James White to Debate Bob Enyart on Open Theism

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Her vulgar name-calling . . .
How does bad language by anyone consign them to eternal punishment? While it may speak to poor judgment, education, lack of patience, having a bad day, etc., I fail to see the connection to one's regenerated status.

AMR

Nang

TOL Subscriber
How does bad language by anyone consign them to eternal punishment? While it may speak to poor judgment, education, lack of patience, having a bad day, etc., I fail to see the connection to one's regenerated status.

AMR

Uh . . . where have you been?

Have you not seen what she has called me?

No one calls a "sister" in Christ, vulgar names such as "Nagina."

Unless, you think that is clever and cute?

If you do, you are not my brother in Christ.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You just kid yourself, Delmar, if you think GD considers God to be Sovereign.

There is no question in my mind that she does, though I am certain that neither of us completely agree with your definition of the word.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There is no question in my mind that she does, though I am certain that neither of us completely agree with your definition of the word.

God only knows what is your and GD's definition of "divine sovereignty" but I can tell you it proves not to be scriptural, let alone absolute.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes it (the Nangina affair) was in bad taste, albeit provoked needlessly and likely to have went unnoticed but for another's repetitive posts, as a reasonable person would know how others here would pile on and thus such a statement should not have been made that would lead others to sin.

If I recall the intent was to draw a parallel from a work of literature that ended up a calamity of misspelling the name therein. You argued this rationale was an attempt at back-peddling when painted into a corner, but the author disagreed. No one can discern the truth of either explanation. That said, again I ask, how is the use of vile language in the midst of high passions running amok an indisputable indication of one's regenerated state?

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Her denial of the sovereignty of God . . .

This is a serious issue that I cannot dispute. Yet, here the issue is one of degree that Arminians and unsettled theists will hold. I do consider Arminians in error and denying themselves of the full measure of blessedness that comes from the doctrines of grace. That does not generally place all Arminians outside the faith. See my extensive discussion here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99846

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Her disrespect and hatred towards confessional saints . . .
A non-issue of regenerated status, Nang.

I can point to numerous saints that had plenty to say polemically about their brethren. Surely we do not consider them unregenerated just because they gave in to their passions at the time and in the historical context they were made. At the time the church militant was in a fight for truth and much was said that would not pass the politically correct climate we have today. Sadly this is often overlooked and folks just think these old, dead, guys were haters. Nothing can be further from the truth. In times of war, spiritual or secular, all manner of bad acting takes place.

AMR

Nang

TOL Subscriber
A non-issue of regenerated status, Nang.

I can point to numerous saints that had plenty to say polemically about their brethren. Surely we do not consider them unregenerated just because they gave in to their passions at the time and in the historical context they were made. At the time the church militant was in a fight for truth and much was said that would not pass the politically correct climate we have today. Sadly this is often overlooked and folks just think these old, dead, guys were haters. Nothing can be further from the truth. In times of war, spiritual or secular, all manner of bad acting takes place.

AMR

Your last posts are devastating . . .

No brother in the Lord would make such excuses for such deliberate evil against one of their own.

You are not my brother in the Lord, after all!

How could I have been so deceived, for so long!

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are not my brother in the Lord, after all!

How could I have been so deceived, for so long!
Nang,

You are over reacting here, sister. That you have been one of the most vilely maligned persons, and an older women at that, is not in dispute. I have went out of my way to note that this grieves me is a matter of record in my past posts and you know this. I have made it clear that no one, men especially, should be treating you, or anyone, as you have been treated. But I cannot make it my life's mission to defend you at every turn when there are times you just inexplicably poke the hornet's nest and then wonder at the reaction.

Please reconsider your statements.

AMR

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang,

You are over reacting here, sister. That you have been one of the most vilely maligned persons, and an older women at that, is not in dispute. I have went out of my way to note that this grieves me is a matter of record in my past posts and you know this. I have made it clear that no one, men especially, should be treating you, or anyone, as you have been treated. But I cannot make it my life's mission to defend you at every turn when there are times you just inexplicably poke the hornet's nest and then wonder at the reaction.

Please reconsider your statements.

AMR

I am not your sister . . .

and I should have recognized that ever since December 2008, but I hoped otherwise for all these years, since your first unreasonable and harsh rejection of both my husband and myself.

I am a fool in the Lord . . . not your sister in the Lord.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not your sister . . .

and I should have recognized that ever since December 2008, but I hoped otherwise for all these years, since your first unreasonable and harsh rejection of both my husband and myself.

I am a fool in the Lord . . . not your sister in the Lord.
Again I ask you to reconsider this, Nang. Your memory is quite long for past perceived offenses. I only hope that is just as long for past perceived love for you and your husband.

AMR

glorydaz

Uh . . . where have you been?

Have you not seen what she has called me?

No one calls a "sister" in Christ, vulgar names such as "Nagina."

Unless, you think that is clever and cute?

If you do, you are not my brother in Christ.

No sister in Christ would have such a dirty mind that they would jump to the conclusion you did about the name of a cobra in a famous short story. :chuckle:

Women just don't call other women names that are a normal part of their anatomy. I've heard men do so, but never a woman. You're just proving what a fool you are, and what a spoiled prideful litte ninny you are. I can't believe you're so ignorant as to continue to whine about something that never even happened.

Actually, I know what it is...you are flat out jealous that AMR was polite to me. You want every man on this site to pant after your little white apron as you serve him up a cup of your poison coffee. Play the victim, Nagaina, your victims may draw closer so you can sink your poisonous fangs deeper and deeper. :peach: