May I ask...

Hoping

Banned
you agree with some scripture and twist the rest to fit "your" narrative
these two passages are from two different dispensations but you mash them into one ,
and from that you don't understand what happened in the new testament
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?
Rom 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.
Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."
it really is simple and there is a precedent , just like Abraham had two covenants there are two dispensations in the new testament
A testimony requires the death of the testator. (Heb 9:16)
Which two deaths are your NT testaments based on?
Abraham had a covenant by faith and no works of any kind (like we have now)
and had a covenant by faith + works\ circumcision (which was the plan before Israel was cast away )
It was the plan, until Jesus fulfilled the old plan.
Jesus is the sacrifice of the new covenant with the Jews
(Matthew 26:28) for this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed on behalf of many for remission of sins.
Not just the Jews, but for everyman who submits to God.
Mid Acts Dispensation to Paul salvation apart from the Jews
the Jews did not all repent , they have been cast away temporarily until the fullness of the gentiles
Gentile believers have no more than Israeli believers have.
Your mid Acts dispensation is simply believers vis-s-vis unbelievers.
see that the 12 apostles never took their gospel to the whole world
Straw man argument.
Peter took it to the Gentiles first, and almost all the apostles died in foreign lands spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.
instead Jesus raised up Paul to go to the gentiles with a new dispensation with the same sacrifice
Paul was instrumental in the dissemination of the NT to the Gentiles and foreign Jews, but that was after Peter had already encountered Cornelius, and others, including Philip in Acts 8, had journeyed through Samaria and other places.
They all had the same Holy Spirit for guidance.
What works of the Law did Peter or Philip demand of the Gentiles on their missions?
same gospel different rules
I feel it is you who has added "rules" to Jewish faith and conversion.
(Galatians 1:6-7)
[6] I marvel that you so soon are being moved away from Him who called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel, [7] which is not another,
It was the same gospel already being preached everywhere.
you say that like you understand faith without works , but you clearly do not understand
sorry Jesus didn't write the bible they way you think he should've
judging by appearance is a sin , not righteous judgement
(John 7:24) Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Sometimes appearance is a just way to judge, when one has the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Jesus seemed to think so, when He described the garments of the Pharisees and scribes.
do you know what sin is ?
When Jesus said not to do something then doing that something is a sin
I agree with John, who wrote in 1 John 5:17..."All unrighteousness is sin:..."
Abraham lied about his wife
What was the lie?
David committed adultery and had Uriah killed
Yep.
sin of unbelief
Can you find "sin of unbelief" somewhere in scripture?
Why would unbelief matter to someone who will be destroyed for a multitude of other sins?
it's a sin because you are to receive Jesus not reject Jesus
A deeper shade of black?
You said earlier.
Even though there was no Law against sinning...???
17] But now it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.
Are you not as glad as I am that what Paul cited from his pre-conversion life had been eclipsed by "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus" in Rom 8:2 ?
so you're not a Christian , just a religious person
Christians fit James' description of "pure religion".
James 1:27..."Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
Love God, love neighbor.
do you not have the Holy Spirit that confirms your adoption
(Romans 8:15) For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption by which we cry, Abba, Father!
Yes, I do...thanks for asking.
so you confuse a symbolic death with your actual physical death
I have found that those preaching a symbolic death never act like James' pure Christians.
They all seem to keep committing sins.
Why?
Because they never actually died to sin.
you're wrong on so many things , who do you follow because they're leading you astray ?
but you pretend that you don't sin even tho you admit to sinning by judging by appearance .
"It is permanent, until you"
I have admitted nothing of the sort.
can't be pre conversion
Does Rom 8:2 eclipse Rom 7:23?
if it was past tense as you suggest then Paul is saying he was never responsible for his sin ,
Historical-past.
A narrative of a former time, of the past.
And I don't know where you got that idea.
only understood from the perspective about his current condition at the time of writing
(Romans 7:15-17) [15] For that which I do, I know not. For what I desire, that I do not do; but what I hate, that I do. [16] If then I do that which I do not desire, I consent to the law that it is good. [17] But now it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.
Sin doesn't dwell in those made righteous by Christ.
no, adherence to the Law looks like employment .

salvation employment or family

you:
employment
you have faith in the employer God
you receive the job by grace (did not earn it)
but you have to do works to keep the job (salvation)

Mid Acts Dispensation:
family
you have faith in God
you receive adoption by grace
you receive Christ righteousness which covers all your sins
family its permanent

you said you agree with scripture but now you disagree
(II Timothy 3:16) Every scripture is inspired by God

no Jesus didn't ignore the Law , he wrote the Laws and kept the Law but understood how what he wrote had been corrupted

example:
(Matthew 15:4-7) [4] For God commanded, saying, "Honor your father and mother"; and, "He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him die by death." [5] But you say, Whoever says to his father or mother, Whatever you would gain from me, It is a gift to God; [6] and in no way he honors his father or his mother. And you voided the commandment of God by your tradition. [7] Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,

you are told not to judge by appearance but you try and excuse your sin the same way , you think your sin is righteous
and I'm guessing this analogy is going to go over your head

(II Timothy 3:16) Every scripture is inspired by God
I agree with scripture.
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

no , you keep the Law and are not saved unless you endure to the end ,
me , I'm adopted by faith

Rom 4:20 No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God,
Rom 4:21 fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.
Rom 4:22 That is why his faith was "counted to him as righteousness."
Rom 4:23 But the words "it was counted to him" were not written for his sake alone,
Rom 4:24 but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord,
Rom 4:25 who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

and had a covenant by faith + works\ circumcision (which was the plan before Israel was cast away )

that is what Jesus said to the Jews under the Law
(Matthew 24:13) But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved

but Paul's Mid Acts Dispensation has adoption
(Romans 8:15) For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

and you're not sinless either .

when are going to admit you still sin ?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The scripture, Acts 10:15, doesn't mention people at all.
Though people, and Gentiles inparticular, are the theme of the visitation from God's voice, only foods were actually mentioned...by God.
Peter, by the gift of the Holy Ghost obviously, took it to the next step at Cornelius' home.
Their "cleansing" occurred in verse 47, when Peter said..."Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
The cleansing was of past sins.
No. They were made clean in the way which foods were made clean. This means the Old Testament Torah, which Peter was devoted to, wasn't in effect anymore.

They still had to physically clean their physical food, with water, before eating ... for safety. That's Baptism. Ezekiel 36:25 But there was not a way before the New Covenant to make a pork chop clean, you know? And Peter knew this. This is why he says and I quofe, "Not so, Lord!" You can't make a pork chop clean by baptizing it. It was made clean because of a change in the Law. That's what the book of Hebrews is all about.

Hoping

Banned
No. They were made clean in the way which foods were made clean. This means the Old Testament Torah, which Peter was devoted to, wasn't in effect anymore.
Show me from the OT how foods were cleaned.
Foods were either clean or unclean since the Jews were taught in Lev. 11.
Even from the time of Noah's ark, (Gen 7), folks knew what was clean or unclean.
Pig meat could not "be made clean".
I agree with you though, on the "end of the Torah" bit.
They still had to physically clean their physical food, with water, before eating ... for safety.
I can't remember that from my OT readings.
Where is it?
That's Baptism.
WHAT ?
Ezekiel 36:25
Show where God "sprinkled water" on anyone or thing.
It was figurative, not literal.
But there was not a way before the New Covenant to make a pork chop clean, you know? And Peter knew this. This is why he says and I quofe, "Not so, Lord!" You can't make a pork chop clean by baptizing it.
This is written..."But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean." (Acts 10:14)
You seem to have missed the entire point of the vision.
I am glad Peter didn't.
He took the message of no more "unclean foods" and applied it to Gentiles.
To the glory of God, and His grace.

DAN P

Hi.
May I ask what is the main draw of mid-Acts-dispensationalism?
Is there something about it that other sects are missing out on?
What/where is the profit in following it?
man would now be saved by grace you are having been saved through faith and this ( not / ov is a disjuncative particle , negative , and it means nottttttttttttt ever by works .

only Paul was seperated / phorizo which means limited to preach God's gospel .

his mission was to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery .

All grace believers works are to be built on the foundation that Paul setup , 1 Cor 3:10 to receive a reward .

and it is only Paul that says how a person enters the b o c , 1 Cor 12:13 , is just part of why I am a dispensationalist .

also there are no priests in the b o c , because we are in Christ , his eyes , his hearing, in 1 Cor 12:12-22

and we will govern God's universe and govern angels , 1 Cor 6:2 and 3 .

dan p

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
man would now be saved by grace you are having been saved through faith and this ( not / ov is a disjuncative particle , negative , and it means nottttttttttttt ever by works .
Not by the works "of the Law of Moses".
only Paul was seperated / phorizo which means limited to preach God's gospel .
I think many were preaching God's gospel by the time Paul turned from sin.
his mission was to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery .
The mystery written of in Col 1:27 ?
"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:"
All grace believers works are to be built on the foundation that Paul setup , 1 Cor 3:10 to receive a reward .
Grace believers?
Aren't we supposed to be believing in Jesus as the Son of God?
and it is only Paul that says how a person enters the b o c , 1 Cor 12:13 , is just part of why I am a dispensationalist .
Rom 6 presents how we "enter' the body of Christ".
"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" (Rom 6:3)
also there are no priests in the b o c , because we are in Christ , his eyes , his hearing, in 1 Cor 12:12-22
That's an odd take-away from those verses, though not untrue
and we will govern God's universe and govern angels , 1 Cor 6:2 and 3 .
We have to get there before we can start ruling.
BTW, the scrip' says "judge", not "rule"

I'll continue to concentrate on loving God with all my heart and strength, and loving my neighbors as I love myself, before worrying about what comes after the day of judgement.

Thanks for adding your thoughts.

Idolater

Show me from the OT how foods were cleaned.
There are just categories. If a food is in the unclean category ---- that's it!
Foods were either clean or unclean since the Jews were taught in Lev. 11.
Even from the time of Noah's ark, (Gen 7), folks knew what was clean or unclean.
Pig meat could not "be made clean".
I agree with you though, on the "end of the Torah" bit.
It had served its purpose. What purpose was there for God to ever be a racist, or a Semitic supremacist? Well His Son had to become something. So it was either going to be random, or God was going to choose. He chose the Hebrews, Israel ---- Abraham.
I can't remember that from my OT readings.
Where is it?
It was a joke. The ceremonial washings were all fulfilled in Christ and replaced with a single washing, Baptism, which can wash Hebrews and Gentiles alike.
A washing. The category is washings. There are baths, showers, and even baptisms in the category of washings. And also cleaning your food, washing your veggies of dirt or soil, washing your meats, washing your fruits. These are all in the category of various types or kinds of washings. Washing your clothes. Washing your dishes. Again washings. Baptism is a washing.
Show where God "sprinkled water" on anyone or thing.
It was figurative, not literal.
(Ezekiel 36:25) Sounds like Baptism to me.
This is written..."But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean." (Acts 10:14)
You seem to have missed the entire point of the vision.
I am glad Peter didn't.
He took the message of no more "unclean foods" and applied it to Gentiles.
To the glory of God, and His grace.
" ... You can't make a pork chop clean by baptizing it. It was made clean because of a change in the Law. That's what the book of Hebrews is all about."

You're acting like I didn't even write that.

Hoping

Banned
There are just categories. If a food is in the unclean category ---- that's it!

It had served its purpose. What purpose was there for God to ever be a racist, or a Semitic supremacist? Well His Son had to become something. So it was either going to be random, or God was going to choose. He chose the Hebrews, Israel ---- Abraham.

It was a joke. The ceremonial washings were all fulfilled in Christ and replaced with a single washing, Baptism, which can wash Hebrews and Gentiles alike.

A washing. The category is washings. There are baths, showers, and even baptisms in the category of washings. And also cleaning your food, washing your veggies of dirt or soil, washing your meats, washing your fruits. These are all in the category of various types or kinds of washings. Washing your clothes. Washing your dishes. Again washings. Baptism is a washing.

(Ezekiel 36:25) Sounds like Baptism to me.

" ... You can't make a pork chop clean by baptizing it. It was made clean because of a change in the Law. That's what the book of Hebrews is all about."

You're acting like I didn't even write that.
You have gotten too confusing to follow.

DAN P

Not by the works "of the Law of Moses".

I think many were preaching God's gospel by the time Paul turned from sin.

The mystery written of in Col 1:27 ?
"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:"

Grace believers?
Aren't we supposed to be believing in Jesus as the Son of God?

Rom 6 presents how we "enter' the body of Christ".
"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" (Rom 6:3)

That's an odd take-away from those verses, though not untrue

We have to get there before we can start ruling.
BTW, the scrip' says "judge", not "rule"

I'll continue to concentrate on loving God with all my heart and strength, and loving my neighbors as I love myself, before worrying about what comes after the day of judgement.

Thanks for adding your thoughts.
What about the , you can judge rule in 1 Cor 5:1-5 and we see the power that was given the apostle Paul in verses 3 and 4 .

dan p

Hoping

Banned
What about the , you can judge rule in 1 Cor 5:1-5 and we see the power that was given the apostle Paul in verses 3 and 4 .

dan p
Do you have a question regarding Paul's judging?
He had the right to call a spade a spade.
Adulterers, or any sinners, are not in the body of Christ.

way 2 go

A testimony requires the death of the testator. (Heb 9:16)
so who died in the old testament ?
the Mid Acts dispensation unfolded after Stephens death at the hands of Saul (Jesus is the testator )
Which two deaths are your NT testaments based on?
that would be 2 dispensations
just like Abraham had 2 covenants

It was the plan, until Jesus fulfilled the old plan.
so what's the plan now ?
Not just the Jews, but for everyman who submits to God.

Gentile believers have no more than Israeli believers have.
Your mid Acts dispensation is simply believers vis-s-vis unbelievers.
so you just Ignore that Jesus was only sent to Israel

Straw man argument.
Peter took it to the Gentiles first, and almost all the apostles died in foreign lands spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.
yes Peter was shown the transition as was Phillip of the Mid Acts dispensation but it was given to Paul to minister and write the books on it

Peter before the Jews were cast away expected Jesus to return right away
as the Jewish believers sold all that they had by the leading of the Holy Spirit in anticipation of Jesus return

Paul was instrumental in the dissemination of the NT to the Gentiles and foreign Jews, but that was after Peter had already encountered Cornelius, and others, including Philip in Acts 8, had journeyed through Samaria and other places.
They all had the same Holy Spirit for guidance.
What works of the Law did Peter or Philip demand of the Gentiles on their missions?
look at that you can see the change too
right after Stephen was killed , guess that's your testator , NO he wasn't

same gospel different dispensation

[6] I marvel that you so soon are being moved away from Him who called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel, [7] which is not another,

BTW 👆 is to you
you were called you into the grace of Christ but are now trying to earn salvation
I feel it is you who has added "rules" to Jewish faith and conversion.
you apparently don't know how Judaism works
first it was by heritage with circumcision and keeping the Law
and proselytes had to be circumcised which is what Jewish Christians wanted gentiles to do

(Acts 15:1) And certain ones who came down from Judea taught the brothers, saying , Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.
It was the same gospel already being preached everywhere.
Sometimes appearance is a just way to judge, when one has the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Jesus seemed to think so, when He described the garments of the Pharisees and scribes.
you're not God and even God dose not judge by appearance

how you dress doesn't determine your heart
everyone knows the name of a richman but Jesus remembered the name of the poor person
(Luke 16:19-20) [19] And there was a certain rich man; and he was accustomed to don a purple robe and fine linen, making merry in luxury day by day. [20] And there was a certain poor one named Lazarus who had been laid at his porch, being plagued by sores,
I agree with John, who wrote in 1 John 5:17..."All unrighteousness is sin:..."
and yet you continue sinning by judging by appearance

What was the lie?
really ?
Yep.

Can you find "sin of unbelief" somewhere in scripture?
Why would unbelief matter to someone who will be destroyed for a multitude of other sins?

(John 16:8-9) [8] And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: [9] Of sin, because they believe not on me;
You said earlier.
Even though there was no Law against sinning...???
so you now you think Abraham had a dispensation with faith & no works , just that one of circumcision
God wasn't OK with the results of the lie
Are you not as glad as I am that what Paul cited from his pre-conversion life had been eclipsed by "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus" in Rom 8:2 ?
sorry can't be pre conversion he says dwell
and if was past tense then he is saying he wasn't responsible for his sin
and in that case why is mankind going to be judged for something they are not responsible for

such a cascade of errors

Christians fit James' description of "pure religion".
James 1:27..."Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
Love God, love neighbor.
could describe a religious person
Yes, I do...thanks for asking.
but you have no assurance of your salvation
I have found that those preaching a symbolic death never act like James' pure Christians.
They all seem to keep committing sins.
Why?
Because they never actually died to sin.
I find the legalist Christian love judging other Christians
I have admitted nothing of the sort.
you admit to judging by appearance which is a sin ergo you admit to sinning

Does Rom 8:2 eclipse Rom 7:23?
you have flesh in which sin dwells ergo you sin and it's not counted against you
but you think it is

Sin doesn't dwell in those made righteous by Christ.
guess you can't understand what is written here , sad for you

(Romans 7:15-17) [15] For that which I do, I know not. For what I desire, that I do not do; but what I hate, that I do. [16] If then I do that which I do not desire, I consent to the law that it is good. [17] But now it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Last edited:

Idolater

You can have perfect confidence in your salvation, your theology can be in perfect accord with all the Scriptures, and you can be a real part of the one river, of the one deposit of faith (cf. Ephesians 4:5, Jude 3), which winds its way back through time, all the way to Jesus and His Apostles; all without Mid Acts Dispensationalism.

Meanwhile ...

When did God make Gentiles clean?

When did God make Gentiles clean?

When are you going to admit when God made the Gentiles clean?
... you've got some mail.

Hoping

Banned
so who died in the old testament?
It is written..."For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you." (Heb 9:16-20)
the Mid Acts dispensation unfolded after Stephens death at the hands of Saul (Jesus is the testator )
All Saul did was keep the clothes of the murderers.
As for a mid Acts anything, I am not disposed to celebrating times and seasons.
that would be 2 dispensations
just like Abraham had 2 covenants
I see that as one promise, given twice.
so what's the plan now ?
Enduring faithfully until the end.
so you just Ignore that Jesus was only sent to Israel
Not at all, as He had to start somewhere.
He was sent to Israel, as He was of the seed of David, but during His mission also helped some believing Gentiles.
yes Peter was shown the transition as was Phillip of the Mid Acts dispensation
Everyone who followed Jesus saw the end of the Law and the beginning of grace.
The first time Jesus healed on the Sabbath was the split from old to new.
but it was given to Paul to minister and write the books on it
Paul wrote about it, that's for sure.
Thanks be to God for the elucidation.
Peter before the Jews were cast away expected Jesus to return right away
Scripture, please.
as the Jewish believers sold all that they had by the leading of the Holy Spirit in anticipation of Jesus return
I think your evaluation of Christian charity and brotherhood besmirches the love shown by the first converts.
look at that you can see the change too
right after Stephen was killed , guess that's your testator , NO he wasn't
As you have no answer, I will ask again..."What works of the Law did Peter, or Philip, demand of the Gentiles?
I am glad to think you are not following some new gospel.
BTW 👆 is to you
you were called you into the grace of Christ but are now trying to earn salvation
Will liars go to heaven?
Thieves?
If you really feel that telling the truth and buying instead of stealing are "earning" salvation...then get to the work.
I call them the result of being reborn of God's seed.
you apparently don't know how Judaism works
first it was by heritage with circumcision and keeping the Law
and proselytes had to be circumcised which is what Jewish Christians wanted gentiles to do
All I care about from the Jewish, OT, faith or salvation, are the presages I see fulfilled by Christ Jesus.
As long as the gospel doesn't change, nothing else really matters.
you're not God and even God dose not judge by appearance
Got any proof that doesn't include Jesus' remarks about the clothing of the Pharisees and scribes?
If it is a sin for you, than don't do it.
You do need to earn your way into heaven, after all.
how you dress doesn't determine your heart
Does a non-whore dress like a whore?
everyone knows the name of a richman but Jesus remembered the name of the poor person
(Luke 16:19-20) [19] And there was a certain rich man; and he was accustomed to don a purple robe and fine linen, making merry in luxury day by day. [20] And there was a certain poor one named Lazarus who had been laid at his porch, being plagued by sores,
And yet, He didn't talk to the Lazarus character...He talked to the rich guy !
and yet you continue sinning by judging by appearance
really ?
If it is a sin for you to believe your eyes, they don't do it.
I would hate for you to find your name blotted out of the book of life on the day of judgement.
(John 16:8-9) [8] And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: [9] Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Thanks be to God for the warning.
so you now you think Abraham had a dispensation with faith & no works , just that one of circumcision
Circumcision was one of the works Paul wrote against.
God wasn't OK with the results of the lie
What lie?
sorry can't be pre conversion he says dwell
and if was past tense then he is saying he wasn't responsible for his sin
and in that case why is mankind going to be judged for something they are not responsible for
such a cascade of errors
You should look up the use of the "historic present" tense.
Here is the site...https://www.usingenglish.com/reference/historic-present/#google_vignette
could describe a religious person
It is Paul's self while still living under the Law, and failing.
I have the gift of the Holy Ghost, the seal of the inheritance.
I have no assurance that I will still have it tomorrow.
I know that I will never be tempted to commit a sin that I cannot resist, thanks to 1 Cor 10:13.
So my future is in my hands.
And God has equipt me to see it thru till the end.
I find the legalist Christian love judging other Christians
Well thanks for sharing.
Who was Paul talking/writing to when he wrote Gal 5:19-21 ?..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
Wasn't it to Christian believer ?
Does mid Acts dispensationalism negate these commands ?
you admit to judging by appearance which is a sin ergo you admit to sinning
If it is a sin for you, don't do it.
you have flesh in which sin dwells ergo you sin and it's not counted against you
but you think it is
guess you can't understand what is written here , sad for you
I rejoice that the Lord showed me the answers to Paul's plaints of Rom 7.
Rom 7:23 is answered in Rom 8:2.
Rom 7:24 is answered in Rom 6:6.
"My" flesh is His flesh now.
The same complaint is probably still being muttered by the OT Jews of today.
Unfortunately, the same excuse for sin is still being used by those who blasphemously call themselves "one-with-Christ" .

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Everyone who followed Jesus saw the end of the Law

False.

And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”

Do you think these men were wrong in their beliefs that they held, that if one does not circumcise, he cannot be saved? They were from James, one of the Jesus' Apostles.

for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision.

Even as late as Acts 21, the Jews were still keeping the law, zealous for it, even.

And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law; but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs.

Hoping

Banned
You don't think they saw Jesus healing on the sabbath?
Do you think these men were wrong in their beliefs that they held, that if one does not circumcise, he cannot be saved? They were from James, one of the Jesus' Apostles.
Of course they were wrong.
Even as late as Acts 21, the Jews were still keeping the law, zealous for it, even.
But did they need to be zealous of the Law? (I'm not talking about the 9 commandments)
No.
Was there any harm in adhering to that which had been fulfilled?
Only in the sense that it was a waste of time.
The believing Jews had standards they tried to maintain that were familiar to them.
With the end of the temple, and the priesthood, their standards would change precipitously.

Idolater

... As for a mid Acts anything, I am not disposed to celebrating times and seasons. ...
There clearly is a "mid-Acts intervention" by the Lord, both with Peter's vision and with Paul's visitations. The Jerusalem council, also in mid-Acts, confirmed that intervention.

Paul needed nudges, hints, and explanations, just as much as Peter did. In fact because apparently Paul received multiple visitations compared to Peter's solitary vision, he was possibly quite "slow on the uptake," as they say. (Compared to Peter.)

He was sent to Israel, as He was of the seed of David, but during His mission also helped some believing Gentiles.
The Gentiles (Pagans) were the reason He kept His prophesied Passion, death, burial and Resurrection a secret. That's in the Gospels. Looking forward to the coming "mid-Acts intervention," perhaps.

... Got any proof that doesn't include Jesus' remarks about the clothing of the Pharisees and scribes?

... Does a non-whore dress like a whore?
That's funny.

What about Halloween? Is that OK?

... I have the gift of the Holy Ghost, the seal of the inheritance. ...
You were confirmed in the Catholic Church when you were young, correct? Or did you just receive Baptism and take first Communion but not get confirmed?

I have no assurance that I will still have it tomorrow.
I know that I will never be tempted to commit a sin that I cannot resist, thanks to 1 Cor 10:13.
So my future is in my hands.
And God has equipt me to see it thru till the end.
So then you do have assurance. Why are you talking out of both sides of your mouth.

The same complaint is probably still being muttered by the OT Jews of today.
Unfortunately, the same excuse for sin is still being used by those who blasphemously call themselves "one-with-Christ" .
Have you found fanatic Catholics who are fastidious and scrupulous about their sins, and who want to achieve perfection in this life (something the Apostle Paul didn't even do)? They are a trip ... and I can't really fault them either. Objectively, it's difficult to refute their view, especially when they constantly emphasize that they are just regular Catholics, not priests, not monks, but just married or single men and women who just burn with the desire to purge themselves of all their sin rn, in this life. It's very difficult to argue against that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You don't think they saw Jesus healing on the sabbath?

Where does the Law condemn healing on the Sabbath?

Remember, violating the Sabbath was punishable by the death penalty, according to the law.

However, God expected His people to intentionally break the Law in certain circumstances when it was called for.

Go read Matthew 12:1-14.

In that passage, Jesus explains that it is lawful to do good on the sabbath. (v12)

Catch that?

"Lawful."

Of course they were wrong.

Why do you think that? They were James' disciples. Do you think the Apostle James taught them erroneous beliefs?

What in Scripture indicates to you that they were wrong for saying what they said?

But did they need to be zealous of the Law? (I'm not talking about the 9 commandments)

Yes. Because keeping the law was required for Israel.

No.
Was there any harm in adhering to that which had been fulfilled?

Begging the question that the law had been fulfilled, when it hadn't, at least not completely.

Only in the sense that it was a waste of time.
The believing Jews had standards they tried to maintain that were familiar to them.

Jesus said to His disciples just before He ascended into Heaven:

"Go and make disciples of all the nations . . . teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you..."

They were obeying Him by keeping the law.

With the end of the temple, and the priesthood, their standards would change precipitously.

Do you think the promises of God are revokable?

Hoping

Banned
There clearly is a "mid-Acts intervention" by the Lord, both with Peter's vision and with Paul's visitations. The Jerusalem council, also in mid-Acts, confirmed that intervention.
Paul's circumcision of Timothy was also mid Acts.
Paul needed nudges, hints, and explanations, just as much as Peter did. In fact because apparently Paul received multiple visitations compared to Peter's solitary vision, he was possibly quite "slow on the uptake," as they say. (Compared to Peter.)
Peter witnessed Jesus "parting from the Law" for three years.
The Gentiles (Pagans) were the reason He kept His prophesied Passion, death, burial and Resurrection a secret. That's in the Gospels. Looking forward to the coming "mid-Acts intervention," perhaps.
He didn't keep it secret from the apostles.
That's funny.
What about Halloween? Is that OK?
Christians don't celebrate pagan holidays.
Their women don't glorify whoredom with emulation.
You were confirmed in the Catholic Church when you were young, correct? Or did you just receive Baptism and take first Communion but not get confirmed?
What the false church did to me is of no relevance to me now that I have converted to Christianity.
So then you do have assurance. Why are you talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Though God has equipt me to endure till the end, I still have to endure till the end.
That may be a million temptations away.
Have you found fanatic Catholics who are fastidious and scrupulous about their sins, and who want to achieve perfection in this life (something the Apostle Paul didn't even do)?
No, as that "faith" is built on accommodating sin.
They are a trip ... and I can't really fault them either. Objectively, it's difficult to refute their view, especially when they constantly emphasize that they are just regular Catholics, not priests, not monks, but just married or single men and women who just burn with the desire to purge themselves of all their sin rn, in this life. It's very difficult to argue against that.
Are they not "in Christ" ?
Are they not reborn of God's seed ?
Were they not given the righteousness of Christ ?
Didn't they crucify the flesh with the affections and lusts ?
Apparently not.
Like false prophets, we can tell from whose seed they are born by their fruit.