Jehovah alone is the creator of the Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigger 2

Apple 7 Reply #118 above continues with insults.

His quote of Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament, #3205, p. 349 quotes the inserted note by the Trinitarian translator, not a quote of Gesenius. The Preface of this work admits that the translator has inserted his own opinions in brackets within the actual words of Gesenius. Apple 7's quote is entirely within the bracketed opinion of the translator!

Gesenius is accurately quoted in my post above.

See how one can reply to his opponent without being insulting (personal attack).

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

His quote of Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament, #3205, p. 349 quotes the inserted note by the Trinitarian translator, not a quote of Gesenius. The Preface of this work admits that the translator has inserted his own opinions in brackets within the actual words of Gesenius. Apple 7's quote is entirely within the bracketed opinion of the translator!

See how one can reply to his opponent without being insulting (personal attack).

very good tigger, we can all take a lesson from you.

Apple7

Incorrect, again.

The brackets mentioned in the preface (XII) are located half inside, and half outside of the portions that you deceitfully and conveniently forgot to quote.

You can't fool anyone.

:cigar:

Tigger 2

Incorrect, again.

The brackets mentioned in the preface (XII) are located half inside, and half outside of the portions that you deceitfully and conveniently forgot to quote.

You can't fool anyone.

Sorry, but the first bracket [ occurs just before the words "[Whatever difficulty .... and the closing bracket ] is after your quote and at the end of the paragraph which ends with "begotten by the word of truth.]"

Will you not at least admit your error for once?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hardly.

I personally own the very book that T2 'quoted' from, and the only lesson learned here is the utter desperation of T2 in falsely quoting the lexicon.

I was remarking that tigger behaved himself, not he was right about anything. If he does not have the right thinking on is matter, then try to help him out.

Tigger 2

In answer to Ktoyou above.

If anyone here tries to help me out they won't continue the personal attacks and general nastiness, but will admit any errors pointed out to them - as will I.

Apple7

You're busted...

You're busted...

Which lie are you going to go with?

This one...

Apple 7's quote is entirely within the bracketed opinion of the translator!

Or this newly developed one...

Sorry, but the first bracket [ occurs just before the words "[Whatever difficulty .... and the closing bracket ] is after your quote and at the end of the paragraph which ends with "begotten by the word of truth.]"

Will you not at least admit your error for once?

Keep moving those lie goal-posts of yours...

Apple7

Greetings again glorydaz and Apple7,Yes.I believe that Jesus was conceived and born. God the Father was his father and Mary his mother. This, in a sense was a creative process.

Kind regards
Trevor

The worldview of your cult does not match scripture, Trev.

Try backing-up your beliefs with the original languages of scripture.

I know that you won't...but try, for once... :)

glorydaz

Greetings again glorydaz and Apple7,Yes.I believe that Jesus was conceived and born. God the Father was his father and Mary his mother. This, in a sense was a creative process.

Kind regards
Trevor

Actually, God the Holy Ghost came upon Mary.

Matt. 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Conceived of the Holy Ghost, and called the Son of God.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.​

Tigger 2

Incorrect, again.

You can't fool anyone.

I hope everyone here will examine p. 349 (CCCXLIX) of the book in question. Who is fooling whom? And why? Where are the brackets [ ]? Does "the first bracket [ occur just before the words "[Whatever difficulty .... and the closing bracket ] is after your quote and at the end of the paragraph which ends with "begotten by the word of truth.]" as I wrote above and Apple7 strongly and nastily denied?

https://archive.org/details/hebrewchaldeelex00geseuoft/page/349

Tigger 2

Please everyone check it out! Click on the link and examine the upper left-hand part of the page. I'm tired of being insulted and lied about over and over.

TrevorL

Greetings again glorydaz,
Actually, God the Holy Ghost came upon Mary.
Matt. 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Conceived of the Holy Ghost, and called the Son of God.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.​
The Holy Spirit is “the power of the Highest” Luke 1:35, and the Highest is the One God, the Father. Jesus addresses God the Father as “Father” and when he thus spoke he was not speaking to the Holy Spirit. The One God is pre-eminently called God the Father because He is the father of Jesus, and only through Jesus all his brethren become sons of God and address God the Father as “our Father” as instructed by Jesus. Do you pray to God the Holy Spirit? Your Trinity concepts confuse the simple truth that there is One God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
The worldview of your cult does not match scripture, Trev. Try backing-up your beliefs with the original languages of scripture. I know that you won't...but try, for once... :)
Of four series on Learning Hebrew I persevered a few years ago with Beginners, Intermediate but did not progress to the Advanced and Translation series. My impression is that you are not always accurate when you use “the original languages”. After a recent discussion I looked up two recent purchases by a Jewish scholar and a CofE scholar, but both seemed to disagree with what you stated. Both of these were University Hebrew lecturers and well recognised in their particular field. Maybe you only got 51% in your exam.

Kind regards
Trevor

glorydaz

Greetings again glorydaz,The Holy Spirit is “the power of the Highest” Luke 1:35, and the Highest is the One God, the Father.

No, that is not what the verse says. Words matter.

The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee. He has Power because He is God.

Luke 1:35
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.​

Just as Christ has Power because He is God.

Here we see Christ is the power of God. Are you claiming Christ is the Holy Ghost, too?

1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.​

TrevorL

Greetings again glorydaz,
No, that is not what the verse says. Words matter.
The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee. He has Power because He is God.
Luke 1:35
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.​
Just as Christ has Power because He is God.
Here we see Christ is the power of God. Are you claiming Christ is the Holy Ghost, too?
1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.​
I understand the two phrases:
The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee,
and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee
are equivalent and complementary similar to what we find in Hebrew poetry for example Psalm 19:1, that is Hebrew parallelism, where the two phrases say much the same concepts using different words. Why is God the Father called “Father” and “the Father”.

Kind regards
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.