Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

Nope;

2 Peter 3:3-13 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God 1 the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But 2 the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for 3 new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness

glorydaz

Nope;

2 Peter 3:3-13 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God 1 the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But 2 the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for 3 new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness

The heavens and earth were not destroyed with the flood.

You can count alright, but your reading comprehension is sub-par.

genuineoriginal

He did say it, by saying that He is God's Son. The Jews knew that meant that He is also God and so took up stones to kill Him when He said it.

The Jews were mistaken, which is the reason Jesus corected them and made sure everyone listening heard that He wasn't claiming to be God but He was claiming to be the Son of God.

genuineoriginal

Here's what genuineoriginal said:

Let's see:

• GO called Joseph "THE ruler of all of Egypt"
  • GO called Pharaoh "THE ruler of all of Egypt"

Here's another question for you and GO to stonewall against:

Is THE ruler of all of Egypt EQUAL TO THE ruler of all of Egypt? Yes or No?
Are you attempting to claim that every time the word "the" is used it always means "the one and only"? If so, you are THE idiot that doesn't understand that your argument does not work.

genuineoriginal

Are you saying that the Jews written of in John 10:30-36 KJV believed that Jesus is God, like glorydaz and I believe that Jesus is God?

The Jews thought was claiming to be equal with God. Jesus corrected that false belief and repeated that He is the Son of God. You go beyond the mistake the Jews made because they thought Jesus claimed to be equal with God and you think Jesus claimed to be God Himself .

genuineoriginal

You're a dyed-in-the-wool irrationalist, to be able, out of one side of your mouth, to say that Scripture SUPPORTS that Jesus is God, while, out of the other side of your mouth, saying that Scripture NEVER TEACHES that Jesus is God.

Try to explain what (if anything) you imagine it would be to SUPPORT a doctrine WITHOUT TEACHING the selfsame doctrine.
You are too irrational to understand, but for the sake of others I will explain.
There are things that the Bible teaches, and those things are always true.
There are doctrines of men that are not taught by the Bible, but men believe them because they can point to verses they don't understand as "proof" of their non-Biblical doctrines. These "proof texts" from the Bible support their beliefs, even when those beliefs are never taught by the Bible.

Dartman

The heavens and earth were not destroyed with the flood.

You can count alright, but your reading comprehension is sub-par.
Peter doesn't agree with you. He compares "the heavens and earth" that was "of old" to "the heavens and earth which are now".
You can make all the silly "reading comprehension" remarks you like, and you won't change Peter's message.
You are merely attempting to bluff your way out of an argument you lost.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Jews thought was claiming to be equal with God. Jesus corrected that false belief and repeated that He is the Son of God. You go beyond the mistake the Jews made because they thought Jesus claimed to be equal with God and you think Jesus claimed to be God Himself .
I think you need to read the passage again...

He wasn't correcting them. Rather, He was affirming that he was God without stating so directly.

Jesus answered them, [JESUS]“Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’?If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”[/JESUS] - John 10:34-38 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John10:34-38&version=NKJV

Notice what their response to his words:

Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their hand. - John 10:39 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John10:39&version=NKJV

Why try to seize Him, and again, for that matter?

Because it was against their laws to stone someone within the city walls, and they placed their laws above righteousness. Consider Acts 7:57-60.

In other words, they were still trying to stone Him.

Why?

Because He was STILL claiming to be God.

---

No, GO, Jesus wasn't correcting them because they were wrong, He was affirming that He was God through His actions, on the testimony of what He was doing and from Whom He was sent.

genuineoriginal

Wrong, the Jews understood exactly what our Lord was claiming. You're the one that can't see.

If their understanding was right, then Jesus lied when He corrected them.
In fact, if Jesus is God Himself, then Jesus spent most of His time on earth lying to everyone.

Dartman

Wrong, the Jews understood exactly what our Lord was claiming. You're the one that can't see.
You are Wrong, and, so were the Jews that murdered Jesus.
It never ceases to amaze me, how DESPERATE onetarians are! To cling to the accusations of murderers, rather than what Jesus actually said is insane.

Notice you NEVER find any of the disciples stating that Jesus was making himself God. Here is what THEY said;
Matt 16:15-17 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

John 6:67-69 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? 68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

And, I know ..... about now you will trot out the tired, mutated interpretation of John 20:28 ..... and try to turn Thomas' exultation of both his Lord, who had been raised from the dead, and his God who DID the raising ..... into something utterly contradictory to the rest of Scripture.

How truly desperate ..... and sad.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If their understanding was right, then Jesus lied when He corrected them.
In fact, if Jesus is God Himself, then Jesus spent most of His time on earth lying to everyone.

Or, their accusations were correct, that He WAS making Himself out to be God, because He WAS and IS God, and You're too blind to recognize that what He said does not contradict that fact.

Yes He was correcting them.
You are just making yourself too blind to see that because it doesn't fit what you have chosen to believe.

Says the one who deletes most of my post which explains why He WASN'T correcting them, so that he can accuse me of asserting a position that just "fits what I have chosen to believe," rather than try to argue with a simple reading of scripture.

Saying it doesn't make it so, GO.

However, your actions show that YOU'RE the one who has made himself blind to the Truth.

Jesus is God, and He never denied it when accused.

chair

We have what are called Hebrew copies. The semitic language Jesus used is very Aramaic in syntax. Why? and why are the targums in Aramaic first?

Here's what you originally wrote:
... Since Aramaic is the version of Hebrew that Jesus used; the old testament was originally written Aramaic.

Jesus likely spoke Aramaic. That was the common language in the region in his time. The Targum translates the Hebrew Bible into Aramaic, to make it easier for the average man to understand the Old Testament. The Old Testament was written many centuries before the time of Jesus. It is mostly written in Hebrew- which is why the Targum was needed later on. There are a few sections from the later parts of the OT that were written in Aramaic (parts of Daniel and Ezra come to mind). But as a whole- it was written in Ancient Hebrew, not Aramaic. I'm not sure what is causing the confusion in your mind about this.

TrevorL

Greetings again 7djengo7,
Of WHAT does this "alignment" that you speak of consist?
Are you accusing glorydaz and me of charging Jesus with blasphemy, like the Jews written of in John 10:30-36 KJV charged Jesus with blasphemy?
-OR-
Are you saying that the Jews written of in John 10:30-36 KJV believed that Jesus is God, like glorydaz and I believe that Jesus is God?
Neither. The Jews in John 10:30-36 did not believe that Jesus is God, otherwise they would not have accused him of blasphemy. Rather they accused Jesus of blasphemy because they assumed that Jesus was claiming to be God. Jesus rejected their accusation and answered their false accusation thoroughly and summarized this by stating that he was the Son of God. You and glorydaz align yourselves with their wrong assessment and accusation.

Kind regards
Trevor

SonOfCaleb

Greetings again SonOfCaleb,Rather Adonai means Lord and Elohim means God and are usually translated this way, and are titles. For you to say that Elohim means Lord could be just a simple slip of the pen or keyboard, or rather it indicates that you have not examined this subject personally in detail, but partaken of the general JW environment which discourages personal research and understanding from the Scriptures and also using outside resources. I doubt that you have personal study resources, such as language resources and commentaries and this situation was revealed to me by my JW contact.

With all due respect you dont know the first thing about me, my faith as a JW nor the research material i use. So if we're going to converse A) Do not make crass presumptions and B) Change your tone. I own a considerable amount on the topic of linguistics and etymology as its personal interest of mine. These are topics that i have stuided extensively. The mere fact you've made such a ridculous statement (underlined above) is clear testament to how little you know about the JW's. So again do not insult me or my faith otherwise this discussion is done.

clefty

You just contradicted yourself. Jesus is the temple of God and so are the saved.

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

The Holy Spirit is God the Father and Jesus Christ.

Oh right...forgot you are not just dense as a brick but are literally an entire building...

clefty

Why do you keep saying such things about the Holy Spirit? What is your point?
point is that as a throne there is no place for a Holy Spirit to sit...so either He has to stand the whole time...NOT EQUAL WITH THE OTHER TWO or maybe it’s Yah’s spirit needing no third third place to sit...

By the way, did you forget that we are discussing together because you wrongly said Jesus didn’t change the old law?

Didn’t forget we are discussing the majesty of a Perfect Being His PERFECT UNCHANGED LAW

Which will be the one we will live and reign by with HIM...

Status
Not open for further replies.