ECT Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the BOC

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Folks that call their self christian and continuously try to degrade and call other folks derogatory names deceive themselves and are not Christians.
I'd like to see the Scripture for that.

Has Dodge ever said what the saving Gospel is?
I asked in here and never got a straight answer.

Already did several times, and again it is not my job to read for you !
Liar.

I will tell you what you post what you believe the saving good news is and what people must do to be saved and I will do the same AGAIN.
I'll believe it when I see it.

... Jesus taught Grace...
Where?

Grace was... taught in the OT and taught in the NT long before Paul even got saved.
Where?

...Madist IGNORE... the scriptures other than Paul...
Liar.

dodge

Lighthouse;4848892]I'd like to see the Scripture for that.

2Ti 2:24
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

I asked in here and never got a straight answer.

Answered in a thread that was started specifically for that purpose.
Go re-read post # 2 in that thread.

I would find the thread and post # but that is not my job

I'll believe it when I see it.

probably not.

When Jesus was asked what works must we work Jesus replied this is the work believe on Him who God has sent.

There it is Grace and how to obtain grace through faith.

Ever hear of Abraham ?

Nope it is the truth You folks cannot see the forest for the trees.

Last edited:

Danoh

All kind of immaterial since Jesus taught GRACE as did the other Apostles of Jesus.

I kinda figured you was above the childish name calling but you seem to fit right into the flow of all MAdist.

First off, you began your war with the MADs when you not only called them liars and deceivers, but have continued to do so.

Second, more often than not - far more often than not - you have also continually proven that you understand neither what you say against MAD understandings nor whereof you affirm it.

That to me is the mark of an incompetent.

Where you do assert a thing of which I find that I can say "this witness is true," I shall, without hesitation, concur - you well know this is true.

To your credit, you at least cite the passages you believe assert what you hold they are asserting.

To your credit, at least you are not merely parroting someone else's labor as if it is your own, and with no basis of your own that you can point to.

Credit where credit is due; but thus far, your competence has not met the high standard I expect as to such things - not only in my own labor, but in another's as to their own.

I actually enjoy having a possible error of mine pointed out to me.

In this; opposition is...always...good for one.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

dodge

That post seems to suggest you think water baptism is required to be saved.

Nope, Saved folks get water baptized to be obedient to the command that Jesus gave for those that follow Him to do so.

water Baptism scripturally identifies one that follows Jesus as a follower of Jesus, and is a type of the person dying to self and being raised to newness of life in Christ Jesus. Water Baptism was never done away with and there are no scriptures that says water baptism was done away with in the bible.

Right Divider

Body part
Nope, Saved folks get water baptized to be obedient to the command that Jesus gave for those that follow Him to do so.

water Baptism scripturally identifies one that follows Jesus as a follower of Jesus, and is a type of the person dying to self and being raised to newness of life in Christ Jesus. Water Baptism was never done away with and there are no scriptures that says water baptism was done away with in the bible.
Was that why Jesus was water baptized?

Right Divider

Body part
To be obedient obviously as all that follow Jesus are.
So Jesus was a Jesus follower? :dizzy:

Mat 3:15
And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
ABSOLUTELY.... and just WHAT righteousness were THEY fulfilling?

dodge

Right Divider;4849370]So Jesus was a Jesus follower? :dizzy:

Jesus was setting an example for us to follow it is called receiving instructions from God and obeying them !

ABSOLUTELY.... and just WHAT righteousness were THEY fulfilling?

I am not playing games with the word of God with you. It is obvious you are trying to make a case to disobey what Jesus told those that follow Him to do, and going so far as to make an example of what we should do by doing it ( water baptism ) Himself.

There is not even ONE scripture that does away with water baptism. That is for folks that believe disobeying God is OK ,and if you can remove water baptism without scriptural support what else can you remove at your discretion ?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus was setting an example for us to follow it is called receiving instructions from God and obeying them !
You are ignorant of what God said that John would be doing.

I am not playing games with the word of God with you. It is obvious you are trying to make a case to disobey what Jesus told those that follow Him to do, and going so far as to make an example of what we should do by doing it ( water baptism ) Himself.
You have a religious fairy story that you love so much that it makes you a wild-eyed zealot for your story.

Why did John say that he came baptizing with water. It was NOT to show that the wet ones were Jesus followers.

John 1:31 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Don't let Bible truth get in the way of your story.

dodge

Right Divider;

Jesus taught to teach and baptize the Nations , and it looks like , based on scripture, you will only live your religious fairy tale.

Jesus was water baptized.

Paul was water baptized.

The jailer that was saved was water baptized.

The Ethiopian eunuch was water baptized.

There is NOT one verse in scripture after the DBR that a convert to Jesus was not water baptized, but don't let those facts upset your willful disobedience to what Jesus, scripture, and the Apostles taught.

DAN P

Jesus taught to teach and baptize the Nations , and it looks like , based on scripture, you will only live your religious fairy tale.

Paul was water baptized.

There is NOT one verse in scripture after the DBR that a convert to Jesus was not water baptized, but don't let those facts upset your willful disobedience to what Jesus, scripture, and the Apostles taught.

Hi and just what does NATION / ETHNOS then mean ??

Can you say what it means in Matt 28:19 ? or even verse 20 ??

Was Paul water BAPTIZED when he was saved in Acts 9:6 ??\\

I know that I have you here !!

dan p

dodge

It does NOT say Nation it says nations as in the plural.

DAN P;4849473]Hi and just what does NATION / ETHNOS then mean ??

Can you say what it means in Matt 28:19 ? or even verse 20 ??

Obviously the way Jesus used nations is NOT how you interpret NATIONS.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 164x
The KJV translates Strongs G1484 in the following manner: Gentiles (93x), nation (64x), heathen (5x), people (2x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
a multitude (whether of men or of beasts) associated or living together
a company, troop, swarm
a multitude of individuals of the same nature or genus
the human family
a tribe, nation, people group
in the OT, foreign nations not worshipping the true God, pagans, Gentiles
Paul uses the term for Gentile Christians
Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
ἔθνος éthnos, eth'-nos; probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe; specially, a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually, by implication, pagan):—Gentile, heathen, nation, people.

Was Paul water BAPTIZED when he was saved in Acts 9:6 ??\\
Immaterial Paul was water baptized as Jesus commanded His followers to be.

I know that I have you here !!

Not really ! All you have shown is you will continue to justify why you will remain disobedient to the command of Jesus to be water baptized.

Right Divider

Body part

Paul was water baptized.

Why won't you answer simple questions? Are they too hard for you?

YOU said that water baptism was a sign to show that you are a Jesus follower.
Jesus was water baptized. Was that a sign that He was a Jesus follower?

Water baptism was a cleaning ritual for the PRIESTHOOD of Israel.

John water baptized to MANIFEST Jesus to ISRAEL (he said so, but you ignore him).

dodge

Why won't you answer simple questions? Are they too hard for you?

YOU said that water baptism was a sign to show that you are a Jesus follower.
Jesus was water baptized. Was that a sign that He was a Jesus follower?

Water baptism was a cleaning ritual for the PRIESTHOOD of Israel.

John water baptized to MANIFEST Jesus to ISRAEL (he said so, but you ignore him).

I answered your questions ! Reread the post where I answered them.

I will answer your questions again when you provide 1 scripture that says water baptism was done away with ! Hint , it does not exists unless you pull scripture out of context.

Right Divider

Body part
I answered your questions ! Reread the post where I answered them.
No, you never answered whether Jesus was a Jesus follower based on YOUR story that water baptism is a demonstration that one is a Jesus follower.

I will answer your questions again when you provide 1 scripture that says water baptism was done away with ! Hint , it does not exists unless you pull scripture out of context.
I have explained to your deaf ears that water baptism is a cleaning ritual for the PRIESTHOOD of Israel. Jesus taught TWELVE ISRAELITE'S (eleven actually, but there were to be twelve) to perform this ritual. What does that have to do with the body of Christ where there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek?

These TWELVE MEN will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, you never answered whether Jesus was a Jesus follower based on YOUR story that water baptism is a demonstration that one is a Jesus follower.

I have explained to your deaf ears that water baptism is a cleaning ritual for the PRIESTHOOD of Israel. Jesus taught TWELVE ISRAELITE'S (eleven actually, but there were to be twelve) to perform this ritual. What does that have to do with the body of Christ where there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek?

These TWELVE MEN will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL.

Excellent post RD

dodge

Right Divider;4849551]No, you never answered whether Jesus was a Jesus follower based on YOUR story that water baptism is a demonstration that one is a Jesus follower.

Your question is not valid and has no merit it is equivalent to saying is God a follower of God ;another words, it is senseless.

You remind me of Naaman who was told to do something by the prophet and all he had was excuses why he would not do it.

2Ki 5:11
But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.

These TWELVE MEN will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL.[/QUOTE]

Which has ZERO to do with water baptism.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
Doesn't state what you claim. Care to try again?

Go re-read post # 2 in that thread.

I would find the thread and post # but that is not my job
Actually it is your job, since you're asserting that you did answer the question.

I can do your job for you, though, since you're incompetent.

Post #2

And while it's true you posted you didn't exegete any of the Scripture you posted, and you mixed gospels.

probably not.
:crackup:

When Jesus was asked what works must we work Jesus replied this is the work believe on Him who God has sent.

There it is Grace and how to obtain grace through faith.
They did not ask how to be saved.

The Rich Young Ruler, however, did.

Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” So He said to him, [Jesus]“Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

He said to Him, “Which ones?”[/Jesus]

Jesus said, [Jesus]“‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”[/Jesus]

-Matthew 19:16-19

And just so we're clear Jesus told this man to keep the Law [which is why he quoted a few of the 10 Commandments, to explain that He referred to the Law] in order to receive eternal life.

Ever hear of Abraham ?
What happened when Abraham's son was not going to be circumcised as instructed?

Nope it is the truth You folks cannot see the forest for the trees.
You don't even know what trees make up the forest, confusing one for another...

When did Jesus command those that follow Him be baptized? I know where He commanded the 12 to baptize; but I don't recall any of them getting baptized. I also know He did not command Paul to baptize. Though He did not forbid Him from doing so. But He didn't baptize many.

Paul was water baptized.

There are not any instances of Christians not being baptized the same day they believed?

Immaterial Paul was water baptized as Jesus commanded His followers to be.
Were the 12?

Not really ! All you have shown is you will continue to justify why you will remain disobedient to the command of Jesus to be water baptized.
I can't speak for the rest of them, but I was water baptized. And at the time I did not believe it was necessary, or that I was commanded to do so.

Now what happens to someone who believes and is never water baptized? And I don't mean someone who is unable because they die before they can be. I mean someone who just doesn't ever do it.

dodge

Lighthouse;4849925]Doesn't state what you claim. Care to try again?

Direct quote from scripture and yes it means exactly what it says.

You will not accept that scripture so you can continue to violate a clear teaching from scripture.

Actually it is your job, since you're asserting that you did answer the question.

I am not going to keep answering a question I have already answered.

I can do your job for you, though, since you're incompetent.

translated = You posted an answer and I am to lazy to look for it even though the poster gave me the post number.

Post #2

And while it's true you posted you didn't exegete any of the Scripture you posted, and you mixed gospels.

Can't mix Gospels there is only One Gospel.

:crackup:

They did not ask how to be saved.

Sure they did because what Jesus told them led to salvation as in believe on Him who God has sent.Jesus turned what they asked "works' TO "WORK" AS IN believe I.E. FAITH.
The Rich Young Ruler, however, did.

Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” So He said to him, [Jesus]“Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

He said to Him, “Which ones?”[/Jesus]

Jesus said, [Jesus]“‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”[/Jesus]

-Matthew 19:16-19

And just so we're clear Jesus told this man to keep the Law [which is why he quoted a few of the 10 Commandments, to explain that He referred to the Law] in order to receive eternal life.

Think: did Jesus ask the thief on the cross if he had kept the law, or did Jesus apply the law to that thief ? No, the thief asked Jesus to remember him when Ge came into His kingdom , he placed his faith in Jesus, and Jesus said today you will be with me in paradise did He not ?

What happened when Abraham's son was not going to be circumcised as instructed?

The point is Abraham passed the test of faith and belief i.e faith and Abraham received GRACE.

You don't even know what trees make up the forest, confusing one for another...

For those in Christ the whole tree is about Jesus not those Jesus picked to serve Him.

When did Jesus command those that follow Him be baptized? I know where He commanded the 12 to baptize; but I don't recall any of them getting baptized. I also know He did not command Paul to baptize. Though He did not forbid Him from doing so. But He didn't baptize many.

EVERYONE in scripture that was saved was water baptized and there is NOT one verse in all of scripture that does away with water baptism NOT ONE.

Were the 12?

I believe they were since their example (Jesus ) set the example !

I can't speak for the rest of them, but I was water baptized. And at the time I did not believe it was necessary, or that I was commanded to do so.

Sounds like you followed your conscience as God led you and that is a good thing is it not ?

Now what happens to someone who believes and is never water baptized? And I don't mean someone who is unable because they die before they can be. I mean someone who just doesn't ever do it.

That is up to God I can only answer for what God tells me to do or not to do.

My guess would be if they knew commanded them to be baptized and they flat out refused to be baptized then there is no repentance and obedience to what they knew God required .I would believe that they are lacking in faith which is foundational is it not ?