Jesus is God !

God's Truth

Unfortunately you can't comprehend that God is a spirit being by nature. So every time you read the word Spirit, you think it's talking about the Holy Spirit, who is a member of the Godhead just as the Father and Son are.

I know...... it's so complicated, and would require some serious deliberation for you to figure it out.

You aren't into serious deliberation, as you've recently made clear in your refusal to answer a question posed by Judge Rightly. :chuckle:

The scriptures say there is only one God and He is the Father.
The scriptures say that Jesus is the Spirit.
The scriptures says that there is only one Spirit.

Since there is only one God and He is the one Spirit and Father, then Jesus must be that one and only God the Father and Spirit.

glorydaz

The scriptures say there is only one God and He is the Father.

No, that's just the way you like to read that particular verse which is talking about there being many false gods and many false lords. Paul was stating what the Shema states....The LORD our GOD is ONE LORD. If you actually read the verse in question, you would see Paul is saying the Father and the Son are the ONE LORD GOD.

What difference do you see, and what does that difference mean?

of whom are all things, and we in him; or by whom are all things, and we by him.

The scriptures say the Lord is the Spirit.

No, that's just the way you like to read that particular verse which says, The Lord is THAT Spirit....speaking of the Spirit of the Living God and the ministration of the law - spirit as opposed to letter. 2 Cor. 3:17KJV Another instance of you not understanding what Paul is saying, leaving you to rip a verse out of context.

2 Cor. 3:3-6KJV Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.​

The scriptures says that there is only one Spirit.

That verse is talking about the ONE Spirit by which we are saved, which IS referring to the Holy Spirit.

Since there is only one God and He is the one Spirit and Father, then Jesus must be that one and only God the Father and Spirit.

And this is your connect the dot thinking that leads you into all error. You must outgrow that "connect the dot" way of understanding, because it's childish and foolish, and causes you to say really stupid things.

God's Truth

No, that's just the way you like to read that particular verse which is talking about there being many false gods and many false lords. Paul was stating what the Shema states....The LORD our GOD is ONE LORD. If you actually read the verse in question, you would see Paul is saying the Father and the Son are the ONE LORD GOD.

What difference do you see, and what does that difference mean?

of whom are all things, and we in him; or by whom are all things, and we by him.

No, that's just the way you like to read that particular verse which says, The Lord is THAT Spirit....speaking of the Spirit of the Living God and the ministration of the law - spirit as opposed to letter. 2 Cor. 3:17KJV Another instance of you not understanding what Paul is saying, leaving you to rip a verse out of context.

2 Cor. 3:3-6KJV Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.​

That verse is talking about the ONE Spirit by which we are saved, which IS referring to the Holy Spirit.

And this is your connect the dot thinking that leads you into all error. You must outgrow that "connect the dot" way of understanding, because it's childish and foolish, and causes you to say really stupid things.

When Jesus himself lives in the saved, the Father is living in the saved.

glorydaz

When Jesus himself lives in the saved, the Father is living in the saved.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.​

God's Truth

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.​

The Holy Spirit lives in the saved...the Father lives in the saved...Jesus himself lives in the saved. One and the same.

God's Truth

The Spirit of Jesus Christ lives in us.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

If Jesus is not Spirit, how does he live in our hearts?

Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

keypurr

The Word WAS GOD....from the beginning. John 1:1

That we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true...in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This is the true God and eternal life.

God is Light....Jesus is the True Light. So clear....

1 John 5:20
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

1 John 1
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.​

Jesus was born to Mary, he was not at the creation.

God and his logos were before the beginning.

Your not seeing it glorydaz.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

marhig

The Holy Spirit lives in the saved...the Father lives in the saved...Jesus himself lives in the saved. One and the same.
GT can I ask you what you think of this verse?

John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode with him.

I've only capitalised those words to show you what I mean. Thanks

heir

TOL Subscriber
God is Spirit. That is what the scripture says. You can read with wisdom, try it.
Actually, it says "a Spirit" and says that they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So when it says in John 1:1 KJV that in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; you should worship God in Spirit and in truth believing it, but you don't.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And here you call yourself "God's truth". pfft

God's Truth

GT can I ask you what you think of this verse?

John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode with him.

I've only capitalised those words to show you what I mean. Thanks

That scripture is the ultimate importance in proving that there is only ONE SPIRIT and that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are that same one and only Spirit.

God's Truth

Actually, it says "a Spirit" and says that they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So when it says in John 1:1 KJV that in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; you should worship God in Spirit and in truth believing it, but you don't.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And here you call yourself "God's truth". pfft

God is Spirit, God is the Spirit, God is a Spirit---doesn't matter which way you say it. We are not to argue about words such as 'the' and 'is' and 'a'. None of those words change a thing.

2 Timothy 2:14 Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

God's Truth

One ... not the "same". One God; Three persons... the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Spirit.... just like the BIBLE says.

One means the same.

You cannot get around it.

Jesus says that he himself will live in the saved; God the Father Himself will live in the saved. They are the one and exact same Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
The Word was God. The Father is the one and only God.

Show where I say the Holy Spirit is not God.

You can never ever show it.

I have been explaining that the Father is Spirit, the Son is Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is Spirit, and they are all the one and only Spirit.
Whereas the BIBLE says:
The Father is God.
The Son is God.
The Holy Spirit is God.

The Bible says: The THREE are ONE.
GT says: The three figures are one and the same.

You're wrong and always have been. Believe the truth instead.

Right Divider

Body part

God's Truth

Whereas the BIBLE says:
The Father is God.
The Son is God.
The Holy Spirit is God.

The Bible says: The THREE are ONE.
GT says: The three figures are one and the same.

You're wrong and always have been. Believe the truth instead.

The word God is not plural.

There is one God who reveals Himself in three, which are all the same one God.

God's Truth

No, it does not.

You attempt to PERVERT the truth.

One God, One Spirit, three persons (and not your imaginary "figures").

You say one God, one Spirit, three persons.

But what does the Truth say:

The three 'Persons' are Spirit.

Think.

God is Spirit.

That is what SCRIPTURE says.

According to you God is "One God, One Spirit, three persons."

However, the scripture says, "God is Spirit".

John 4:24 God is a Spirit:

A person does not even exist without a spirit. We ARE our spirit.

Read that a few times and think about it hard.

A person does not even exist without a spirit, and WE ARE our spirit.