Jesus is God !

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In fact, Phil 2:9 says God made Jesus higher than any other name. That would include God's name.

No.

The Father gave His Son the Fathers name.

Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

So what is the name do you think?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, just so I understand you correctly:

1) You believe Jesus is the Father and God Almighty.
2) You believe God Almighty emptied Himself to be filled with the Spirit.
3) You believe God Almighty died and raised Himself up from the dead.

I will admit that what you believe takes more "faith" than I have. :crackup:
But then we probably do not have the same understanding of faithfulness. :)

:sheep:

GT denies the son by her doctrine.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

LA

God's Truth

Okay, just so I understand you correctly:

1) You believe Jesus is the Father and God Almighty.
There are three and the three are one and the same.

2) You believe God Almighty emptied Himself to be filled with the Spirit.
There are three. Jesus is God with a body. Jesus had a body in heaven before coming to earth. Jesus emptied himself when he came to earth.

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
3) You believe God Almighty died and raised Himself up from the dead.
That is what the Bible says.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

I will admit that what you believe takes more "faith" than I have. :crackup:
But then we probably do not have the same understanding of faithfulness. :)

Maybe you just do not have enough understanding.

God's Truth

No.

Jesus is Gods son in whom the Father came to dwell at His baptism,

and only permanently at His resurrection.

Before that the Father was ministering His word to His son.

LA

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit came upon Jesus with power at his baptism.

You are badly mistaken if you think Jesus did not have the Holy Spirit since birth.

Even John the baptizer had the Holy Spirit before he was born.

God's Truth

You should be more careful about bearing false witness.

There are three. There is God the Father who lives in unapproachable light. There is Jesus Christ the Son who is God with a physical body. There is the Holy Spirit that comes forth from God and is limitless.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I suggest you read John 19:33-37 (NIV) that shows Jesus had to be dead because after all his blood flowed out, water did.
We don't swoon freelight, we are secure and confident that our Savior DID indeed die for us and was resurrected by His Father God. There is NO record of any Essenes in the NT, being disciples of Jesus Christ. They may have existed but they were devout Jews, NOT believers.

Freelight is a "Urantia book" Cultist. The Urantia book is a UFO cult,
Google "Urantia book/UFO cult."

StanJ

No.
The Father gave His Son the Fathers name.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
So what is the name do you think?

The name is JESUS. You even read it in v5 & v10 and don't see it?

try starting at v5 to get the context and subject then read on. ALL this kind of cherry picking from supposedly knowledgeable believers, is the most annoying thing I find on here.

StanJ

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Not at all, but why quote a verse that supports her POV? WHAT exactly are you trying to say?

StanJ

Do you believe there are three different persons of the Trinity?

I'm pretty sure I just conveyed that. I prefer personas, because we don't have a sufficient English word to describe the triune nature of God. Have I not been very clear about that on this thread?

StanJ

"I have said, You are Elohim, and all of you are sons of the Most High: but you shall die as men, and fall as one of the sarim-princes! Arise, O Elohim, judge the earth: for you shall inherit all the nations!"

Which is why we have CREDENTIALED scholars that KNOW what the Greek and Hebrew says and render it appropriately. You equivocate as usual by using elohim ('ĕlôhıym) with an upper case E when the Hebrew doesn't nor does the Greek or English.
This is the typical kind of eisegesis we get from you and your ilk....dishonest and full of prevarication.

daqq

Which is why we have CREDENTIALED scholars that KNOW what the Greek and Hebrew says and render it appropriately. You equivocate as usual by using elohim ('ĕlôhıym) with an upper case E when the Hebrew doesn't nor does the Greek or English.
This is the typical kind of eisegesis we get from you and your ilk....dishonest and full of prevarication.

All the earliest Greek manuscripts are Uncials and neither Hebrew nor Greek have caps or even punctuation for the most part. Much of the "stuff" of your so-called "credentialed scholars" is arbitrary guesswork based in paradigm arguments. This is actually the reason why I did capitalize Elohim in what I quoted. It is an attempt to get people to investigate such things for themselves. People of your ilk will get a group of carnivores to render passages like Genesis 9:2-4 for yourselves so that you may continue killing and eating all the meat your belly desires. People of your ilk will get rulers and kings to render other passages and even whole bibles which give you the right to put others to death by law and do anything else you desire to do while thinking that you have God backing you in your crimes. You are reading and quoting your favorite cherry picked passages from your favorite cherry picked authors and none of them are God.

There are three and the three are one and the same.

There are three. Jesus is God with a body. Jesus had a body in heaven before coming to earth. Jesus emptied himself when he came to earth.

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

Maybe you just do not have enough understanding.

Do you not realize why this is called the Gnostic Gospel of John by the same scholars your pal StanJ bows, honors, and entrusts his soul to? It is indeed a Gnostic Gospel. Do you realize you are using a Gnostic writing to prove most of your points? Do you not understand that this is the very reason why most all of the passages used to prove your points by those who believe as you do come from this one Gospel only? The above is not the man Yeshua speaking but rather the Son of God, Messiah Yeshua, who speaks through the vessel of the man Yeshua.

No, that is what YOUR preferred Bible says.

John 10:18
18. No one takes her from me, but I lay her down of myself. I have authority to lay her down, and I have authority to receive her again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

God's Truth

Do you not realize why this is called the Gnostic Gospel of John by the same scholars your pal StanJ bows, honors, and entrusts his soul to? It is indeed a Gnostic Gospel. Do you realize you are using a Gnostic writing to prove most of your points? Do you not understand that this is the very reason why most all of the passages used to prove your points by those who believe as you do come from this one Gospel only? The above is not the man Yeshua speaking but rather the Son of God, Messiah Yeshua, who speaks through the vessel of the man Yeshua.

You are very confused. The Holy Bible is the written Word of God.

No, that is what YOUR preferred Bible says.

John 10:18
18. No one takes her from me, but I lay her down of myself. I have authority to lay her down, and I have authority to receiveher again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
I have no idea how you think you have disproved anything.

Ben Masada

Jesus is God!

Jesus is God!

Absolutely not. Jesus is dead. God does not die. As a Jewish man that Jesus was, he has never been raised from the dead. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21)

daqq

You are very confused. The Holy Bible is the written Word of God.

I have no idea how you think you have disproved anything.

You are very confused if you think the Holy Bible was penned in English. Every English translation is just that: a translation from the original language into English. When you read your Bible in English you are reading what someone or some group rendered for you into your language. It is not possible to render either Hebrew or Greek word for word perfectly into English because of idiomatic statements and meanings and the phraseology thereof. You put way too much trust in translators while many of them have clearly been engaged in interpretative practices while doing their so-called translating. It really is almost impossible to translate without doing some sort of interpreting somewhere sometime. My interpreter is the Testimony of Yeshua and I have shown this time and time again since arriving here. All things may truly be understood through the lenses of the Testimony of Yeshua but one must absolutely believe everything he says in the Gospel accounts. You say that one cannot be "saved" without Messiah but then you do not understand his Testimony, and that is, especially if you think Yeshua is the Father YHWH. :plain:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely not. Jesus is dead. God does not die. As a Jewish man that Jesus was, he has never been raised from the dead. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21)

This is why scripture worship blinds people, the Jews can't think outside of the scripture written by their ancestors. It's a pride thing.

Ben Masada

This is why scripture worship blinds people, the Jews can't think outside of the scripture written by their ancestors. It's a pride thing.

Our Scriptures have been given to us so that we may learn how to serve God. And to Christians, the NT was given so that they may worship the man instead of God.

StanJ

You are very confused if you think the Holy Bible was penned in English. Every English translation is just that: a translation from the original language into English. When you read your Bible in English you are reading what someone or some group rendered for you into your language. It is not possible to render either Hebrew or Greek word for word perfectly into English because of idiomatic statements and meanings and the phraseology thereof. You put way too much trust in translators while many of them have clearly been engaged in interpretative practices while doing their so-called translating. It really is almost impossible to translate without doing some sort of interpreting somewhere sometime. My interpreter is the Testimony of Yeshua and I have shown this time and time again since arriving here. All things may truly be understood through the lenses of the Testimony of Yeshua but one must absolutely believe everything he says in the Gospel accounts. You say that one cannot be "saved" without Messiah but then you do not understand his Testimony, and that is, especially if you think Yeshua is the Father YHWH.

Which is why translation is done by QUALIFED and CREDENTIALED scholars, not a rope skipping lamb.