ECT Israel's Prophetic Clock stopped in 70AD, not in Mid Acts

ClimateSanity

That's correct.

I have successfully demonstrated that Dispensationalism is a false belief system by showing the "prophetic clock" claim cannot stand the test of scripture.

Luke 19:44 proves the "prophetic clock" claim as false.

Dispensationalism is built upon the "prophetic clock" claim.

Therefore, Dispensationalism is false.

Not you, nor any other Darby follower has been able to defend the claim.
I could have sworn you have claimed dispensationalism was based on two dozen things or so at one time or another.

Let me help you out. Israel is not the church. Things that are different are not the same. God is not done with elect Israel. Israel and jewsare not always two different things.

KNOCK THOSE THINGS DOWN. Then you might have actually done something

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I could have sworn you have claimed dispensationalism was based on two dozen things or so at one time or another.

The foundation of Dispensationalism is the demarcation line between Israel and "the church".

The theory goes.....that God stopped dealing with Israel, and inserted a secret parenthetical dispensation. The reason for this secret dispensation is the alleged prophetic clock of Israel being stopped/paused.

So, now that I have proved the stopped clock theory false, the foundation of Dispensationalism is proven false.

Let me help you out.

You should try helping yourself.

Neither you, nor any other Darby follower has been able to defend the stopped clock claim.

Israel is not the church.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

Things that are different are not the same.

Yes, Dispensationalism is different than what is written in the Bible.

God is not done with elect Israel.

Yes He is.

We now live in the New Covenant where there is no longer a distinction between Jew and Gentile. In the NC, those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

Israel and jewsare not always two different things.

That doesn't help you.

Most Darby followers think all Israelites are Jews.

KNOCK THOSE THINGS DOWN. Then you might have actually done something

I've knocked down the foundation of Dispensationalism.

Not one of you Darby followers can reconcile the stopped clock with the events that took place in 70AD.

Dispensationalism has been proven wrong.

My Proof: Not one of you Dispies can defend the stopped clock claim.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Darby hater.
It's not nice to hate.

Why is it not nice to hate?

The Lord hated:

(Rev 2:15 KJV) So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

Just substitute "doctrine of dispensationalism" with "doctrine of the Nicolaitanes" in the above verse.

Danoh

The foundation of Dispensationalism is the demarcation line between Israel and "the church".

The theory goes.....that God stopped dealing with Israel, and inserted a secret parenthetical dispensation. The reason for this secret dispensation is the alleged prophetic clock of Israel being stopped/paused.

So, now that I have proved the stopped clock theory false, the foundation of Dispensationalism is proven false.

Neither you, nor any other Darby follower has been able to defend the stopped clock claim.

Yes He is.

We now live in the New Covenant where there is no longer a distinction between Jew and Gentile. In the NC, those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

That doesn't help you.

Not one of you Darby followers can reconcile the stopped clock with the events that took place in 70AD.

More of your Jerry Baiting.

ClimateSanity

Yes He is.

That doesn't help you.

You don't know what the foundation of dispensationalism is as I just proved. You cannot knock down something if you don't know what it is. Besides, by what standard do you consider you knocked down or proven anything? All of this is in your head and the preterism at large. When you guys get to determine the rules, it's easy to declare victory and walk away. Get in a real professional debate where terms must be strictly defined and the rules of debate agreed upon and strictly followed. You couldn't last one second in such a debate.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't know what the foundation of dispensationalism is as I just proved. You cannot knock down something if you don't know what it is.

Yes I do.

From theopedia.com:

Dispensationalism - "....It maintains fundamental distinctions between God's plans for national Israel and for the New Testament Church"

Besides, by what standard do you consider you knocked down or proven anything?

The Bible.

All of this is in your head and the preterism at large.

Nope.

You guys claim Israel's prophetic clock stopped in Mid-Acts. That's the foundation of your Dispensationalism.

You can't reconcile that claim with the events that took place in 70AD.

When you guys get to determine the rules, it's easy to declare victory and walk away.

I have declared victory because not one of you Darby followers has explained Luke 19:44

Not one of you Darby followers has explained why Luke 19:44 was fulfilled in 70AD if Israel's prophetic clock was stopped years before 70AD.

Also, I'm not walking away, I have asked the question over and over again.

So far, none of you can defend your claim, so it sure likes like a "victory" to me.

Get in a real professional debate where terms must be strictly defined and the rules of debate agreed upon and strictly followed. You couldn't last one second in such a debate.

This is just more nonsense from you because you can't answer my question, and you can't reconcile Luke 19:44 with your stopped clock claim.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's the Roman empire.
It's the Roman army.
It's Nero.
It's Vespasian.
I don't know exactly, but I declare victory anyway.

Poor little confused preterist.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's the Roman empire.
It's the Roman army.
It's Nero.
It's Vespasian.
I don't know exactly, but I declare victory anyway.

Poor little confused preterist.

You're conflating two different things.

1) The beast
2) The return of Christ

As for the beast, the Revelation makes it clear that the beast is an empire, seven kings, and a man.

As for the return of Christ, it is also described as the Day of the Lord. In the OT "the Day of the Lord" is always judgment.

So, no confusion on my end.

The real confusion is trying to reconcile the claim that Israel's prophetic clock stopped in Mid-Acts with the events of 70AD.

The fact that not one of you Darby followers has even attempted to explain it, is proof that it is you Darby followers who are not only confused, but wrong.

Prove me wrong Tam. All you have to do is explain how Luke 19:44 reconciles with your stopped clock theory?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tet still thinks a stopped prophetic clock means time stopped for Israel.

:mock: preterist.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

More games because you can't defend the claim.

Let's look at the statement again:

you know my answer - Israel's Prophetic clock was temporarily stopped by God

"prophetic clock" being stopped means the prophecies for Israel stopped, not time.

From 66AD - 70AD prophecies for Israel were fulfilled for Israel.

Example:

(Luke 19:43-44) The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

All of the above prophecies were fulfilled in 70AD.

The Romans built an embankment that completely surrounded the city of Jerusalem.
The Jews were dashed to the ground by the Romans.
The Romans left not one stone standing upon another.

The fact that these prophecies for Israel were fulfilled in 70AD completely refutes the claim that "Israel's prophetic clock stopped" in Mid-Acts.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's correct.

I have successfully demonstrated that Dispensationalism is a false belief system by showing the "prophetic clock" claim cannot stand the test of scripture.

Luke 19:44 proves the "prophetic clock" claim as false.

Dispensationalism is built upon the "prophetic clock" claim.

Therefore, Dispensationalism is false.

Not you, nor any other Darby follower has been able to defend the claim.

What is the Dispy claim exactly ?

Danoh

O when the army.
The Roman Army.
O when the army.
The Roman Army.
O when they all come marching in.

Against Jews.
Against the Jews.
Its in the news.
Its in the news.

O Lord is that you in their number,
That Tel's delusion has you in.

In Rome's Great Army.
In Rome's Great Army.

This self-styled Swami
Has You in.

Look! Up in the sky!
Its lord Tel-a-lie!

All bow to Jerry, ur, Tel-a-lie's
Mud in your eye.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
O when the army.
The Roman Army.
O when the army.
The Roman Army.
O when they all come marching in.

Against Jews.
Against the Jews.
Its in the news.
Its in the news.

O Lord is that you in their number,
That Tel's delusion has you in.

In Rome's Great Army.
In Rome's Great Army.

This self-styled Swami
Has You in.

Look! Up in the sky!
Its lord Tel-a-lie!

All bow to Jerry, ur, Tel-a-lie's
Mud in your eye.

More proof that when Darby followers are refuted, they turn into immature little children.

Dispensationalism is once again proven a false belief system.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is the Dispy claim exactly ?

That somewhere in Mid-Acts (they never know exactly where) God stopped Israel's prophetic clock, and inserted a secret parenthetical dispensation called the church age, beginning with the Apostle Paul.

Then they have the church age believers being secretly raptured away in the future, followed by God restarting the prophetic clock for Israel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The other Death Knell to Dispensationalism regarding the "prophetic clock"/70AD is their understanding of "the age of grace".

Dispies have "the age of grace" as one of the names for the secret parenthetical dispensation that was allegedly sandwiched in between God's dealings with Israel.

Dispies can't have God's wrath being poured out on over 1 million people in the age of grace. That goes against all of their understandings and claims for "the age of grace".

Because the Dispies reject the NC, they fail to see that the wrath of God that was poured out on the Jews in 70AD marked the end of the OC.

It also shows there was an overlap of the two covenants from 30AD to 70AD, with the OC coming to a complete end in 70AD.

Post 70AD, we now fully live in the NC (aka age of grace).