Jesus is God !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is never ever separate from the Father.

Jesus is the Father in the flesh. Jesus ONLY says what the Father says. Jesus only does what the Father does. When we see Jesus we see the Father.

Tell me, how are they separate and different? They are not

Tell me that they are not.

John 14:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

:duh:

God's Truth

Tell me that they are not.

John 14:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

:duh:

Jesus is the Father in the flesh. Jesus ONLY says what the Father says. Jesus only does what the Father does. When we see Jesus we see the Father.

StanJ

GT and BR.

The OP is Jesus is God and I think you both agree on that, along with most here, so why the arguing? What exactly is the issue or point you are both trying to make?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You don't believe scripture and you are unteachable. It would be a waste of time.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GT and BR.

The OP is Jesus is God and I think you both agree on that, along with most here, so why the arguing? What exactly is the issue or point you are both trying to make?

She believes that Jesus is the Father and the Holy Spirit, do you?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is GOD...The Holy Spirit is God...the Father is God. Triune, three in one...indivisible.

Is 9:6 (NIV)
StanJ, that is theology. Those are faith statements. They are meanings placed onto Jesus after his death and resurrection. So they are not actual history or real events. They are interpretations.

The actual, authentic history tells us that there was a great man named Jesus who carried out his preaching in Palestine during the first century.

***The facts are that some people saw him as divine and said "Let's follow him."

***And other people saw him as just another charismatic prophet wandering the landscape and concluded "This is boring; I'm outta here."

***And there were many in both Judaism and the empire who saw him as a threat and said "Let's kill him."

Jesus was a man is a statement of FACT.
Jesus as Son of God, messiah, etc. are statements of FAITH.

Christian faith, as I see it, is seeing the man Jesus as the ultimate disclosure of the divine on earth and proclaiming that to oneself and others.

God's Truth

GT and BR.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh.

BR says Jesus is God but that he is not the Father.

If Jesus is God, and he is, then he is the Father because there is only One God and He is the Father.

daqq

I have no idea what you are talking about.

How do you ever get that you disproved anything that I said?

Philippians 2:7 RSV (Revised Standard Version)
7. but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Philippians 2:7 ASV (American Standard Version)
7. but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;

Philippians 2:7 YLT (Young's Literal Bible Translation)
7. but did empty himself, the form of a servant having taken, in the likeness of men having been made,

A vessel can be emptied but YHWH ELOHIM ALMIGHTY WHO IS THE POWER does not empty Himself. The heavens and the heavens of the heavens cannot contain Him. And IF Yeshua was already Almighty God from birth then WHY would he need to empty himself at all? WHY could not Almighty God dwell together with Almighty God? Imagine for a moment that you are a wine glass, with the ability to empty yourself, and you are full of red wine. You then empty yourself of your contents so that another who is greater than you can fill you with the one and only perfect red wine from above. When you are become filled with the perfect red wine from above is that wine now you? And if another takes a drink from your glass are they drinking what was yours from the beginning? Did you not empty your contents so that you might be filled with the best wine? If you now claim that your contents are your own, (i.e. FROM yourself, you being the SOURCE of your contents) then you have committed robbery and plunder because you did not give the glory to the One Greater than you who filled you with the best wine.

Your skip roping lamb proves you are going to fall.

Already fallen, and yet Messiah raised me back up. :)

AND that vessel can be both man and God as the scriptures tell us.

"I have said, You are Elohim, and all of you are sons of the Most High: but you shall die as men, and fall as one of the sarim-princes! Arise, O Elohim, judge the earth: for you shall inherit all the nations!"

:sheep:

God's Truth

Philippians 2:7 RSV (Revised Standard Version)
7. but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

That tells us that Jesus is God the Father come as a Man.

Philippians 2:7 ASV (American Standard Version)
7. but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;

Philippians 2:7 YLT (Young's Literal Bible Translation)
7. but did empty himself, the form of a servant having taken, in the likeness of men having been made,
A vessel can be emptied but YHWH ELOHIM ALMIGHTY WHO IS THE POWER does not empty Himself.
God came from heaven to earth as a Man...Jesus is God who emptied himself.

The heavens and the heavens of the heavens cannot contain Him. And IF Yeshua was already Almighty God from birth then WHY would he need to empty himself at all? WHY could not Almighty God dwell together with Almighty God? Imagine for a moment that you are a wine glass, with the ability to empty yourself, and you are full of red wine. You then empty yourself of your contents so that another who is greater than you can fill you with the one and only perfect red wine from above. When you are become filled with the perfect red wine from above is that wine now you? And if another takes a drink from your glass are they drinking what was yours from the beginning? Did you not empty your contents so that you might be filled with the best wine? If you now claim that your contents are your own, (i.e. FROM yourself, you being the SOURCE of your contents) then you have committed robbery and plunder because you did not give the glory to the One Greater than you who filled you with the best wine.

Already fallen, and yet Messiah raised me back up. :)
You can still fall, again.
2 Peter 1:10

daqq

That tells us that Jesus is God the Father come as a Man.

God came from heaven to earth as a Man...Jesus is God who emptied himself.

You can still fall, again.
2 Peter 1:10

Okay, just so I understand you correctly:

1) You believe Jesus is the Father and God Almighty.
2) You believe God Almighty emptied Himself to be filled with the Spirit.
3) You believe God Almighty died and raised Himself up from the dead.

I will admit that what you believe takes more "faith" than I have. :crackup:
But then we probably do not have the same understanding of faithfulness. :)

:sheep:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
spiritual resurrection as primary.......

spiritual resurrection as primary.......

Why not stick with the truth, the fact of the bodily resurrection.

Well,.....among the many theories, we can still hold to the essential reality of the spirit, recognizing its eternality, divine nature and immortality-potential. If this is the case, and the spirit of man naturally and automatically RISES from the fallen, mortal body upon physical death,...then that in itself is a 'resurrection' of sorts, while as man continues on in spiritual progress and perfection, he may also partake more of the divine nature and share in the immortality of God (becoming truly 'immortal'),...by such a 'transformation' of being.

While at least one early Chrsitian creed admitted to a 'bodily' resurrection,....one was changed to say a 'fleshly' resurrection, as the concept of a 'physical' resurrection become more 'orthodox',...but spiritualists have always maintained and naturally believe that Jesus resurrection is essentially a 'spiritual' one, no matter how we describe the constitution of the resurrected body. That Jesus ROSE, is good and well, and it serves its teaching-purpose to show the triumph of the spirit over death, the path all souls take after laying down the mortal body, to ascend in their 'astral' or 'spiritual' bodies. In this case, a physical resurrection is unnecessary (unless souls continue to re-incarnate to continue their spiritual progress thru 'multiple life experiences' and learn and become perfected thereby). Otherwise,...souls may just continue on in the ethereal/spirit-realms, according the law of eternal progression, and entering into higher more pure spheres,....they naturally undergo a purification or transformation of sorts.

pj

keypurr

When it comes from you, you're right...I DON'T get it, because it's incredulous and totally garbage. Jesus is NOT a god, He IS our God and Savior.
No God did not make Him a form of God, He gave the man Jesus ALL authority. Sad you don't know the difference.
The inner workings of your reasoning on display here, are just more evidence that you're deceived and confused.
Moses was NOT a god.
In fact, Phil 2:9 says God made Jesus higher than any other name. That would include God's name.
He had the fullness of God keypurr, NOT the father.
Is Isaiah 9:6 correct or not keypurr? How many names does God have in the Bible you say you know and understand?
It is 900+, and they ALL describe God and His attributes and qualities. That you limit Him to ONE name, only shows you do NOT know Him at all.

You just said God made Jesus higher than any other name.

Your joking if you do not understand that GOD glorified Jesus Christ, GOD is greater than All, just as Jesus told you.

You live in fairytale world Stan and sadly God's Truth is right there with you. You have the theology of a two year old.

There is only one true most high God. That would be the Father. God gave powers to his subjects to do his will. Moses was one and so is Jesus. His job was to hold the true spiritual son Christ. But your not smart enough to see that. I bet you still sit on Santa's lap at Christmas time. How about the Easter Bunny, still get a basket?