Koban/Resurrected Is One of the Funniest People On This Forum

RCLady

If you truly believe and value that verse, then this one should leave you trembling ...

Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Well said.........

The marriage vows: ''until death do you part''. The marriage bond cannot not be broken by adultery or whatever evil a spouse does until either spouse dies..............

Pope Leo XIII, Dum Multa (# 2), Dec. 24, 1902: “It follows then that the marriage of Christians when fully accomplished… cannot be dissolved for any reason other than the death of either spouse, according to the holy words: ‘What God has joined, let no man put asunder.’”

Lk. 16:18- “Every one that putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her that is put away from her husband, committeth adultery.”

Romans 7:2- “For the woman that hath an husband, whilst her husband liveth is bound to the law. But if her husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.”

1PeaceMaker

Well said.........

I realize the words of this heretic mean nothing to you, but that verse Rusha (the other heretic) gave does not define the start and end of marriage.

Are you qualified according to your church to teach theology to heritics?

RCLady

matthew 5:32
matthew 19:9

He is saying that a divorce, in the sense of a separation or a split, can be justified for that reason. However, He is not saying that a second marriage is justified. There can be a divorce, but not a divorce and remarriage.

Mark 10:9-12- “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. And in the house again his disciples asked him concerning the same thing. And he saith to them: Whosoever shall put away his wife and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if the wife shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.”

1PeaceMaker

He is saying that a divorce, in the sense of a separation or a split, can be justified for that reason. However, He is not saying that a second marriage is justified. There can be a divorce, but not a divorce and remarriage.

Mark 10:9-12- “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. And in the house again his disciples asked him concerning the same thing. And he saith to them: Whosoever shall put away his wife and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if the wife shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.”

Are you trying to argue sola scriptura? Is that sanctioned by the Church and why would that make any sense? You know us mavericks aren't going to stop at just that verse.

We heretics actually read the whole book and reach conclusions based on the individual relationship with God and reason, vs the authority of your appointed fathers.

Last edited:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
He is saying that a divorce, in the sense of a separation or a split, can be justified for that reason.

and my divorce is justified on those grounds

However, He is not saying that a second marriage is justified. There can be a divorce, but not a divorce and remarriage.

you're misreading scripture

Mark 10:9-12- “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

my wife, by her actions, put asunder that which God joined together

she shouldn't have done it

i wish she hadn't

but she did

what God joined together was put asunder by my wife

And in the house again his disciples asked him concerning the same thing. And he saith to them: Whosoever shall put away his wife

i didn't put her away

she put me away

And if the wife shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.”

that's for her and the next fellow she marries to worry about

not my problem

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and my divorce is justified on those grounds

You are not divorced OR going through the process. It was never an issue until you started bragging about a 27 year old woman you are interested in ...

you're misreading scripture

my wife, by her actions, put asunder that which God joined together

she shouldn't have done it

i wish she hadn't

but she did

what God joined together was put asunder by my wife

IF this is actually what happened, it doesn't explain why you would stay in a marriage you felt that your wife had "put asunder". It's only now while you are STILL married that you are pursuing another relationship with a woman who is not your wife.

i didn't put her away

she put me away

that's for her and the next fellow she marries to worry about

not my problem

Until you are divorced, involvement with another woman is inappropriate. Then again, you just make up the rules to correspond with your lifestyle.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
IF I were to believe in the reality of the Christian God...
Proverbs 1:24 Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, 25 Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke, 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, 27 When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are not divorced OR going through the process. It was never an issue until you started bragging about a 27 year old woman you are interested in ...

IF this is actually what happened, it doesn't explain why you would stay in a marriage you felt that your wife had "put asunder". It's only now while you are STILL married that you are pursuing another relationship with a woman who is not your wife.

Until you are divorced, involvement with another woman is inappropriate. Then again, you just make up the rules to correspond with your lifestyle.

This is a fail. In the OT adultery is a man having sex with a woman who is married to another man. There is no prohibition against a man having multiple wives. That was , in fact, the norm in those days.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a fail. In the OT adultery is a man having sex with a woman who is married to another man. There is no prohibition against a man having multiple wives. That was , in fact, the norm in those days.

I don't expect you to understand that it's not acceptable for a MARRIED person to carry on with a person other than their spouse while they are still legally wed.

bybee

We are now in the 21st century. It seems, though, that many of TOL's male members are still hankering for the Old Testament rule by Law?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are now in the 21st century. It seems, though, that many of TOL's male members are still hankering for the Old Testament rule by Law?

How convenient for them, eh? As well as their cheering section ...