March Madness 2016

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Brackets are out. A couple initial thoughts.

Virginia is the #1 with the hardest #2 seed but I think overall Oregon or UNC might have the hardest road.

UNC has a tough 3-5 seeds with WVU, Kentucky, and Indiana.

I hate that they make some conference winners have to play their way in. No one actually thinks of the first couple games as making the tournament and winning a conference is supposed to guarantee a place in the tourney.

When you say "conference winners" are you referring to a team that wins their conference during the regular season, or a team that wins their conference tournament?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Michigan St. should have been a #1, not Virginia.

Virginia will not even make it to the Elite Eight.

Skip Bayless declared Virginia will beat Michigan State this time. So mark it down that Virginia gets bounced again.

Skip-Bayless.jpg

5944959_great-moments-in-skip-bayless-being-wrong_t29f79600.jpg

skipidiot11.jpg

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tebow over Rodgers? He needs to sell that stuff he is smoking and become a billionaire.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Conf tournament. That's what gives the auto_bid.

That is how everyone gets in. After the conference tournaments the field is then selected at-large based on who you beat. I don't understand your complaint either.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Conf tournament. That's what gives the auto_bid.

Yes, winning a conference tournament gives an automatic bid. I didn't know if that is what you were referring to, or if you were referring to a team like Wichita St., who won their conference during the regular season, but now has to play in one of the play-in-games because they did not win their conference championship against Northern Iowa. (who never would have made it had they not won their conference tournament).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Another head scratcher is why did Kentucky get a #4 seed, but Texas A&M got a #3 seed, after Kentucky beat Texas A&M in the SEC Title Game.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That is how everyone gets in. After the conference tournaments the field is then selected at-large based on who you beat. I don't understand your complaint either.

My complaint is that giving a conference winner a play-in game isn't really giving them an automatic bid. I don't care what the heads of the NCAA say, the "first four" isn't really being in the tournament.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There shouldn't be any play in games. 64 is where it needs to stand. But the NCAA was not satisfied with the billion they make on the kids while not paying them, so they devised a way for one more game. They are still in. It isn't really a play in game. Kind of like the football "playoff" that isn't a playoff. It is the BCS +1 system.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
There shouldn't be any play in games. 64 is where it needs to stand. But the NCAA was not satisfied with the billion they make on the kids while not paying them, so they devised a way for one more game. They are still in. It isn't really a play in game. Kind of like the football "playoff" that isn't a playoff. It is the BCS +1 system.

I didn't mind when it was one play-in game because it was sort of fun to give a team a chance to win their way in. I don't like this new setup.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
today march madness will end for the fans of 16 teams
-and
-tomorrow it will end for the fans of 16 more teams

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
say it isn't so
-college athletes are being exploited
-they are being used
-why isn't trump making this an issue?
-too many victims
-and
-not enough trumps

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't mind when it was one play-in game because it was sort of fun to give a team a chance to win their way in. I don't like this new setup.

It isn't about us or the teams. They use it thinking you will spend money and they design it thinking they can maximize the transfer of income from you to them. As though it is a for profit business. It annoys me also.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It isn't about us or the teams. They use it thinking you will spend money and they design it thinking they can maximize the transfer of income from you to them. As though it is a for profit business. It annoys me also.

Tis true.

Games have started. :banana:

I predicted the UNC Wilmington upset over Duke. Close game so far. :noid: