible. Those random degrees of pridefulness that you have thought up doesn't give you the go-ahead to treat one group like filth and coddle the other group.

Just to let everyone know I'm not advocating treating gluttons or homosexuals like dirt. I'm demontrating absurdity by being absurd.

okinrus

Poly, wickedness is loving sin, even reaching for sin; where as the term sinner can mean someone who sins but tries not to. The term "sitill in their sins" can apply to a sinner who is enslaved unwillingly into his own sins, while wickedness is willful cooperation with Evil. Note also that wickedness generally creeps upon those who are still in their sins through pride, and those who are still in their sins are in danger. But by being too harsh on homosexuals, you may be only further inducing other sins such as anger brought by feelings of inferiority and further separation from people who are within Christ.

Many homosexuals, I think, are not wicked but trapped by lust. Lust can be defeated by love, and the family, but expecting homosexuals to replace Lust with emptyness and hollow threats will be self-defeating.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lucky

Does it really matter to you? It's not like you would actually change your ways if someone told you "God is love" and "God loves sinners." (Who would?) Excuses, excuses, excuses...
I told him. Guess what? He ignored me.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy-
You are not a repentant sinner. You have no room to talk. So, shut up!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gerald

Izzat so? Where do they hang out?

I haven't run into a Christian yet who didn't scream "NOT IN THE FACE!!! NOT IN THE FACE!!!" when confronted with a real fight...
Maybe you shoud try running into me, sometime. If you're going to hit me, I don't care where you hit me, just as long as you understand you're going to get hit, too.

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by lighthouse

beanieboy-
You are not a repentant sinner. You have no room to talk. So, shut up!

Neither are you repentant sinner. Thanks for your confessions in those boards we read that you still struggle with your sins. So either shut up! or let the other sinners to speak too!

Nuff said!

philosophizer

Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

Neither are you repentant sinner. Thanks for your confessions in those boards we read that you still struggle with your sins. So either shut up! or let the other sinners to speak too!

Nuff said!

There's a difference between struggling and not repenting.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by philosophizer

Whoa, careful Poly! It doesn't say anywhere that the woman in that chapter was Mary Magdelene.
oops! My bad! :thumb:

Ok, the "woman" :eek: :D

Nineveh

Merely Christian
If Poly is judging wrongly, she will answer to the same God beanieboy will. The difference is, she has the covering of Christ and can stand before the Mighty and Righteous God. Beanieboy has only his works to cover himself with. An unrepentant homosexual covered in his abominations vs a repentant follower of Christ, so tell me folks, which shoes would you rather be in on that day?

: tries on Poly's shoes:

What does beanieboy want? To be left alone in his sin at best, to shut up the Gospel at worst. What does Poly want? To see beanieboy look to Christ for his righteousness.

Righteousness:
1. acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin

Poly fits that definition, she has chosen Christ, who is the Only One who can impart righteousness to sinners and cleans them by His blood.

Definition 2. a : morally right or justifiable

This is where those who are still steeped in sin fall into the definition. They are often found twisting the Righteous Ways of God to fit their world view and "justify" their own sin by their own "moral standard".

So in reality, those who defy the Word of God in favor of their own justification for sin are the self righteous among us, while those who seek Jesus Christ are justified by Him alone.

There are only two options:
1. The Law convicts and shows a need for repentance.
2. The Law is twisted to avoid being convicted and negating the need to repent.

If you decide on option 2, you have chosen to live under the law you are breaking and will be judged by, you have chosen your own self righteousness. Nice? No, I can't see anything nice about it, but that is the reality.

CryTears

BANNED
Banned
Re: Mean TOL members

Originally posted by Poly

There are some really mean people on this board. They don't care enough about unbelievers to warn them of the destruction that awaits them. They lie to them and lead them down the wrong path saying such things as "God loves everybody".

Psalm 5:5 "...Thou hatest all workers of iniquity"
Psalm 11:5 "The Lord trieth the righteous but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hates."

Another lie they tell is that "God hates the sin but loves the sinner".
Matthew 12:35 "A good man, out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things."
Matthew 15:11 "What comes out of the mouth defiles a man"

I often see people say that all sins are the same. But there are some sins that God really puts extra emphasis on in showing just how much he hates it such as when He refers to homosexuality as an abomination. (Leviticus 18:21-23)

It is clear that some sins are greater than others.

John 19:11 "Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin"

Luke 12: 46-48 "the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more."

Many members appear to be loving but according to Romans 12:9, they are hypocrites.

Why would some people want to be so mean? I realize that a lot of the time it is done out of ignorance but some know that they should be more bold in speaking against wickedness but being liked by others and not offending is more important to them than truth. They want to be liked by believers as well as non-believers regardless of the fact that, according to Jesus, if you follow Him you will be hated.
Matthew 10:22 "And you will be hated by all men for my name's sake."

This post is similar to a big wide Spring Wind on a sunny day.
All the debris is carried away and the field is left with the pretty wheat. A spring cleaning, fresh.
Some people would give their kids milk money away just to be "nice".

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Greetings Nin
If Poly is judging wrongly, she will answer to the same God beanieboy will. The difference is, she has the covering of Christ and can stand before the Mighty and Righteous God. Beanieboy has only his works to cover himself with. An unrepentant homosexual covered in his abominations vs a repentant follower of Christ, so tell me folks, which shoes would you rather be in on that day?

Well of course. Poly is sinless. It is MUCH EASIER for her to STAND ON HER OWN righteousness eh?

Hating beaieboy is WHAT GOD COMMANDS right?
: tries on Poly's shoes:

How bout's joins Poly's SINLESS GOD ACTIVATORS CLUB?
What does beanieboy want? To be left alone in his sin at best, to shut up the Gospel at worst. What does Poly want? To see beanieboy look to Christ for his righteousness.

Well isn't that the TRUTH...
Righteousness:
1. acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin

Poly fits that definition, she has chosen Christ, who is the Only One who can impart righteousness to sinners and cleans them by His blood.

Why of COURSE. Poly has INITIATED and EFFECTUATED the SPIRIT of the LIVING GOD who of course without POLY'S HELP is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS.
Definition 2. a : morally right or justifiable

This is where those who are still steeped in sin fall into the definition. They are often found twisting the Righteous Ways of God to fit their world view and "justify" their own sin by their own "moral standard".

And we know that POLY's righteousness is FAR ABOVE that of any common homosexual.
So in reality, those who defy the Word of God in favor of their own justification for sin are the self righteous among us, while those who seek Jesus Christ are justified by Him alone.

Well of course. These later like YOU and POLY have been successful in TOTALLY ERADICATING your sins by YOUR ACTIVATING of the MOST HIGH God. This has resulted in your SINS being completely TAKEN AWAY, never to be heard from again.
There are only two options:
1. The Law convicts and shows a need for repentance.
2. The Law is twisted to avoid being convicted and negating the need to repent.

Well we know for a CERTAINTY that the SINLESS ONES are KEEPING THE LAW in every single jot and tittle. How proud you must be of your "achievements."
If you decide on option 2, you have chosen to live under the law you are breaking and will be judged by, you have chosen your own self righteousness. Nice? No, I can't see anything nice about it, but that is the reality.

Yes you HEATHEN. Activate God and BECOME SINLESS today. What is WRONG with you.

enjoy!

smaller