March Madness 2016

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which play? My cable was out and I 'watched' on yahoo sports. I saw the Bronson 3 highlight but that was it.

Wisconsin-Xavier. Xavier had the ball drove, and was called for an offensive foul with about 4 seconds. It was tied. He made the shot. Wisconsin flopped. A very common practice in basketball below the NBA.

Your search - wisconsin xavier 63-66 offensive foul Edmond Sumner - did not match any news results.

Suggestions:
•Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
•Try different keywords.
•Try more general keywords.
•Try fewer keywords.

I just wanted to post video, and it is not available.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oregon impressed me. If you don't get to see much of a team, you often won't believe. To me I thought "how many more beatings do they have to take" on the national stage, even though it isn't football.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
six teams left

-one is not acc

*two are not ACC

BTW, maybe you'll have an all Catholic final game (Villanova vs. Norte Dame), or maybe two Catholic schools in the Final Four.

Here is my "Catholic NCAA Trivia":

3 - Most Catholic schools in the Final Four (1985- Villanova, Georgetown, St. Johns)

7- Number of times Catholic schools were in the Final Four during the 1980's

6 - Number of times a Catholic school has been in the Final Four since the 80's (Marquette 2003, Georgetown 2007, Villanova 2009 & 2016, Butler 2010 &2011)

Butler - Only Catholic school to play in the Final Game since the 80's

1989 - Previous time a Catholic school played in the Final Game before Butler (Seton Hall)

1985 - Last time a Catholic school won the Championship (Villanova)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah, the gold ole days of the Big East. ESPN did one of their 30 for 30 documentaries on it, and like most of them, it was really good.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm getting so annoyed by those who are saying, "see, the committee was right to put Syracuse in". :Clete:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm getting so annoyed by those who are saying, "see, the committee was right to put Syracuse in". :Clete:

Since Villanova is in, I will point out that they had 10 losses and were seeded 8th in 1985. 13 losses just shows over the course of a season, they are not that good.

SaulToPaul 2

Since Villanova is in, I will point out that they had 10 losses and were seeded 8th in 1985. 13 losses just shows over the course of a season, they are not that good.

Does this year's team have access to unlimited cocaine like the '85 team did?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does this year's team have access to unlimited cocaine like the '85 team did?

Good question. I remember after the fact and how people said Villanova had ice running through their veins. We now know it was something else. You know why Tet is now big on the ACC don't you? The Big East dissolved as we know it and Pitt is in the ACC.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Good question. I remember after the fact and how people said Villanova had ice running through their veins. We now know it was something else. You know why Tet is now big on the ACC don't you? The Big East dissolved and Pitt is in the ACC.

I don't like the new ACC.
I grew up on just a few tobacco road teams: UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, Clemson, G. Tech, Virginia, Maryland