John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

I think you are a freewill worshipper that hates the True God and Christ . I think your god is your so called freewill.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Satan didn't give anyone free will, Satan is the tempter. God gives us freewill to choose whether to obey him or not. And we have that choice to make every day, obey God and do his will, or obey Satan when he tempts us and sin.

You say Satan is the God of free will, yet Jesus had free will, so who's his God?

marhig

God has sent you a strong delusion to believe in lies

I honestly mean this with sincerity, I think you need to look at yourself. Because anyone who thinks that they don't have to live by the will of God and obey him, is being deluded by Satan's lies!

beloved57

Satan didn't give anyone free will, Satan is the tempter. God gives us freewill to choose whether to obey him or not. And we have that choice to make every day, obey God and do his will, or obey Satan when he tempts us and sin.

You say Satan is the God of free will, yet Jesus had free will, so who's his God?
Don't know what you talking about. Show me a scripture saying man has a freewill. As far as Jesus is concerned, I don't believe in your Jesus.

beloved57

I honestly mean this with sincerity, I think you need to look at yourself. Because anyone who thinks that they don't have to live by the will of God and obey him, is being deluded by Satan's lies!
You are deluded and a liar.

marhig

You are deluded and a liar.

Really? So I'm a deluded liar because I say that I believe that we should live by the will of God and obey him?

Even Jesus himself had free will, but chose not to do his will but to live by the will of God and obey him.

You think that I'm the one who is deluded, yet you say that Satan is the God of free will, and Jesus had free will. So who is his God?

beloved57

Really? So I'm a deluded liar because I say that I believe that we should live by the will of God and obey him?

Even Jesus himself had free will, but chose not to do his will but to live by the will of God and obey him.

You think that I'm the one who is deluded, yet you say that Satan is the God of free will, and Jesus had free will. So who is his God?
You lied on me. Also, I don't believe in your god or jesus!

marhig

You lied on me. Also, I don't believe in your god or jesus!

Well, I hope that one day God opens your eyes, and you realise that we are to live by his will. Because until you do that, you are denying Christ, because if your not living by the will of God, then you are living by the lusts of your flesh, and that means that the life of Christ can't be seen through you.

beloved57

Well, I hope that one day God opens your eyes, and you realise that we are to live by his will. Because until you do that, you are denying Christ, because if your not living by the will of God, then you are living by the lusts of your flesh, and that means that the life of Christ can't be seen through you.
I don't believe in your god or christ

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
By trying to be a good steward, I do not normally use the time God has given me for discussion of sacred topics by interacting with cosmic moonbeam New Age views. Nor do I subscribe to the all too common view exemplary of bumper stickers that read "God said it. I believe it. That settles it!" a view that underlies your referenced post and the "make up their own minds" above.

Rather, I am quite comfortable in not denying God's right to rule and dispose of His creatures as He sees fit to do so. That is, "God said it. That settles it."

Spoiler
"There is no attribute of God more comforting to his children than the doctrine of Divine Sovereignty. Under the most adverse circumstances, in the most severe troubles, they believe that Sovereignty hath ordained their afflictions, that Sovereignty overrules them, and that Sovereignty will sanctify them all.

"There is nothing for which the children of God ought more earnestly to contend than the dominion of their Master over all creation—the kingship of God over all the works of his own hands—the throne of God, and his right to sit upon that throne.

"On the other hand, there is no doctrine more hated by worldlings, no truth of which they have made such a foot-ball, as the great, stupendous, but yet most certain doctrine of the Sovereignty of the infinite Jehovah.

"Men will allow God to be everywhere except on his throne.

"They will allow him to be in his workshop to fashion worlds and to make stars.
"They will allow him to be in his almonry to dispense his alms and bestow his bounties.
"They will allow him to sustain the earth and bear up the pillars thereof, or light the lamps of heaven, or rule the waves of the ever-moving ocean;

"but when God ascends his throne, his creatures then gnash their teeth; and when we proclaim an enthroned God, and his right to do as he wills with his own, to dispose of his creatures as he thinks well, without consulting them in the matter, then it is that we are hissed and execrated, and then it is that men turn a deaf ear to us, for God on his throne is not the God they love. They love him anywhere better than they do when he sits with his sceptre in his hand and his crown upon his head."

Src: www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0077.php

AMR

Moon Beams?

Spoiler
His views are much more open and theologically nimble then a mind that has grown complacent with what it "thinks" it "knows".

The man who prefers his full cup is forever destined to never drink again

That man has "Sunshine", AMR... Sunshine

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are Not Captains of Our Own Souls

We are Not Captains of Our Own Souls

The anti-Calvinist may deny predestination as we Calvinists understand it to be, but in their denial, they set about crafting a typical anti-Calvinist version of predestination.

In the anti-Calvinist view, predestination implies that God chose certain qualities or properties of persons—faith, repentance, holiness, and perseverance—with a purpose of admitting to heaven all those, whoever they might be, who possess or exhibit these qualities or properties, and consigns to eternal punishment all those who, after being favored with suitable opportunities, who fail to exhibit these personal qualities.

Note carefully here what the anti-Calvinist believes: it is man who is responsible for his own salvation, which explains why you will find this sort of abominable claim:

Such liberties do not over-ride God's Sovereignty, however such freedom of choice does pertain when determining individual destinies, since each soul can respond in rejecting or accepting the call of salvation.

In other words, the person who chooses wisely, a fallen person in Adam who seemingly possesses the moral ability to choose righteousness, is granted admittance to the Kingdom. Therefore, it must follow that the person who does not choose wisely, is consigned to eternal punishment. After all, surely no one but the errant open theist denies God knows the future choices of His creatures. The attempt to let God off the hook for one's final destiny is but a dilution of His sovereignty, relegating God to but a contingent being, while He wrings His hands, pleading and hoping His apparently autonomous creatures will make the right choices.

Spoiler

Anyone that assumes sovereignty can be redefined to include libertarian free will has not availed themselves of what Scripture teaches us about the topic:

Anything God pleases to do he does, (Psalm 47:2, 103:19, 135:6; Isa. 41:4, 43:13, 46:10; Dan. 4:17, 35; Rom. 9:19-21). God is sovereign over the heavenly host of angels, (Gen. 32:2; Deut. 4:19; Neh. 9:6; Psalm 148:2; Luke 2:13; Rev. 5:11, 7:11). God is sovereign over the destiny of all men, (Rom. 8:29-30; Eph. 1:5, 11). God is sovereign over nature, (Job 37:10-13; Jonah 1:4, 4:8; Isa. 45:7; Amos 3:6; Psalm 107:25, 121:6, 148:8). God is sovereign over plants and animals, (Gen. 2:19, 6:20; Num. 22:28-30; Matt. 8:26-27, 10:29; Psalm 148:7, 9-10; Luke 5:9). God is sovereign over how people think, feel, and act, (Psalm 105:24-25, 106:46; Prov. 16:1, 9, 20:24; Ezra 6:22; Acts 7:10; Exod. 9:12; Rom. 11:8). God is sovereign over cities, (Isa. 10:5, 23:13; 2 Kings 19:32; Hab. 1:6; Ezek. 26:7-21; Isa. 47:1, 48:14; Jer. 5:15), and rules all the nations, (2 Chron. 20:6; Psalm 66:7; Isa. 14:6; Jer. 1:10, 5:22, 10:7; Dan. 4:25, 32; Rev. 15:4; Ezek. 26:7-21; Psalm 22:28, 47:8; 1 Chron. 16:31). And, as much as people would like to dismiss it, God controls both the good and the bad events that occur in every moment of time throughout all of history, (Gen. 45:5, 7, 50:20; Rom. 8:28; Isa. 46:10-11; Job 42:2; Eph. 1:11; Psalm 33:11; Prov. 19:21). All of it is for his glory.

No matter how much the anti-Calvinist's rhetorical bravado denies predestination as a Scriptural concept, they cannot escape the plain fact that they have actually crafted a version of predestination that has no warrant from Scripture. In effect, the anti-Calvinist claims that God declares those that exhibit personal qualities such as faith and repentance will be saved. Those that do not choose wisely will be damned.

Contrary to the anti-Calvinist's denial of any notion of predestination in Scripture—for example, Matthew 11:20, 25; 13:11; 25:34; Luke 10:20; 12:32; John 8:47; 15:16; Rom. 8:29, 30; Rom. 9; Eph. 1:4, 5; 2 Tim. 1:9; 1 Thess. 5:9; 2 Thess. 2:13—the view described earlier above is actually predestination, albeit the anti-Calvinist's personally constructed and warped version of Scripture's predestination.

It as if no one grasps the terrible state of all born in Adam described in Scripture (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14). Not unexpectedly, these anti-Calvinists do not like the implications of original sin, so they assume all are born morally neutral and only become sinners when they sin, and will deny its plain teachings or limit the effects of orginal sin to suit their desperate cling to autonomy.

It would be better that the anti-Calvinist would plainly state what he believes, that to them predestination means the above, rather than asserting there is no such thing as predestination of individuals, but only nations, as if nations are an empty set containing no actual individuals, all despite the teachings of Scripture.

It is far better to grasp from Scripture, the works of God for those He has set His preferences upon:

- draws people to Himself (John 6:44,65);
- creates a clean heart (Psalm 51:10; Eze. 36:26);
- appoints people to believe (Acts 13:48);
- works faith in the believer (John 6:28-29);
- chooses who is to be holy and blameless (Eph. 1:4);
- chooses us for salvation (2 Thes. 2:13-14);
- grants the act of believing (Phil. 1:29);
- grants repentance (2 Tim. 2:24-26);
- calls according to His purpose (2 Tim. 1:9);
- causes us to be born again (1 Pet. 1:3);
- predestines us to salvation (Rom. 8:29-30);
- predestines us to adoption (Eph. 1:5);
- predestines us according to His purpose (Eph. 1:11); and
- makes us born again not by our will but by His will (John 1:12-13).

Accordingly, in rebellion to the above, the anti-Calvinist has essentially crafted their own anti-Calvinist manifesto:

The anti-Calvinist's Soteriological Manifesto
I was born with free will
I possess the power to seek after God
I improved upon the grace God gives equally to all persons
I did what my neighbor did not
I know God does not actually make me willing when I am not
I know God's grace does not distinguish me from anyone else
I made use of God's grace and such is why I am different than others

Seeing themselves as the captains of their own destiny, leveraging their manifesto, the anti-Calvinists thusly conduct themselves in communion with their Maker along the following lines:

“Lord, I thank thee that I am not like these poor, presumptuous Calvinists. Lord, I was born with a glorious free will; I was born with a power by which I can turn to thee of myself; I have improved my grace. If everybody had done the same with their grace as I have, they might all have been saved. Lord, I know that thou dost not make us willing if we are not willing ourselves… it was not thy grace that made us differ… I made use of what was given me, and others did not—that is the difference between me and them.”
Src: Spurgeon, Sermon on John 5:40 “Free Will a Slave” The New Park Street Pulpit, 1855- 1856, Volumes I & II (Pilgrim 1975), 395-402.

Sigh.

AMR

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The anti-Calvinist may deny predestination as we Calvinists understand it to be, but in their denial, they set about crafting a typical anti-Calvinist version of predestination.

In the anti-Calvinist view, predestination implies that God chose certain qualities or properties of persons—faith, repentance, holiness, and perseverance—with a purpose of admitting to heaven all those, whoever they might be, who possess or exhibit these qualities or properties, and consigns to eternal punishment all those who, after being favored with suitable opportunities, who fail to exhibit these personal qualities.

Note carefully here what the anti-Calvinist believes: it is man who is responsible for his own salvation, which explains why you will find this sort of abominable claim:

In other words, the person who chooses wisely, a fallen person in Adam who seemingly possesses the moral ability to choose righteousness, is granted admittance to the Kingdom. Therefore, it must follow that the person who does not choose wisely, is consigned to eternal punishment. After all, surely no one but the errant open theist denies God knows the future choices of His creatures. The attempt to let God off the hook for one's final destiny is but a dilution of His sovereignty, relegating God to but a contingent being, while He wrings His hands, pleading and hoping His apparently autonomous creatures will make the right choices.

Spoiler

Anyone that assumes sovereignty can be redefined to include libertarian free will has not availed themselves of what Scripture teaches us about the topic:

Anything God pleases to do he does, (Psalm 47:2, 103:19, 135:6; Isa. 41:4, 43:13, 46:10; Dan. 4:17, 35; Rom. 9:19-21). God is sovereign over the heavenly host of angels, (Gen. 32:2; Deut. 4:19; Neh. 9:6; Psalm 148:2; Luke 2:13; Rev. 5:11, 7:11). God is sovereign over the destiny of all men, (Rom. 8:29-30; Eph. 1:5, 11). God is sovereign over nature, (Job 37:10-13; Jonah 1:4, 4:8; Isa. 45:7; Amos 3:6; Psalm 107:25, 121:6, 148:8). God is sovereign over plants and animals, (Gen. 2:19, 6:20; Num. 22:28-30; Matt. 8:26-27, 10:29; Psalm 148:7, 9-10; Luke 5:9). God is sovereign over how people think, feel, and act, (Psalm 105:24-25, 106:46; Prov. 16:1, 9, 20:24; Ezra 6:22; Acts 7:10; Exod. 9:12; Rom. 11:8). God is sovereign over cities, (Isa. 10:5, 23:13; 2 Kings 19:32; Hab. 1:6; Ezek. 26:7-21; Isa. 47:1, 48:14; Jer. 5:15), and rules all the nations, (2 Chron. 20:6; Psalm 66:7; Isa. 14:6; Jer. 1:10, 5:22, 10:7; Dan. 4:25, 32; Rev. 15:4; Ezek. 26:7-21; Psalm 22:28, 47:8; 1 Chron. 16:31). And, as much as people would like to dismiss it, God controls both the good and the bad events that occur in every moment of time throughout all of history, (Gen. 45:5, 7, 50:20; Rom. 8:28; Isa. 46:10-11; Job 42:2; Eph. 1:11; Psalm 33:11; Prov. 19:21). All of it is for his glory.

No matter how much the anti-Calvinist's rhetorical bravado denies predestination as a Scriptural concept, they cannot escape the plain fact that they have actually crafted a version of predestination that has no warrant from Scripture. In effect, the anti-Calvinist claims that God declares those that exhibit personal qualities such as faith and repentance will be saved. Those that do not choose wisely will be damned.

Contrary to the anti-Calvinist's denial of any notion of predestination in Scripture—for example, Matthew 11:20, 25; 13:11; 25:34; Luke 10:20; 12:32; John 8:47; 15:16; Rom. 8:29, 30; [FONT=&]Rom. 9; [/FONT]Eph. 1:4, 5; 2 Tim. 1:9; 1 Thess. 5:9; 2 Thess. 2:13—the view described above is actually predestination, albeit the anti-Calvinist's personally constructed and warped version of Scripture's predestination.

It as if no one grasps the terrible state of all born in Adam described in Scripture (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14). Not unexpectedly, these anti-Calvinists do not like the implications of original sin, so they assume all are born morally neutral and only become sinners when they sin, and will deny its plain teachings or limit the effects of orginal sin to suit their desperate cling to autonomy.

It would be better that the anti-Calvinist would plainly state what he believes, that to them predestination means the above, rather than asserting there is no such thing as predestination of individuals, but only nations, as if nations are an empty set containing no actual individuals, all despite the teachings of Scripture.

It is far better to grasp from Scripture, the works of God for those He has set His preferences upon:

Accordingly, in rebellion to the above, the anti-Calvinist has essentially crafted their own anti-Calvinist manifesto:

I know God does not actually make me willing

Seeing themselves as the captains of their own destiny, leveraging their manifesto, the anti-Calvinists thusly conduct themselves in communion with their Maker along the following lines:

“Lord, I thank thee that I am not like these poor, presumptuous Calvinists. Lord, I was born with a glorious free will; I was born with a power by which I can turn to thee of myself; I have improved my grace. If everybody had done the same with their grace as I have, they might all have been saved. Lord, I know that thou dost not make us willing if we are not willing ourselves… it was not thy grace that made us differ… I made use of what was given me, and others did not—that is the difference between me and them.”
Src: Spurgeon, Sermon on John 5:40 “Free Will a Slave” The New Park Street Pulpit, 1855- 1856, Volumes I & II (Pilgrim 1975), 395-402.

Sigh.

AMR

Anti-Calvinists

Spoiler
Sigh... is that like anti-Christ?

Actually... I'm anti replacement Theology.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Spoiler

Contrary to the anti-Calvinist's denial of any notion of predestination in Scripture—for example, Matthew 11:20, 25; 13:11; 25:34; Luke 10:20; 12:32; John 8:47; 15:16; Rom. 8:29, 30; [FONT=&]Rom. 9; [/FONT]Eph. 1:4, 5; 2 Tim. 1:9; 1 Thess. 5:9; 2 Thess. 2:13—the view described earlier above is actually predestination, albeit the anti-Calvinist's personally constructed and warped version of Scripture's predestination.

Sigh.

AMR

It is difficult to address you seriously when you literally speak as if Calvinism is the Gospel. You reveal that you see theology as Calvinism and Non-Calvinism. I could write books on my personal theological views, but call me old fashioned... I can navigate all theological, theosophical, Diest, Pantheist, Pan-Antheist... any waters having to do with the assertion that humanity has a Spiritual Conciseness... with the old 66 book ball and chain.

I've always listened and learned when people have a view... but, if it is refuted by the 66... I file it away in the unbiblical category. I feel that you go to great lengths to justify your stances... but you are so full of defense... you have closed the theological door to learning.

How can I desire to learn from someone who has lost their desire to learn?

If you can just pick books off the shelf that tell you what to believe scripture is saying... how can the Holy Spirit get through to the carnal, theological understanding part of you?

I could give you 1,000,000 scriptures, written in your beautiful format...

But...

Spoiler
You think you already know it all and thus don't really care to listen. My views are far from any Anti-Calvinist assertion that you have made. I would love to discuss matters with you... but who cares to talk to someone who has lost the ability to listen or admit that there are things they just don't know?

Robert Pate

Banned

Spoiler

Contrary to the anti-Calvinist's denial of any notion of predestination in Scripture—for example, Matthew 11:20, 25; 13:11; 25:34; Luke 10:20; 12:32; John 8:47; 15:16; Rom. 8:29, 30; [FONT=&]Rom. 9; [/FONT]Eph. 1:4, 5; 2 Tim. 1:9; 1 Thess. 5:9; 2 Thess. 2:13—the view described earlier above is actually predestination, albeit the anti-Calvinist's personally constructed and warped version of Scripture's predestination.

Sigh.

AMR

God does NOTHING outside of his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature and character.

The God of Calvinism cannot be trusted because he is unjust.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It is difficult to address you seriously when you literally speak as if Calvinism is the Gospel. You reveal that you see theology as Calvinism and Non-Calvinism. I could write books on my personal theological views, but call me old fashioned... I can navigate all theological, theosophical, Diest, Pantheist, Pan-Antheist... any waters having to do with the assertion that humanity has a Spiritual Conciseness... with the old 66 book ball and chain.

I've always listened and learned when people have a view... but, if it is refuted by the 66... I file it away in the unbiblical category. I feel that you go to great lengths to justify your stances... but you are so full of defense... you have closed the theological door to learning.

How can I desire to learn from someone who has lost their desire to learn?

If you can just pick books off the shelf that tell you what to believe scripture is saying... how can the Holy Spirit get through to the carnal, theological understanding part of you?

I could give you 1,000,000 scriptures, written in your beautiful format...

But...

Spoiler
You think you already know it all and thus don't really care to listen. My views are far from any Anti-Calvinist assertion that you have made. I would love to discuss matters with you... but who cares to talk to someone who has lost the ability to listen or admit that there are things they just don't know?

Intellectual dishonesty and denial is strong with you all.

Theology explains Scripture because it is derived from Scripture. What you are trying to get off on is the shiny, sparkly cliche that the Bible explains- but what you interpret becomes your theology.

So it's a completely invalid point- you're just being circular.

So while you all high-five and bro-bump each other, just know that you're all idiots :rolleyes:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Intellectual dishonesty and denial is strong with you all.

Theology explains Scripture because it is derived from Scripture. What you are trying to get off on is the shiny, sparkly cliche that the Bible explains- but what you interpret becomes your theology.

So it's a completely invalid point- you're just being circular.

So while you all high-five and bro-bump each other, just know that you're all idiots :rolleyes:

Sooooo... my reply is....

#Scripture explains scripture
#With Jesus indwelling us... bodda-bing! Stuff gets awesome.

#Calvin Batteries not included or required.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sooooo... my reply is....

#Scripture explains scripture
#With Jesus indwelling us... bodda-bing! Stuff gets awesome.

#Calvin Batteries not included or required.

Glad to see that you're willing to be seen as stupid than just simply admitting the supreme fail in your logic :rolleyes:

Pretty much done debating you all for a while.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Glad to see that you're willing to be seen as stupid than just simply admitting the supreme fail in your logic :rolleyes:

Pretty much done debating you all for a while.

i would be my slick self... but, fair enough. I'm genuinely glad you're safe. Be carful where ever you are. If we're done debating... then I'm back to the easy going me with you.

I always did enjoy going round and round over scripture with you.

; )

Status
Not open for further replies.