ECT Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the BOC

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
2Ti 2:24
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
Direct quote from scripture and yes it means exactly what it says.
Direct quote from Scripture out of context.

But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
-2 Timothy 23-26

Clearly in reference to believers interacting with non-believers.

You will not accept that scripture so you can continue to violate a clear teaching from scripture.
I accept it fully. As I said elsewhere; I'm very longsuffering, but I can only suffer for so long. And I am being very gentle with you right now. The problem s that you refuse to be teachable.

I also find it telling that you're now claiming I don't accept the writing of Paul.

I am not going to keep answering a question I have already answered.
I didn't ask you to answer the question again. I said it was your job to link to your answer. And since you don't know how to do that you should have asked someone how to do it.

translated = You posted an answer and I am to lazy to look for it even though the poster gave me the post number.
Is that why I linked to it right after I said that? I think you're the lazy one since you couldn't be bothered to link to it or even click on the link I provided to the thread prior to your post claiming you answered it in the second post of said thread.

Can't mix Gospels there is only One Gospel.
So the 12 preached Christ crucified before He was crucified, even though they were told not to?

Not to mention that they didn't even understand it when Jesus told them about it.

Sure they did because what Jesus told them led to salvation as in believe on Him who God has sent.Jesus turned what they asked "works' TO "WORK" AS IN believe I.E. FAITH.
No, they asked what the work of God was; they didn't ask how to be saved. And I'm also certain you can't point to a passage of Jesus preaching the salvation to which we commonly refer in Christianity in MMLJ, except to tell them to keep the Law; which was in reference to gaining eternal life.

Think: did Jesus ask the thief on the cross if he had kept the law, or did Jesus apply the law to that thief ? No, the thief asked Jesus to remember him when Ge came into His kingdom , he placed his faith in Jesus, and Jesus said today you will be with me in paradise did He not ?
Paradise was not Heaven. It was Abraham's Bosom. But that's beside the point.

The thief had no chance to keep the Law at this point regardless of whether or not he had in the past. He was dying and he accepted Christ as Christ [he converted]. Simple as that.

The point is Abraham passed the test of faith and belief i.e faith and Abraham received GRACE.
While uncircumcised, e.g. prior to the command to be circumcised.

What would have happened if Abraham refused to be circumcised?

For those in Christ the whole tree is about Jesus not those Jesus picked to serve Him.
Is this supposed to make sense?

A birch is not a weeping willow.

EVERYONE in scripture that was saved was water baptized and there is NOT one verse in all of scripture that does away with water baptism NOT ONE.
Would Abraham have lost grace if he refused to be circumcised?

Was the thief baptized?

If someone is not baptized do they lose grace and therefore salvation?

I believe they were since their example (Jesus ) set the example !
When?

Sounds like you followed your conscience as God led you and that is a good thing is it not ?
I didn't do it because I believed it necessary. I did it to proclaim my decision in front of my fellow Christians.

That is up to God I can only answer for what God tells me to do or not to do.
Coward. You're just like Joel Osteen. To afraid to answer a question on whether or not someone is saved.

My guess would be if they knew commanded them to be baptized and they flat out refused to be baptized then there is no repentance and obedience to what they knew God required .I would believe that they are lacking in faith which is foundational is it not ?
When and where did God command we be baptized?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When and where did God command we be baptized?

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,
Act 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

:chuckle:

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

SimpleMan77

Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the...

Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the...

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. You need to try to keep up.

God was done with the Jews as a nation at Calvary. Individually he offered forgiveness, but as a nation they were done.
Ever since then we have been in the age of the church. Paul calls us the body. Peter says we are "in Christ", another way of saying we are His body (if someone was in my body, they'd have to be a part of my body). John says the same in recalling Jesus' words - we are in Christ.
At some point Jesus will reach specifically to the Jewish nation again. All those Jews who are "of Israel" shall be saved. Paul is very clear that not all Israelite people are "of Israel".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SaulToPaul 2

God was done with the Jews as a nation at Calvary. Individually he offered forgiveness, but as a nation they were done.
Ever since then we have been in the age of the church. Paul calls us the body. Peter says we are "in Christ", another way of saying we are His body (if someone was in my body, they'd have to be a part of my body). John says the same in recalling Jesus' words - we are in Christ.
At some point Jesus will reach specifically to the Jewish nation again. All those Jews who are "of Israel" shall be saved. Paul is very clear that not all Israelite people are "of Israel".

"And given to a NATION bearing the fruits thereof...."

Right Divider

Body part
So you don't like God's plans for them? That figures.

Rom 11:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

God will restore them in HIS timing.

Paul is EXCLUDING unbelieving Israel and NOT including some sort of bogus "spiritual Israel".

SimpleMan77

"And given to a NATION bearing the fruits thereof...."

1 Peter was addressed to "strangers". Now that term is usually used to describe Gentiles, but I think it is probably safe to say that he didn't mean to exclude the believing Jews.

Here's what Peter said about the "NATION bearing the fruits thereof".

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

One nation of Jews and Gentiles, bringing forth the "fruit of the Spirit" that Paul liked to write about

SaulToPaul 2

1 Peter was addressed to "strangers". Now that term is usually used to describe Gentiles, but I think it is probably safe to say that he didn't mean to exclude the believing Jews.

Here's what Peter said about the "NATION bearing the fruits thereof".

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

One nation of Jews and Gentiles, bringing forth the "fruit of the Spirit" that Paul liked to write about

"One nation of Jews and Gentiles"?

Sounds made up...

AgainstAll

A follower of the Messiah is someone that has a relationship with (knows) the Messiah; Matthew 7:21-23
"And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments" 1 John 2:3
His commandments = Luke 6:27-48 Matthew 7:12 John 15:12
{ Jeremiah 22:3-5 Zechariah 8:14-17 }

Deuteronomy 18:18-19

Right Divider

Body part
Peter was obviously writing to Gentiles in 1 Peter.
Really?

1Pet 2:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:11) Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

So the Gentiles should have their conversation honest among themselves?

Those "strangers and pilgrims" are the SAME ones that James was writing to in James 1:1.

Peter was obviously NOT writing to Gentiles in 1 Peter.

SaulToPaul 2

Really?

(2:11) Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Those "strangers and pilgrims" are the SAME ones that James was writing to in James 1:1.

It's amazing isn't it?
The things we have to show over and over again...

SimpleMan77

Really?

He had just said that they were a "Holy Nation"! Israel as a whole was not a "Holy Nation", but you will find Paul saying that the Gentile Believers are "fellow-citizens".

Paul used similar language in Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Walk among the Gentiles as being a part of the Gentiles? Walk among the nation as being a part of that nation? "Have their conversation honest among themselves"? Walk and shine a light to the nation of whom they are a part?

Absolutely.

The word "strangers" had a very specific biblical term, and Peter was aware of it when he addressed his epistle. One Holy nation of strangers, both Jew and Gentile.

SimpleMan77

It's amazing isn't it?
The things we have to show over and over again...

And it's amazing that every answer you give falls apart under other parts of God's word.

Shouldn't be a surprise though - every time a theology tries to establish a belief system by pitting parts of the Word of God against other parts, it falls apart under the light of truth.

I don't blame with of you personally - you are simply repeating what you have been taught, no doubt. I'll post another explanation from another thread about the bigger problem with whoever first came up with this type of doctrine.

Right Divider

Body part
He had just said that they were a "Holy Nation"! Israel as a whole was not a "Holy Nation", but you will find Paul saying that the Gentile Believers are "fellow-citizens".
Peter was quoting what God said about ISRAEL.

Exod 19:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth [is] mine: (19:6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These [are] the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

The failure of Israel is temporary. When God institutes the new covenant, HIS Spirit will allow them to KEEP His commandments.

Ezek 36:25-28 (AKJV/PCE)
(36:25) ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. (36:26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (36:27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]. (36:28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

SimpleMan77

Actually the reason they do it is because they want so desperately to prove that no obedience is required in order to be saved, and no amount of disobedience can amount to walking away from God (i.e. being lost).

It makes living for God a matter of thinking the thought "I believe", after which time you can live any way you wish. It totally "turns the grace of God into lasciviousness (license to sin)", but of course that scripture was written by Jude, therefore only being applicable to Jews in their view.

They turn any obedience to God into a "work to earn salvation" so they can convince themselves that anything that is easy on their flesh is perfectly ok, and anything that is a "living sacrifice" is poison (lest we try to earn God's grace).

If course they have to also twist Paul's words because he says a lot that doesn't agree with their doctrine, but they are ok with that I guess.

I hate to put it that bluntly, but it is the truth

Last edited: