James White to Debate Bob Enyart on Open Theism

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
If you cannot contribute to a theological debate with scripture and intelligent argument, I suggest you refrain from stupid misrepresentations of any of the views being discussed.

:down:

IOW's, this post is without credentials and thus unnecessarily distractive.
I said in a brief statement exactly what Calvinists claim.

And reported.
Big whoop.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I said in a brief statement exactly what Calvinists claim.

No you did not. For your "brief statement" does not reflect the Reformed (Calvinist) view AT ALL!

You lie and bear false witness, just in order to be cute and oppose those, who know more than you know, in order to offset biblical oppostion to the cultic beliefs you have stupidly adopted as your own.

You asserted in a brief and ignorant statement, what you want to believe is the Calvinist position . . . without any scriptural basis or decent grounds for even entering the discussion, other than your own misguided opinion.

Christian Liberty

He can change. He just can't change.
- Calvinist

A reprobate can respond to the Bible just because a lion can reject a dead antelope in favor of eating vegetables. Its physically possible but it is against the reprobate's nature and thus will never happen.

Now, inject a shot into the lion that changes its biology and makes it a herbivore...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
A reprobate can respond to the Bible just because a lion can reject a dead antelope in favor of eating vegetables. Its physically possible but it is against the reprobate's nature and thus will never happen.

Now, inject a shot into the lion that changes its biology and makes it a herbivore...
Ummmmm, we are talking about God changing.
Not reprobates, or lions, tigers and bears.
Oh my.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes I did.

If you think you did so, you are just plain lying, wrong, or deaf, and spiritually blind.

How dare you make such a DISRUPTIVE statement, without foundation, in the midst of a serious and earnest debate?

It amounts to nothing more than empty ad hominem meant to deflect from the discussion.

I would have thought better of you . . . :madmad:

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
- Calvinist

Tambora, I see that a lot. He decrees everything; doesn't decree the really bad stuff. The criminal acts by his own will -- but he could not have done otherwise. God could have decreed any way He wanted to -- but He eternally had foreknowledge of the way He decreed. Etc., etc., etc.

Reminds me of Vishnu created everything and Vishnu created nothing.

Calvinists routinely deny their own teaching that God decreed everything because even they can't stomach the implications, and they know that most people recoil at the perversion of their theology, the very perversion that causes them to so often deny their own doctrine.

- Calvinist

Posted from the TOL App!

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can I copy and paste this, and maybe change it ever so slightly. and then pretend like it's mine?

Never mind, I know what you're going to say. :sigh:
By all means feel free to liberally take from me what I have taken from those that have come before us. ;)

AMR

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Tambora, I see that a lot. He decrees everything; doesn't decree the really bad stuff; the criminal acts of his own will -- but couldn't have done otherwise; God could have decreed any way He wanted to -- but He eternally had foreknowledge of the way He decreed; etc., etc.

Calvinists routinely deny their own teaching that God decreed everything because even they can't stomach the implications, and they know that most people recoil at the perversion of their theology, the very perversion that causes them to so often deny their own doctrine.

Posted from the TOL App!

The truth is God is immutable. God does NOT change.

Your denials and the cute language used by others, in attempt to deny this absolute truth, cannot change the truth. (No pun intended.)

Truth is truth. If changed, truth is less than truth.

God is God. If mutable, God is not God.

You hold the latter view, which reflects unbelief on your part, to your own peril.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora, I see that a lot. He decrees everything; doesn't decree the really bad stuff; the criminal acts of his own will -- but couldn't have done otherwise; God could have decreed any way He wanted to -- but He eternally had foreknowledge of the way He decreed; etc., etc.

Good to see you taking a break from Private Messaging most if the time you are online here to contribute publicly, Rev. Enyart.

To the matter of the decree, I refer you to the following:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2251901#post2251901

I think you will find it more than adequately answers your misinformed screed. :AMR:

The Reformed view of the matter of God changing is well discussed here:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3983438#post3983438

Feel free to interact with the content linked therein rather than misrepresenting your opponent. The tactic plays to the crowd well, but the discerning see through it for what it is. Anytime you are willing to discuss the topic in a One on One, I will be happy to oblige you, Pastor. Just sayin'.

AMR

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I know I did so.

You asserted your opinion.

You presented no decent argument of opposition; nor did you present an apologetic for your contradictory view.

And you still offer nothing of worth to this thread . . .

Christian Liberty

Posted from the TOL App!

God decrees everything, Bob. Even the bad stuff. You call yourself a "pastor" but I doubt you've ever even read Isaiah 46, Isaiah 10, Romans 9, or John 6.

Read the Gordon Clark quote in Nang's sig, it destroys the self-worshipping implications of your statement.

The definition of "just" is "that which is in agreement with God." What higher standard do you have, Bob? Yourself? Probably, because you are an idolater who worships a God who cannot actually save his people from their sins. Heck, your idol doesn't even know whether a given unsaved man will ever come to repentance or not.

Do you pray for your lost friends, Bob? If so, why? After all, the god you worship cannot do anything for them.

You've made a god in your own image, Bob. You do not worship the God of the Bible, because you are not a Christian. You are commanded to repent and believe the gospel, and I pray that God will give you the ability to do so, that you might not be eternally damned.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
He decrees everything; doesn't decree the really bad stuff; the criminal acts of his own will

No genuine Christian would ever dare to use language such as this, by suggesting that God is "criminal" in any of his holy purposes or decrees.

Such thinking and poor opinion, reflects nothing but rebellion in your heart against the goodness of the most Sovereign God Almighty.

:nono:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned

Posted from the TOL App!
I know, Bob.

And then we have to listen to .... "Well, let me give you a 10 page essay on what we really mean by the word, so you can understand what we are saying."

As if the word "change" is so darn complicated, hardly anyone knows what it REALLY means.

Cracks me up!!!!!

glorydaz

Yes I did.

If you think you did so, you are just plain lying, wrong, or deaf, and spiritually blind.

How dare you make such a DISRUPTIVE statement, without foundation, in the midst of a serious and earnest debate?

It amounts to nothing more than empty ad hominem meant to deflect from the discussion.

I would have thought better of you . . . :madmad:

Oh my, what a horrible thing for Tam to say. So disruptive to her highness' insensibilities.

Nang, you are one brick shy of a load, and shouldn't be scolding someone who never fails to come fully loaded.

glorydaz

No genuine Christian would ever dare to use language such as this, by suggesting that God is "criminal" in any of his holy purposes or decrees.

Such thinking and poor opinion, reflects nothing but rebellion in your heart against the goodness of the most Sovereign God Almighty.

:nono:

Uh, Nang, it's you and Calvin that not only "suggest" but outright PROCLAIM God picks and chooses who to save based on nothing more than His Sovereign Whim. I can understand why you're in a panic and have gone into your raving maniac mode.